Hoser Hut Poker (CPC MD-50 Cash Set) (1 Viewer)

cpac54

4 of a Kind
Supporter
Reaction score
Introducing... HOSER HUT POKER!

fullsizeoutput_1b45.jpeg

Manufacturer: CPC
Mold: MD-50 / DSQ
Artwork: @Johnny5
Production year: 2021

Background, Mock-Ups and Design: https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/new-theme-canadiana-or-something-eh.59893/

As a Canadian ex-pat living in Switzerland the past 8 years, I've wanted to do a set with a tribute to my homeland for some time. I wanted the theme to be bright, fun and include some nods to some stereotypical "Canadiana": ice hockey, grizzly bears, toques, Tim Horton's coffee, etc. Fun note: even the :2h::4s: that the bear is holding is a sly nod to what Canadians call a flat of beer.

Now, those of you who didn't grow up in Canada may be asking yourselves, "What in tarnation is a Hoser??" Generally speaking, it's a slang term for a Canadian. For a more detailed idea... check out these guys:

1613990460644.png

Drawing inspiration from other fun chip sets, including one of my all-time favourites, "Bill's Haus of Bluff" I set about mocking up some rough ideas and enlisted the help of Johnny5 to bring my idea to life. This is my first custom set and the process was long, with over 40 different colour/edge spot mock-ups in the end, as well as some 20 inlay design iterations. The journey was immensely fulfilling and I can say that the anticipation of receiving this set was greater than that with any other set I've purchased 'til this point. I'm grateful for the help of so many on PCF for their thoughts and input throughout the design process and can't praise J5 enough his work on this project. I'm thrilled with the result! Now... to the pr0n!

The Line-Up:

fullsizeoutput_1b4a.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_1b52.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_1b50.jpeg

Dayglo Peach, Dayglo Orange

fullsizeoutput_1b4b.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_1b51.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_1b53.jpeg

Dayglo Peacock, Bright White, Retro Red

fullsizeoutput_1b4c.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_1b54.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_1b56.jpeg

Dayglo Yellow, Dayglo Peacock, Dayglo Pink

fullsizeoutput_1b4d.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_1b57.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_1b5b.jpeg

Charcoal, Light Green, Dayglo Arc Yellow

fullsizeoutput_1b4e.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_1b5c.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_1b5d.jpeg

Bright White, Blurple, Pink

fullsizeoutput_1b43.jpeg

Original Proof from CPC:
53637.png

I do have a limited number of sample sets available. Keep your eyes peeled for an interest thread in the Classifieds sometime this week!​

Last edited:
Nice job!! I like the 1$ the best! But it looks very good as a complet set together!

They came out great!! Congrats on a good looking, fun set. Is there a Coffee Crisp themed set in the future?

Yes! Fantastic! I love them al but I really like your $20. I haven’t seen that spot pattern awesome but I love it. Great color scheme across the board!

They came out awesome. Art work is sweet and the color combos look great! Love the $1 and $20.

Very fun set. Well done. I think the 25c chip is my favorite somehow. Great color combo on it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom