variant
DSCN2018.jpg

chinese copy
DSCN2017.jpg

DSCN2022.jpg

chinese copy with 43 mm chips
DSCN2030.jpg

DSCN2033.jpg

The copy is very nice, robust, and very transparent (no scratch at all!). however it is wider than the genuine b&g. 39 mm chips will float... great for a display showcase but maybe not for carrying imho :watching:

Last edited:
They are meant to stack perfectly. There are small flanges and grooves on the upper and lower flat surfaces that interlock.

Are the 8 sides mostly for a superstitious reason (I'm Chinese btw)? I tried to Google the significance but didn't find any.

I have some of those and I prefer Matsui racks. These are a little too wide to fit into bird cages but they're nice racks for display. What I'm really interested in are these rainbow chips...…………………….WOW!
Rainbow chipsDSCN2030 (2).jpg

Here are some of the nicest chips ever made. Simply beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are the 8 sides mostly for a superstitious reason (I'm Chinese btw)? I tried to Google the significance but didn't find any.

I'm Chinese, too. No, the octagonal racks don't have anything to do with ba qua. They are just an interesting an efficient shape that allows for easy stacking. Chips are not *tight* in these racks, there's a little bit of wiggle/rattle room. Not too much, though (if your chips are minty).

Does anyone have these racks and the 43mm (I believe) Mardi Gras octagon plaques?
I'd be interested to see if these are the perfect solution!

The Beijing Olympic Games commenced on 08/08/2008 at 08:00pm, for some reason:D

Thanks, I might order some. Can you measure the height to the top with the lid on?
Are the tops the same as the bottoms? Like Matsui racks?
Thanks, I might order some. Can you measure the height to the top with the lid on?
Are the tops the same as the bottoms? Like Matsui racks?
5cm/2in to the top, and tops and bottoms are the same.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom