Casa Mango | Cash - CPC (CSQ) (1 Viewer)

I ordered something like 30 extra per denom to allow for swapping out less desirable chips and for sample sets.
giphy.webp

I realized after the fact that I forgot to take photos of the chips racked showing the edge spots. Not crucial but I know there had been a lot of fuss in 2021 about split spots on CPCs, particularly with DG base chips. I just wanted to give my thoughts on the QC of squashed and split spots. 5 out of 6 of my chips have DG base. David had a direct chat with me about the potential for split spots and which chips may be more of an issue. I had ordered extras for this possibility and or for sample sets anyway. I ordered just over 1200 chips and after a thorough check I only found 4 instances of split spots (2 were Blurple spot on DG Pink base, and 2 were Light Green spot on DG Peacock base). And even then, the splits were only on one spot per chip and were relatively minor. I really had to seek these out. In general I view squashed spots as an attractive element of clay chips and I am incredibly happy with the overall QC of the spots of the chips. CPC provided many more extras to compensate for issues like that even though I am totally happy putting those into use. It is worth noting that I found one instance of a bubbled inlay that created a spinner. But again CPC more than covered that in extras. I’ll admit I was a little nervous placing an order with so many DG base chips after that thread popped up. But I am incredibly happy with the service and product I received.

View attachment 837370View attachment 837371View attachment 837372
Echoing @Rieguy and @JeepologyOffroad, all of those racked chips are insane and they look amazing together.

I realized after the fact that I forgot to take photos of the chips racked showing the edge spots. Not crucial but I know there had been a lot of fuss in 2021 about split spots on CPCs, particularly with DG base chips. I just wanted to give my thoughts on the QC of squashed and split spots. 5 out of 6 of my chips have DG base. David had a direct chat with me about the potential for split spots and which chips may be more of an issue. I had ordered extras for this possibility and or for sample sets anyway. I ordered just over 1200 chips and after a thorough check I only found 4 instances of split spots (2 were Blurple spot on DG Pink base, and 2 were Light Green spot on DG Peacock base). And even then, the splits were only on one spot per chip and were relatively minor. I really had to seek these out. In general I view squashed spots as an attractive element of clay chips and I am incredibly happy with the overall QC of the spots of the chips. CPC provided many more extras to compensate for issues like that even though I am totally happy putting those into use. It is worth noting that I found one instance of a bubbled inlay that created a spinner. But again CPC more than covered that in extras. I’ll admit I was a little nervous placing an order with so many DG base chips after that thread popped up. But I am incredibly happy with the service and product I received.

View attachment 837370View attachment 837371View attachment 837372

And now I hate my customs. Thanks a lot.

I’m hopeful that I like my soon-to-arrive CPC set anywhere near how much I like this set (through pictures at least). Just want to say DAMN! every time I open this thread.

Tremendous work and gorgeous set :love:.
Congrats !!
Love the chips colors explanations.

I used to think that CPC absolutely needed to add some more appealing colors for me to even consider actually making a set (yellows, hello). However a few sets have popped up recently that make me reconsider. This is one of them. - You've proved that an absolutely stunning, awesome CPC set can be made with the current options available if used smartly. Congrats again! Might be a result of your beautiful photography, but I think these are my favorite CPCs ever.

I used to think that CPC absolutely needed to add some more appealing colors for me to even consider actually making a set (yellows, hello). However a few sets have popped up recently that make me reconsider. This is one of them. - You've proved that an absolutely stunning, awesome CPC set can be made with the current options available if used smartly. Congrats again! Might be a result of your beautiful photography, but I think these are my favorite CPCs ever.

Thank you for your kind words!

I used to feel the same way. But once I received a color sample set I realized there were 19 colors that I really loved and I could be excited about building a set with. Obviously me being a professional photographer allows me to make the chips look as nice as possible on the screen, but I do believe they look just as good in person (thanks in no small part to those who helped me). There are other sets out there that aren’t as appreciated as much as they should because they could benefit from a nice photo session.

I do feel there is a new breed of CPC sets using colors in new and interesting ways. I am just one of those people. But there are plenty more on the way. I have been lucky enough to see some of them as they were being developed and I am just as excited to see those once produced as I was my own. @JeepologyOffroad is my favorite designer here and he (among others) has some sets coming up that are going to knock everyone’s card cappers off.

One thing that doesn’t come across in photos is the fact that some of the chips are weighted and some are unweighted. This doesn’t bother me at all and I actually don’t notice the difference in my hands. But this is a bother in feel and sound for some others and some others have felt constrained designing their sets because they didn’t want to use DG as a base, didn’t want to mix DG and weighted in certain ways, or use too much DG as spots. So this set may not work for others on the felt.

I am absolutely in love with my cash set and excited to receive the tournament set. So much so that I am selling all of my Paulsons. Customization originally led me here and it is going to be my end game for sure. I would love to see CPC continue their development of their color catalog and possibly add spot patterns and it will excite me to build new sets.

Thanks again!

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom