Casa Mango | Cash - CPC (CSQ) (2 Viewers)

Please confirm whether the police were called by neighbors when you set up lighting on the backyard stump to take the OP pics.

Also,
allowing me to make too many changes after the order was already placed
...other than the green $20, I'd be interested to know what other design changes you wrestled with and/or made after the design was submitted.

...other than the green $20, I'd be interested to know what other design changes you wrestled with and/or made after the design was submitted.

I started off the entire set with the idea of doing a DG Peach $5. By a wide mile I spent the most amount of time on this set trying to make the Peach base happen but I just couldn't make it work since I was trying to incorporate so many shades of yellow/orange/red. With Peach being right in the middle color wise I thought there just wasn't enough contrast. But @Rbonus012 's $5er with Peach and Arc Yellow showed me I was actually wrong and how nice that combo is. But I spent a lot of time just trying to decide on the right colors on the $5 even knowing exactly what spot pattern I was going to use.

I took a little convincing that it was worth the money for the premium premium hub inlay on the $5 chip. But I am glad I made that decision.

I was stuck for a while on the spot pattern for my $20 but in the end It wasn't a aa deciision that concerned me too much.

I debated doing Bright White and Retro Blue spots on the $1 instead of Light Green for more of the deep blue ocean appearance. In the end I think the additional contrast may have flowed better if I had made that choice.

Overall, my very first mockup are really close to where I ended up. Below were my very first mockups and what I had sent to @ReallyGoodUsername for my first feedback.

wdad.jpg

Shaped-Inalys.jpg

5S.jpg

Operation Seating Chip was a success. Thanks @Gear for the labels!

And a thought… CPC 1/4 Pie hotstamps would be fire!

View attachment 836733View attachment 836734View attachment 836735
Those poor murdered non-denom Casa Mango inlays. :cry:

I assume CPC doesn't let you order individual chips with one inlay design per chip, so that's why you had to go the Gear route? Could you have ordered the chips without inlays for slightly less cost, or would you then have to mill them?

Those poor murdered non-denom Casa Mango inlays. :cry:

I assume CPC doesn't let you order individual chips with one inlay design per chip, so that's why you had to go the Gear route? Could you have ordered the chips without inlays for slightly less cost, or would you then have to mill them?

Correct. You can’t really do seating chips directly with CPC. Popping out CPC inlays is super easy though. Way easier than milling and way easier than Paulsons. And you want one side of each seating chip to be NCV anyway so this isn’t a terrible approach. It will do the trick for sure.

Correct. You can’t really do seating chips directly with CPC. Popping out CPC inlays is super easy though. Way easier than milling and way easier than Paulsons. And you want one side of each seating chip to be NCV anyway so this isn’t a terrible approach. It will do the trick for sure.
Was about to ask why, but obviously so people can't pick their seats, so one side has to be "covered".

Just scrolled back up and stared at the unlabeled quarter pie. :love: I'd nickname them creamsicles...

1640721099241.png

I realized after the fact that I forgot to take photos of the chips racked showing the edge spots. Not crucial but I know there had been a lot of fuss in 2021 about split spots on CPCs, particularly with DG base chips. I just wanted to give my thoughts on the QC of squashed and split spots. 5 out of 6 of my chips have DG base. David had a direct chat with me about the potential for split spots and which chips may be more of an issue. I had ordered extras for this possibility and or for sample sets anyway. I ordered just over 1200 chips and after a thorough check I only found 4 instances of split spots (2 were Blurple spot on DG Pink base, and 2 were Light Green spot on DG Peacock base). And even then, the splits were only on one spot per chip and were relatively minor. I really had to seek these out. In general I view squashed spots as an attractive element of clay chips and I am incredibly happy with the overall QC of the spots of the chips. CPC provided many more extras to compensate for issues like that even though I am totally happy putting those into use. It is worth noting that I found one instance of a bubbled inlay that created a spinner. But again CPC more than covered that in extras. I’ll admit I was a little nervous placing an order with so many DG base chips after that thread popped up. But I am incredibly happy with the service and product I received.

blog-1.jpg
blog-4.jpg
blog-2.jpg

Last edited:
I realized after the fact that I forgot to take photos of the chips racked showing the edge spots. Not crucial but I know there had been a lot of fuss in 2021 about split spots on CPCs, particularly with DG base chips. I just wanted to give my thoughts on the QC of squashed and split spots. 5 out of 6 of my chips have DG base. David had a direct chat with me about the potential for split spots and which chips may be more of an issue. I had ordered extras for this possibility and or for sample sets anyway. I ordered just over 1200 chips and after a thorough check I only found 4 instances of split spots (2 were Blurple spot on DG Pink base, and 2 were Light Green spot on DG Peacock base). And even then, the splits were only on one spot per chip and were relatively minor. I really had to seek these out. In general I view squashed spots as an attractive element of clay chips and I am incredibly happy with the overall QC of the spots of the chips. CPC provided many more extras to compensate for issues like that even though I am totally happy putting those into use. It is worth noting that I found one instance of a bubbled inlay that created a spinner. But again CPC more than covered that in extras.

View attachment 837351View attachment 837352View attachment 837354

Did you pay the split spot premium I had seen mentioned before?

Did you pay the split spot premium I had seen mentioned before?

Nope. I just let her rip as a normal order. I ordered something like 30 extra per denom to allow for swapping out less desirable chips and for sample sets. The one spot that David was particularly concerned about the possibility of splits was the Retro Red on DG Arc Yellow base. But I didn’t find a single instance of a split there in the end. The very few split spots “defective” chips I had were more than covered by the many extras they sent me anyway.

I realized after the fact that I forgot to take photos of the chips racked showing the edge spots. Not crucial but I know there had been a lot of fuss in 2021 about split spots on CPCs, particularly with DG base chips. I just wanted to give my thoughts on the QC of squashed and split spots. 5 out of 6 of my chips have DG base. David had a direct chat with me about the potential for split spots and which chips may be more of an issue. I had ordered extras for this possibility and or for sample sets anyway. I ordered just over 1200 chips and after a thorough check I only found 4 instances of split spots (2 were Blurple spot on DG Pink base, and 2 were Light Green spot on DG Peacock base). And even then, the splits were only on one spot per chip and were relatively minor. I really had to seek these out. In general I view squashed spots as an attractive element of clay chips and I am incredibly happy with the overall QC of the spots of the chips. CPC provided many more extras to compensate for issues like that even though I am totally happy putting those into use. It is worth noting that I found one instance of a bubbled inlay that created a spinner. But again CPC more than covered that in extras. I’ll admit I was a little nervous placing an order with so many DG base chips after that thread popped up. But I am incredibly happy with the service and product I received.

View attachment 837351View attachment 837352View attachment 837354

I loved the set before these latest pics, but those hundos racked are insane. I think it's the best use of this insert pattern I have seen.

That’s basically zero split spots. Awesome!

A completely accurate description would be to say CPC delivered my set and the quantity ordered with zero issues, including extras with zero issues for free. But they also decided to throw in some of the "defective" chips anyway for fun on top of my zero issue set. They shouldn't get dinged for including some defective chips for fun on top of my zero defect set.

It looks so much different on the hundo than on the 5er right next to it. It is an illustration of how much the surrounding colors change the look of a color.

Agreed. I think the flecks make the contrast between the weighted and non-weighted alternating colors look incredible on the hundos as well. Just another facet for me to take into account now. I'm convinced I'll be tinkering with my mock-ups in perpetuity. For now, I blame you and your extremely HQ pics.

Agreed. I think the flecks make the contrast between the weighted and non-weighted alternating colors look incredible on the hundos as well. Just another facet for me to take into account now. I'm convinced I'll be tinkering with my mock-ups in perpetuity. For now, I blame you and your extremely HQ pics.

It is the tinkering that is fun. I am already tinkering with secondary chips and another set :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom