Casa Mango | Cash - CPC (CSQ) (2 Viewers)

Eloe2000

Straight Flush
Reaction score
Casa-Mango-Logo-Trees-1024.gif

Firstly, I wanted to thank @ReallyGoodUsername and especially @JeepologyOffroad for being terrific and important sounding boards and consultants over many months of agonizing decisions over the most minute details of my CPC sets. I probably traded more messages with Jeep over those months than with my own family members combined. Apologies ;) I want to thank @MarquetteMonkey for helping me with guidance on shaped inlays and for creating Story Hill, which was such a big inspiration. There were others who helped me as well and I appreciate you as well. I couldn’t have done it without you. I also want to thank @David Spragg from CPC for his help in guiding me through the order, answering a ton of questions, providing great service, allowing me to make too many changes after the order was already placed and for delivering a great product that I am ecstatic over. And of course I want to thank @Tommy for creating this amazing place.

These are not my favorite chips. What I mean by that is that I had tried several times to design the perfect CPC set but always got lost in the overwhelming number of options. Then I realized that there is no perfect set and what was important was to design a set that resonated with me. So, I set out this time to create a set inspired by specific elements of South Florida where am a non-native but currently live and where we play at my house nicknamed Casa Mango. I wanted to use bright tropical colors and also knew that I needed shaped inlays as they really elevate any chip. We call my house Casa Mango because of an exceptionally large and old mango tree that was centered in my backyard under which we play poker every week all year round. During the two to three months of mango season we would get as many as 200 mangos per day falling from significant heights. We developed a prop bet that if a mango hit anyone at the table while we were playing, everyone at the table would owe that person $5. While it only occurred once, it struck fear in the hearts of grown men every time we heard one release and rip down through the canopy. The Casa Mango name for our game really stuck. Unfortunately, since this set was ordered, I had an arborist examine the tree and removal was recommended due to age/rot/termites/proximity to house etc, and it has since been removed. This set has now become one to commemorate the tree.

casa mango-1.jpg
casa mango-2.jpg

casa mango-3.jpg
casa mango-4.jpg
casa mango-5.jpg
casa mango-6.jpg
casa mango-7.jpg

casa mango-8.jpg
casa mango-9.jpg
casa mango-10.jpg
casa mango-12.jpg
casa mango-13.jpg
casa mango-14.jpg
casa mango-15.jpg
casa mango-16.jpg
Peeks0364-3.jpg

Last edited:
25¢:
Inspired by the electric pink sunsets that we can get at anytime of year that bath the city in pink. My daughters love to run and jump around outside in the yard when the sky lights up like this.

DG Pink with Lavender, Blurple

Chip-Inspirations1.jpg

Peeks0303-3.jpg
Peeks0312-2.jpg

$1:
I have always been a fan of water and fishing. My wife (then GF) and I came down to Miami for a week to find a condo and over the course of that week I was able to offshore fish the gulf stream, learned to spearfish, tried kite boarding, swam with wild dolphins and manatees, and caught lobster. The amazing deep blue and turquoise water and coral reefs within the view of downtown Miami has been a major draw for us and will remain the most memorable feature of Miami if and when we leave.

DG Peacock Blue with Bright White, Light Green

Chip-Inspirations2b.jpg
Peeks0302-2.jpg
Peeks0313.jpg

$5:
The mango fiver. The inspiration for the entire set. I don’t really need to say more. They are gorgeous with their yellow/orange/red ombre and delicious and used to earn you five bucks at our game under the mango tree at Casa Mango.

DG Arc Yellow with DG Yellow, DG Tiger, Retro Red

Chip-Inspirations3.jpg
Peeks0304-2.jpg
Peeks0314.jpg

$20:
I love the tropical greenery and colors of the outdoors here. Bougainvillea are a great representation of that year round greenery and tropical color. My wife and I had bougainvillea plants at our wedding that we subsequently planted around Casa Mango and they now grow on the house and around the property.

DG Green with DG Prink, Retro Lavender, Green

Chip-Inspirations4a.jpg
Peeks0305-3.jpg

Peeks0311.jpg

$100:
The city of Miami at night from the water is full of gorgeous color while remaining calm and peaceful. Also a great time and place for tarpon fishing.

Black with DG Peach, Imperial Blue, DG Yellow

Chip-Inspirations5.jpg

casa mango-1-5.jpg
casa mango-2-2.jpg

NCV (Seating/Show Em):
Just something nautical and fun. And also the chance for me to use a quarter pie.
Bright White with DG Tiger

Chip-Inspirations6.jpg

Peeks0308.jpg
Peeks0309-2.jpg

Last edited:
View attachment 835796
Firstly, I wanted to thank @ReallyGoodUsername and especially @JeepologyOffroad for being terrific and important sounding boards and consultants over many months of agonizing decisions over the most minute details of my CPC sets. I probably traded more messages with Jeep over those months than with my own family members combined. Apologies ;) I want to thank @MarquetteMonkey for helping me with guidance on shaped inlays and for creating Story Hill, which was such a big inspiration. There were others who helped me as well and I appreciate you as well. I couldn’t have done it without you. I also want to thank @David Spragg from CPC for his help in guiding me through the order, answering a ton of questions, providing great service, allowing me to make too many changes after the order was already placed and for delivering a great product that I am ecstatic over.

These are not my favorite chips. What I mean by that is that I had tried several times to design the perfect CPC set but always got lost in the overwhelming number of options. Then I realized that there is no perfect set and what was important was to design a set that resonated with me. So, I set out this time to create a set inspired by specific elements of South Florida where am a non-native but currently live and where we play at my house nicknamed Casa Mango. I wanted to use bright tropical colors and also knew that I needed shaped inlays as they really elevate any chip. We call my house Casa Mango because of an exceptionally large and old mango tree that was centered in my backyard under which we play poker every week all year round. During the two to three months of mango season we would get as many as 200 mangos per day falling from significant heights. We developed a prop bet that if a mango hit anyone at the table while we were playing, everyone at the table would owe that person $5. While it only occurred once, it struck fear in the hearts of grown men every time we heard one release and rip down through the canopy. The Casa Mango name for our game really stuck. Unfortunately, since this set was ordered, I had an arborist examine the tree and removal was recommended due to age/rot/termites/proximity to house etc, and it has since been removed. This set has now become one to commemorate the tree.

View attachment 835797View attachment 835798
View attachment 835820
View attachment 835799View attachment 835800View attachment 835801View attachment 835802View attachment 835803View attachment 835804View attachment 835805View attachment 835806View attachment 835807
View attachment 835816View attachment 835817
Whoever complains about the "mUtEd" colors at CPC is high. You did fantastic dude

This set should/could be used as the face of PCF.

Anytime I think of a custom set, this is first to mind every-single-time.

The name, the colors, the art. Bro, it just gives me the “What the 80’s were like” vibe.

And guessing how many hours that probably went into these, then knowing it’s probably way more... not including the color science...

These are the gin of PCF.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom