GB Completed China Chip Racks- January 2023 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those testing CPCs in the 40mm racks, are they close enough, and is there enough spare plastic, that you could sand down each end just a hair (the rack, not the chips!) for a perfect fit?

For those testing CPCs in the 40mm racks, are they close enough, and is there enough spare plastic, that you could sand down each end just a hair (the rack, not the chips!) for a perfect fit?
I thought about it. Because it’s s so close to fitting perfectly, it might work. The middle barrel actually fits, but the closer you get to the edge, the tighter it gets. Maybe a heat gun would work?? Risky though lol
449B8F6A-66C7-4C27-89B0-FB1D601101A1.jpeg

Here’s my CPCs in the 43mm racks. FYI, the racks fit nicely in my birdcage.

View attachment 1048478View attachment 1048479View attachment 1048480

And here is one rack in 40mm

View attachment 1048481
Thank you again! You're absolutely correct. The 43mm rack is ever so slightly wider than the 40mm. I still can't get my yellow Dragonara chips all the way in without risking damaging them, but I can just barely get them to start going in. And the tan and minty blue ones definitely fit better. I suspect they are about a quarter of a mm wider,

Reactions: JFG
That's a great idea. I think that would work for the width (height?) of the barrel. But for the one barrel I have of older A-molds, If I put them in the middle row, the top fits down tight over the chips and can be rocked back and forth just a little. If the rack were full it might not be too noticeable, and it wouldn't rock. But I don't think it will snap in place either. The diameter of CPC chips is just a tiny bit too big for a perfect fit in these racks. On the other hand, I also don't love how the chips rock back and forth in the 43mm racks. So bottom line, either can probably be made to work with CPCs, but neither is perfect.

Last edited:
Ok, someone help me here. I wanted 20 racks for my CPC’s. Do I need 40mm or 43mm?

I"ll take 16 x 40mm racks please. Thank you!

I have to back out as Matsui chips do not fit well in these (glad I checked).

Last edited:
if I want to update quantities, should I make a new post or update original post?

Do the 43mm racks fit Royals any good? Thanks
I only have one barrel of Royals, but they fit perfectly. I tried them in each position. Barrel height leaves a bit of room, probably less than a mm. The diameter of the chip fits nice and snug, but the top still closes completely. I'd say you have zero worries.

I only have one barrel of Royals, but they fit perfectly. I tried them in each position. Barrel height leaves a bit of room, probably less than a mm. The diameter of the chip fits nice and snug, but the top still closes completely. I'd say you have zero worries.
Awesome, thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom