GB Completed China Chip Racks- January 2023 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to get some of these to fit 43MM cards mold. Funny how 1 GB feeds another lol
ohhpieceofcandy.gif

I got my 40mms the other day too. They are so good. I wish I hadn't just basically replaced all my racks with the acrylics from Spinettis :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Don't get me wrong, those and the 4200s are great racks, but if you've got Apache cases, these racks are the way to go. So much easier to in and out of a tight foam fit.

I was also surprised at the thickness of the plastic on these. I expected them to be more flimsly but they're very solid.

Will be in for the next buy.

I got my 40mms the other day too. They are so good. I wish I hadn't just basically replaced all my racks with the acrylics from Spinettis :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Don't get me wrong, those and the 4200s are great racks, but if you've got Apache cases, these racks are the way to go. So much easier to in and out of a tight foam fit.

I was also surprised at the thickness of the plastic on these. I expected them to be more flimsly but they're very solid.

Will be in for the next buy.
I agree that they’re thick and strong, yet still have a bit of flex, which is great.
I was initially worried that they would be too brittle, but they’re not.

For those testing CPCs in the 40mm racks, are they close enough, and is there enough spare plastic, that you could sand down each end just a hair (the rack, not the chips!) for a perfect fit?
For anyone checking out this thread considering the next buy, the answer to my question is yes, maybe. Probably.

I had mixed results with my scroll molds in the 40s as-is. White, blue, and black fit fine (although the white and black are a bit more worn, so that’s to be expected), but red and yellow were too tight. I don’t see any issues with diameter that some others mentioned.

Each barrel of the rack has two vertical ridges on each end— you can see them a bit in the pictures. I filed them off, and the chips mostly fit. I suspect I didn’t get them quite flat, and if I did, they’d fit just fine. The downside is 2 ridges per end, per barrel, and a base and a lid for each rack— that’s 40 ridges per rack to file off. I only have two racks that would need it, but it’s tedious enough, and not yet perfect, that I’m still considering just getting some 43s.

You can see in the after pics that it’s a bit ugly, too, but some plastic polish would likely clean it up.

Attachments

• F18CA447-8E1F-4234-9053-4F4670540586.jpeg
    F18CA447-8E1F-4234-9053-4F4670540586.jpeg
    141.1 KB · Views: 81
  • 2A226B4C-4E62-4F18-8F51-255C5B40B762.jpeg
    2A226B4C-4E62-4F18-8F51-255C5B40B762.jpeg
    165.5 KB · Views: 80
  • 7ADB97DF-2CCB-4628-8EAE-0508CCAA1632.jpeg
    7ADB97DF-2CCB-4628-8EAE-0508CCAA1632.jpeg
    156.1 KB · Views: 78
  • E2413901-F8A7-4A79-BCF9-8E0338E69EAD.jpeg
    E2413901-F8A7-4A79-BCF9-8E0338E69EAD.jpeg
    142.2 KB · Views: 70
For anyone checking out this thread considering the next buy, the answer to my question is yes, maybe. Probably.

I had mixed results with my scroll molds in the 40s as-is. White, blue, and black fit fine (although the white and black are a bit more worn, so that’s to be expected), but red and yellow were too tight. I don’t see any issues with diameter that some others mentioned.

Each barrel of the rack has two vertical ridges on each end— you can see them a bit in the pictures. I filed them off, and the chips mostly fit. I suspect I didn’t get them quite flat, and if I did, they’d fit just fine. The downside is 2 ridges per end, per barrel, and a base and a lid for each rack— that’s 40 ridges per rack to file off. I only have two racks that would need it, but it’s tedious enough, and not yet perfect, that I’m still considering just getting some 43s.

You can see in the after pics that it’s a bit ugly, too, but some plastic polish would likely clean it up.
I had about the same results with A-Mold. About 60% would fit and 40% would be very tight or not fit at all. Was going to switch them into 43mm as they are slightly larger.

I need 1 of these 50mm China chip racks if anyone has an extra they can get rid of. Just PM me.

Gonna be on the lookout for the next group buy for sure.

Now that I realized that Apache doesn't ship to Canada, I'm gonna need some of these groups eventually
"You never came to me before, never called me Godfather. You didnt need a friend like me. Now you come to me on the day of my daughter's wedding..."
- @justincarothers

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom