What's your least favorite Hold'em hand? (2 Viewers)

You are behind on any flop not containing a 2...................but my god am I incapable of folding 22 on the hope of that magical set hitting. ;)
I can call a mid post flop bet here... I might still hit my duce... ohh crap! Missed again... I mean I'm pretty committed now, as long as it's not half the pot I gotta call... I might hit my duce on the river!

Crap! Why did I even call $2 with these stupid 2s... I swear they never hit for ME!

Goodbye $42 donation... on to the next crappy hand to try and make it back... let's just see here.... hmm 34o... well both of them are better than those crappy 2s I had. I can make this work! "Raise, I got a monster brewin!"

Lmfao

You are behind on any flop not containing a 2...................but my god am I incapable of folding 22 on the hope of that magical set hitting. ;)
Actually I like low pocket pairs for this reason, set mine and escape if it doesn't hit. The only thing that ever scares me with them is bottom set is sorta scary if the board pairs and you fill up, because now you're in a potential cooler situation. Any middling 2 pair can now have you dominated if they also fill up.

Yes! When I was playing tournaments (where set-mining often doesn’t make sense) with a rather ABC style I would never vpip a single chip with 22.
As my style has gotten a bit more creative, I don’t mind messing around with 22. But it’s always just that - messing around. It certainly doesn’t qualify, as Tony G would say.

Prob with JJ is that they tend to be tougher to win big with. They are winners all the same though. The really big prob that I have with JJ is that they are very easy to lose big with.

I think the other problem that occurs with JJ is that if preflop gets crazy and all the chips are in, you are very often just flipping against the bottom of people's ranges for that kind of action (depending on how deep and many other factors of course). You really only dominate people getting a bit out of line or running short stacks with TT and below or maybe an occasional AJs.

I try not to judge it on those scenarios, where it just sucks, but build the pot and see where I'm at post flop.

I think the other problem that occurs with JJ is that if preflop gets crazy and all the chips are in, you are very often just flipping against the bottom of people's ranges for that kind of action (depending on how deep and many other factors of course). You really only dominate people getting a bit out of line or running short stacks with TT and below or maybe an occasional AJs.

I try not to judge it on those scenarios, where it just sucks, but build the pot and see where I'm at post flop.
In those instances where they do win big, it’s usually just that, punishing the chasers by building the pot or similarly taking the remainders from a pusher (short stack).

Sorry don’t want to digress from the topic by making this a JJ’s thread. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

I feel like I was dealt 5-2 offsuit 30 times over the span of 5.5hrs last weekend. It was actually closer to a dozen, but still. I never want to see it again.

A6-A9 off when you’re card dead all night. Clear fold (when there is lots of action before you) but it’s the first Ace you’ve seen in 2 hours. Shove into AA or AK and get stacked

KQ suited or unsuited is my least favorite Hold em hand. Although I’ve been known to make it work on occasion. ;)
IMG_1395.jpeg

A6-A9 off when you’re card dead all night. Clear fold (when there is lots of action before you) but it’s the first Ace you’ve seen in 2 hours. Shove into AA or AK and get stacked
This was my answer as well. Have to play it really carefully.

J8s. 50% of the time it feels playable, 50% of the time it feels foldable, 100% of the time I make the wrong choice in the situation.

We all now that statistically 7/2 O is the worst hand in the game. But something about J/4 O makes me want throw up even more whenever I see them. The 4 especially irks me because my eyes always see an ace for a split second before reality hits me. J/4 O is like having a rug pulled from under me. Are there any hands you guys hate seeing more than 7/2 O?
Garrett?

Q7 is a piece of shit hand. I'll open fold it even in the BB when they limp to me. Happened twice where I got a walk, hit trips and lost on the kicker to the case Queen. Q7 is worse than cutting my fingernails too short.
Looking back at this thread... I agree about this hand, but at the same time what I hate about it is that splashy players love to play it at out home games, and it is the type of hand that just messes up your life because why tf would someone have it in a 3 bet pot. Inevitably someone has that and either hits two pair to beat your top pair, or it's enough for them as a bluff catcher. Annoys the hell out of me.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom