River Card Bad Beat Stories (1 Viewer)

4SUMERZ

Flush
Reaction score
As anyone who plays this game, I'm positive that we all have a few bad beat stories, no matter how much money was in the pot.
The worst I've read Texas Hold'em, a guy with pocket J's, see the flop come 2-2-J, dream flop right? then the turn is a 2, no problem, all the money goes in and 1 caller.
The river is a 2, so 4 of a kind on board, and the guy turns over a A-K to win. This one is really bad, because by rights, the guy should have folded A-K, but sometimes, we all fall in lust with A-K hole cards, and hard to fold.

Mine isn't quite that dramatic, but a bad beat none the less.
Playing Omaha, I have A-Q of diamonds and Q of Hearts and 2 of spades for my hole cards. 8 players, 4 left after my raise on the the betting pre flop.
Flop comes 5 and 7 of diamonds and 8 of clubs. I'm feeling pretty good, no pair on board, and nut flush possibilty, possible straight by other players, but raise the pot, get 2 callers.
Turn card is a Q of spades. I now have trip queens, and also chasing a diamond so I raise half pot, one of the guys folds, the other calls, now head to head.
The river comes, 3 of diamonds. No worries, no pair on board, I have improved my hand to a nut flush, i can beat the straight or a smaller flush.
I raise pot, and almost instantly, the guy goes all in... I can't call quick enough.
The guy turns over the 4 and 6 of diamonds, for a straight flush...WOW!!!! That is why I got to hate playing Omaha, as the river card usually brings bad news to the unsuspecting.

I had a sick one once. I 4-bet and get called preflop. I have QQ. Other guy calls, and flop comes 37Q. I c-bet and he shove all in. I obviously instacall. He shows 88.
8 turn 8 river GG
This could be the winner.

Played in a tourney at @MrCatPants house last week. I'm BB with 10-5. No raises. Flop comes 10 10 5. One bet, I call. 4th street comes rag. One bet, I raise, he shoves, I call. He turns over A 10 and shrugs. River comes Ace. womp womp.

I had a sick one once. I 4-bet and get called preflop. I have QQ. Other guy calls, and flop comes 37Q. I c-bet and he shove all in. I obviously instacall. He shows 88.
8 turn 8 river GG
My version of this was almost at bad - at least mine, villain started with an overpair. I have 66. Flop 662. I lead small on flop, he jams all in, I call. Shows 10 10. Turn and river 10s.

My version of this was almost at bad - at least mine, villain started with an overpair. I have 66. Flop 662. I lead small on flop, he jams all in, I call. Shows 10 10. Turn and river 10s.
The new leader of bad beats...losing with 4 of a kind would sting...ouch

On the very last hand of a timed cash game, I had a royal flush once when a Jc came on the river to beat my buddy when that J gave him a full house. He said he had me on a flush with that card, had me beaten, thus his all in play.
I guess we give bad beats as well as receiving more, or so we claim.

I remember in a cash game getting it all in pre AK vs @MikesDad AA and flopping 2 kings. He didn't even look angry after that hand, just very tired.

I guess not a river BB story but all of the $$ went in before the bad beat.

I push those kind of memories out of my head. Having the nuts against a very strong second hand is what you always want, until the river crushes your nuts.

Hardly that much of a bad beat given it was only about a $40 pot, but for some reason it stays in my head. 5c/10c, I open to 75c with 88, my friend who barely plays raises to $2, I make it about $5 and he calls. Hit the dream flop and it's something like 8TX with two diamonds. He says 'I know you're just going to go all-in and I'll call so I'll do it first'. Obviously I call, and he turns over AxQd. Beautiful, I'm way out in front, he needs a turn and river to catch up. Runner runner diamonds and he scoops. Sometimes you get exactly the play you want from your opponent and it doesn't matter. Think I ended down about 500BB that night from one or two other bad beats...

Hardly that much of a bad beat given it was only about a $40 pot, but for some reason it stays in my head. 5c/10c, I open to 75c with 88, my friend who barely plays raises to $2, I make it about $5 and he calls. Hit the dream flop and it's something like 8TX with two diamonds. He says 'I know you're just going to go all-in and I'll call so I'll do it first'. Obviously I call, and he turns over AxQd. Beautiful, I'm way out in front, he needs a turn and river to catch up. Runner runner diamonds and he scoops. Sometimes you get exactly the play you want from your opponent and it doesn't matter. Think I ended down about 500BB that night from one or two other bad beats...

Had a similar one a couple sessions ago. Decent pot I think about $120 ish.

Limp pot, I checked in the BB with :8d::4d:. Flopped :8h::6h::4s:, turned :8c: to fill up. River was :th:. Sweet, all the straight and flush draws get there. Got it all in.

Villain unfortunately hit both both at the same time :cry:
received_621726116294294.jpeg

Had a similar one a couple sessions ago. Decent pot I think about $120 ish.

Limp pot, I checked in the BB with :8d::4d:. Flopped :8h::6h::4s:, turned :8c: to fill up. River was :th:. Sweet, all the straight and flush draws get there. Got it all in.

Villain unfortunately hit both both at the same time :cry:
Those limped pots are dangerous aren't they :LOL: :laugh:

~$900 pot, 3 players, 2 of us all-in pre-flop for about $300 each
Flop: KTx
Turn x
River: J
Player 1 (all-in) turns over QQ
I'm all-and turn over AK
3rd player who called $300 cold proudly turns over Q9o for rivered straight and proudly announces "Nobody makes that call"

Duh..

So, not a river bad-beat per say, but I was playing 4-handed 5 Card Draw Hi only, no wilds. At showdown, I turn over Aces and Eights (ominous, I know. The dealer even mentions it's the Dead Man's Hand.) The player to my left, who I'm pretty sure I don't want to win, shows four 9 nines. The player to my right, who I don't think I want to win but I'm not entirely certain at this point, (out of turn) tables a royal flush. The dealer, sitting across from me, who I definitely know I don't want to win, slowly rolls over four deuces, so maybe I'm okay, Royal Flush guys wins. But wait, dealer rolls over his last card, a 2nd 2 of clubs for 5 of a kind! FML! Four of a Kind guy is considerate enough to call the dealer a cheating bastard, otherwise I might not have known. Anyway, I end up murdering the dealer right there in his own club and eventually having a neutral relationship with Royal Flush guy (after saving his dog) and rekindling an old friendship with 4 of a Kind guy, even though I went on to shoot him twice and he ended up killing me after I paid off all his debts. Not your typical runner-runner story.

Last edited:
Not really a bad beat, but, stung a lot anyway. Decent cash game, I get delt pocket aces late and shove after a couple of raises. SB calls, everyone else folds. We both flip over AA. Board comes out xxx, all clubs. I don't have a club, turn is red, river is a club. Started out thinking I was taking down a decent pot with no action to thinking I would chopping, to praying to any god that would listen that I didn't get pricked by the board. It was very early and I'd lost my entire roll for the night. That one still stings me.

How much RAM and storage is on the server farm supporting PCF?

This will shape how much I can share.

ps I own awfulriver.com

There is a very little difference between win and loose, victory and defeat, just a side you are on
Crushing card on the river is a ray of heavenly sunshine to your opponent
Jing/Jang, just cause to belive in higher force, Baby
The reason we belive in Great Gamble and Play

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom