Big O but NO Qualifier (Discuss) (1 Viewer)

churlbut18

Full House
Reaction score
I love the simplicity of Big O, but I don’t like that the “low” is only present less than 50% of the time due to the 8 qualifier, keeping it from a true split pot game.

What’s surprising is that I never see anyone play a variant where Big O is simply played without the 8 qualifier to guarantee a split every hand, given how much we love split pot circus games.

So instead we gravitate towards games like Ultimate Double-Board or 2 and 5 Omaha variants.

But then a game like Dra2maha Low, we don’t have a qualifier and it works.

So why does Big O need a qualifier?

Is “Big O No Qualifier” worth considering?

Calling all the way with 2nd nut high only to find out your "emergency" 6, 8 low gets 1/2. :sneaky:
John Candy No GIF by Laff

So why does Big O need a qualifier?

Is “Big O No Qualifier” worth considering?
Many pots in poker end up heads up, I don't love the idea of an almost guaranteed split pot. I find the qualifier to be a much more interesting problem vs just seeing who can make the overall worst hand. Sure, you can play it, life's wonderful like that, but there's a reason many split pot games require the qualifier.

I love the simplicity of Big O, but I don’t like that the “low” is only present less than 50% of the time due to the 8 qualifier, keeping it from a true split pot game.
FWIW, it’s more like 60% of the time.
From my perspective, not having a low all the time makes it a much better game. I’m not playing a split pot game because it’s nice and equitable to have two winners. I’m playing a split pot game because I’m hoping to scooooop!

FWIW, it’s more like 60% of the time.
From my perspective, not having a low all the time makes it a much better game. I’m not playing a split pot game because it’s nice and equitable to have two winners. I’m playing a split pot game because I’m hoping to scooooop!
So a game like 5-Card ImPLOcean 8 would increase the likelihood of a low hand given there are 6 board cards (compared to Big O)

So a game like 5-Card ImPLOcean 8 would increase the likelihood of a low hand given there are 6 board cards (compared to Big O)
I’ve never played that one, but I’m assuming it’s just Big O with another street after the river?
Yeah that would increase the odds, but whether it bumps it up to 65% or 70% or what, I guess we’d need a mathematician.
But if you’re playing that game pot limit deep stacked, it must get crazy expensive!

I’ve never played that one, but I’m assuming it’s just Big O with another street after the river?
Yeah that would increase the odds, but whether it bumps it up to 65% or 70% or what, I guess we’d need a mathematician.
But if you’re playing that game pot limit deep stacked, it must get crazy expensive!
Yah, basically turn and river come out together, round if betting and then 6th board card comes out (the ocean) as I understand it. Here are the variations. Middle one is the hi/lo.

IMG_2420.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom