Casa Mango (2 Viewers)

I think I would put some netting above the table.

They aren’t that big, and the smaller varieties usually are much tastier...

B0EF7DC3-413B-46BD-8A04-0B221604BE21.jpeg

Thread is amazing!! You know I am a huge fan! Absolutely love my cut cards and buttons. Also had a hand with the black version!! While all the pics are fantastic!! Those splash pots are insane! Love the Unique table, the poker space outside. I hope the day comes we can come splash some pots under the Mango Trees brother. Just amazed!!! 110% noobs... this is how its done!!

Sorry for all the love notifications, but you deserve every single one!!

Your chippin brother Ben

The tropical atmosphere just screams MIAMI! Fantastic man. Awesome spot to play cards.

Thanks! Miami is a pretty rad place in that I am a couple blocks from downtown but have my own little tropical jungle.

those splash photos are great, thanks for sharing this !!

Thanks for the kind words. I have an idea for the next photo project that will be even splashier!

saw the pictures of your chip in the card mold group buy I love the design with the black background

Cheers. Everyone seems do be doing the black background thing since the Jacks came out. I think I will usually prefer a white over black background but wanted to give it a shot. second guessed myself after sending in my design files but the pics from China look great.

View attachment 532225

What an amazing place to play poker!!

I loved the story, the photos, and the chips. I'm really glad you decided to check out PCF a year ago!

It's been a fun ride. Cheers.

Evan,

I'm ready to play bro...

View attachment 532404

You are welcome any time. Cuban coffee is on me and we can fire up the grill for some skirt steak and chistorras.

Love this!! Mangos are one of my favorite and all your work has turned out spectacular! Thank you for posting! Definitely worth following, congratulations on your journey so far!

Many thanks. I have grown to really love mangos and avocados since moving to Miami. I also have a key lime and Surinam cherry and another vareity of mango. Delicious!

Thread is amazing!! You know I am a huge fan! Absolutely love my cut cards and buttons. Also had a hand with the black version!! While all the pics are fantastic!! Those splash pots are insane! Love the Unique table, the poker space outside. I hope the day comes we can come splash some pots under the Mango Trees brother. Just amazed!!! 110% noobs... this is how its done!!

Sorry for all the love notifications, but you deserve every single one!!

Your chippin brother Ben

I appreciate all of the kind words brother. Especially from an epic chipper such as yourself. I hope to design some more cool projects and also excited to try some other photo projects to share with the community.

You are welcome under my mango tree any time haha. Keep being you man. Cheers.

100-300 mangos a day??!!

Mangos, mango pie, mango salsa, mango ice cream....

It was actual a real problem. We couldn't give them away fast enough. I ended up composting more than half. We has an arborist take the top 15' off this summer. It is still wide and massive.

Thanks! Miami is a pretty rad place in that I am a couple blocks from downtown but have my own little tropical jungle.

I remember it quite well. I grew up in Atlanta and was in Miami during my early 20’s at least once every two months to visit friends who lived down there just W of Coral Gables. We had good times both downtown and even when just hanging out at their houses. Till this day, best Cuban sandwich I’ve ever had was in Miami. Wish I could remember the name of the place.

The mango tree has had a massive haircut. It is no more like an amputee with the top half (20’) cut off. I was away for the summer when they cut it and the removed way too much canopy unfortunately. I just removed the furniture and stripped the deck for re-staining but hopefully we will have the tree canopy back for the next game.

99D2C98E-3A28-497F-9B74-D994CA02B116.jpeg

No great photos pre-haircut but the arborist sent me some videos as he was cutting. Here are some screenshots...

BD8C41D4-FF8C-487C-B630-86A411C6E539.jpeg

292A9082-E5DF-40BD-A324-A612D6F99187.jpeg

Last edited:
The mango tree has had a massive haircut. It is no more like an amputee with the top half (20’) cut off. I was away for the summer when they cut it and the removed way too much canopy unfortunately. I just removed the furniture and stripped the deck for re-staining but hopefully we will have the tree canopy back for the next game.

View attachment 547975

No great photos pre-haircut but the arborist sent me some videos as he was cutting. Here are some screenshots...

View attachment 547976
View attachment 547978

Beauty setup! Very cool! It makes me want to move somewhere warm. Love me some mangoes!

From the table to the chips, an incredible job documenting a journey full of "wow" moments.
Agreed. Really colorful set for a South Florida game.

Great location, onsite organic snacks, personal risk of injury, colorful custom chips, possible rain delays, mosquitos, mojitos, and sweating is not a tell "it's just hot". What more could one ask for?

Great thread!! Thanks for posting your journey.

Beautiful! Do you just place them face down and have them randomly pick or inside a tube with starting stacks?

Just upside down on the table and people pick one. We start playing cash as soon as 4-5 people arrive. We just leave the chips off to the side and people can then pick as they arrive.

Just upside down on the table and people pick one. We start playing cash as soon as 4-5 people arrive. We just leave the chips off to the side and people can then pick as they arrive.

Nice. Seen that as the most common method. Easier and less work than placing them in tubes.

Wow! Thank you for sharing this journey. As a newcomer this is really enlightening and inspiring. As soon as I saw the milling machine I knew we weren't in Kansas anymore. ;)

I'm nowhere near that territory (yet?) but I was curious about your design process. Out of all the designs I've seen (granted it's a limited sample as I *just* got here), your Casa Mango set is so well executed. The font, the colorway, it's crazy nice. Can you shed some light on your thought process as you were coming up with the design? I assume you have some design experience previously?

Thanks and congrats!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom