Broken Bell formally Blue Chip CPCs (1 Viewer)

Let me rephrase:
How is YOUR productivity level this week? I know I would be even more useless than normal in the home stretch.

Keeping busy makes the time go by quicker so it will be business at usual here.

UPS 28 pup trailer.png

South Portland, ME, United States 02/03/2016 9:45 P.M. Departure Scan

(y) :thumbsup:

Thought you all would like to know...:D

UPS 28 pup trailer1.png

Saddle Brook, NJ, United States 02/04/2016 11:20 A.M. Arrival Scan

Thought you all would like to know...:D

View attachment 29611

Saddle Brook, NJ, United States 02/04/2016 11:20 A.M. Arrival Scan

Spike strips strategically placed across the NJ Turnpike SB truck lanes at ~Exit 11 later this afternoon = new CPC chips diverted to the Irish household... :whistle: :whistling: :D

Spike strips strategically placed across the NJ Turnpike SB truck lanes at ~Exit 11 later this afternoon = new CPC chips diverted to the Irish household... :whistle: :whistling: :D

UPS trucks must have run flats. :) They made it to Philadelphia. Either the Oregon Ave or the Airport hub. I worked at both in the 90s.

2016-02-04_19-07-33.png

I feel like a kid on X-mas eve. :D
Getting custom CPCs is like having sex for the first time. Nervous as all hell and excited like a kid in a candy shop. Then when it happens it's the best time ever but over so quick, and you can't wait until the next time.

The are close by, sitting in a UPS truck less than 2 miles from me waiting to be delivered today.

2016-02-05_2-04-46.png

I think I'd be knocking that truck's driver side door..... HEY!! YOU GOTZ MY CHIPS??

Offer him coffee and a donut.

Thanks everyone for the comments and suggestions on this set. They all helped in one way or another.

Just a couple of footnotes:

I was going to change the 814 $20 to 614 only to get more base color into the set. It was too late to make the change. The 814 is still awesome. No regrets at all.
I was going to change the blue spot on the $100 to the new DG Peacock blue that CPC released after my order was placed. I waited too long to decided.

PRON thread here: http://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/broken-bell-cash-set.10040/

Thanks again! (y) :thumbsup:

Been thinking about doing an add-on with shaped inlays for a while now. I'm really torn about it though because the set was designed to have a simple look. Plus the additional cost is something to consider and I would be mixing what I have now (all circle inlays) with shaped inlays so that tilts me a bit. There is also a very good chance the colors will be noticeably different between the original order and the add-on order.

Well, I just talked myself out of doing an add-on :eek: so these mockups were just for fun.....

5c.png
25c.png
1.png
5.png
20.png
100.png

Love the shapes on the $5, $20, and $100. I wish CPC could do the sawtooth inlay.

I really like your Broken Bell set as is with the round inlays.

You DEFINITELY should do the shaped inlays! But mixing with the original set would be a very bad idea, for all the reasons you mentioned! :D:sneaky::whistle: :whistling:

To be honest, I think I'd leave both fracs and the $1 chip as round, and just add on shaped $5, $20, and $100 chips (which should look fine mixed in with the originals). And chances are only the $5s wiuld be mixed in actual play, since it's unlikely that you'd need enough $20s and/or $100s to require breaking out the round inlay chips.

All assuming you add on at all. Color variation on those three chips shouldn't be too much of an issue, except for possibly Canary (and maybe the Peach spot). Somebody here on PCF recently did a comparison of CPC colors produced 3-4 years apart; the more recent stuff is generally-speaking brighter and more vibrant (which shouldn't affect Black or Retro Red).

And fwiw, I think changing your hundo flag spot color to Peacock would be a big mistake. I see your mockup retained the original Blue. (y) :thumbsup:

wow. those are awesome

Thanks I made it an entire year without seriously considering customs.

Looks like now I am stealing your colors and edge spots and all I have left is an inlay to design.

I wonder if I can get around the 10% early IRA withdrawal for custom chips claiming a mental disorder for addiction to clay???

Tourney set???

I had a small BB Tourney set made. The inlays were removed and its being re-purposed by another member. I have plans to design a new set sometime in the future. Probably when my kids are a little older and I can start hosting games here again.

And fwiw, I think changing your hundo flag spot color to Peacock would be a big mistake. I see your mockup retained the original Blue. (y) :thumbsup:

Definitely. Was just the hype of a new color I guess.

I'm working a 16 hr shift tonight....just staying busy. :)
I do like the B-Diamonds mold but a 7/8 inlay just fits with no room for error. A-Crest mold has a little play. Just temp photochopped inlays. :D

v1.jpg

Not sure on the $1, $5, or $100. Feedback?
I’d go dayglo peacock/blue for the edge spot on the $1. And +1 on the bright white. The 3 stripe $100 is sweet!

I’d go dayglo peacock/blue for the edge spot on the $1. And +1 on the bright white. The 3 stripe $100 is sweet!
Yo, that mock-up post was from almost three years ago. Chips have already been made....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom