Casa Mango | Cash - CPC (CSQ) (2 Viewers)

Sorry, I have just been so out of loop here. I promised one or two people from the "Best Of" competition sample sets. Sorry, but my inbox has cratered. Can you remind me who you are? I have them packaged up and ready to go.
@LeGold comes to my mind.

View attachment 835796
Firstly, I wanted to thank @ReallyGoodUsername and especially @JeepologyOffroad for being terrific and important sounding boards and consultants over many months of agonizing decisions over the most minute details of my CPC sets. I probably traded more messages with Jeep over those months than with my own family members combined. Apologies ;) I want to thank @MarquetteMonkey for helping me with guidance on shaped inlays and for creating Story Hill, which was such a big inspiration. There were others who helped me as well and I appreciate you as well. I couldn’t have done it without you. I also want to thank @David Spragg from CPC for his help in guiding me through the order, answering a ton of questions, providing great service, allowing me to make too many changes after the order was already placed and for delivering a great product that I am ecstatic over. And of course I want to thank @Tommy for creating this amazing place.

These are not my favorite chips. What I mean by that is that I had tried several times to design the perfect CPC set but always got lost in the overwhelming number of options. Then I realized that there is no perfect set and what was important was to design a set that resonated with me. So, I set out this time to create a set inspired by specific elements of South Florida where am a non-native but currently live and where we play at my house nicknamed Casa Mango. I wanted to use bright tropical colors and also knew that I needed shaped inlays as they really elevate any chip. We call my house Casa Mango because of an exceptionally large and old mango tree that was centered in my backyard under which we play poker every week all year round. During the two to three months of mango season we would get as many as 200 mangos per day falling from significant heights. We developed a prop bet that if a mango hit anyone at the table while we were playing, everyone at the table would owe that person $5. While it only occurred once, it struck fear in the hearts of grown men every time we heard one release and rip down through the canopy. The Casa Mango name for our game really stuck. Unfortunately, since this set was ordered, I had an arborist examine the tree and removal was recommended due to age/rot/termites/proximity to house etc, and it has since been removed. This set has now become one to commemorate the tree.

View attachment 835915View attachment 835916
View attachment 835917View attachment 835918View attachment 835919View attachment 835920View attachment 835921
View attachment 835922View attachment 835923View attachment 835925View attachment 835926View attachment 835927View attachment 835928View attachment 835929View attachment 835930View attachment 835931
I'm know I'm late to the party but these chips are absolutely incredible!!! I just read through these threads and am super impressed. Hoping you're getting good mileage out of them! If samples ever become available, I am totally down for some! Better yet, if you ever decide to add on to any of your sets and are open to allowing others to participate in the purchase, I'm more than eager to be part of it! Also, I totally understand if this is something you want to keep unique to yourself :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom