Tourney Hand - Ready to invite me to your next game? (1 Viewer)

ngmcs8203

Flush
Reaction score
So I played in home game rebuy NLH tourney with some local PCFrs. I was dealing and this was the first hand right after the first break. All stacks and bets are estimated, the table was very limp/call happy except for the PCFrs at the table. I feel like I was playing pretty ABC through the first three rounds and a lot of pots were won with very middling hands (middle pair/weak kicker, ace high, etc.) or when someone bet big, cards generally hit the muck quickly. Maybe @esapigao and @Dread_Pirate_Roberts saw it different, but I felt like half of the table was overfolding a lot. SB had busted early in the tourney and used his rebuy at the last moment during the first break. @TheRealTeddyKGB spent most of the night at the nitty table (we had 5-6 bustouts before they had 1 in the middle rounds). @quintooo wishes he was there.

Round 4 - 100/200/200

Seat 8: Big Blind (25,000 in chips)
Seat 9: UTG (18,000 in chips)
Seat 1: UTG+1 (17,000 in chips)
Seat 2: @esapigao (30,000 in chips)
Seat 3: UTG+3 (22,000 in chips)
Seat 4: @Dread_Pirate_Roberts (35,000 in chips)
Seat 6: Dealer [ME] (23,000 in chips)
Seat 7: Small Blind (10,000 in chips)

Dealer [ME] : Cards dealt :ks: :js:

UTG : Bets 400
UTG+1 : Folds
@esapigao : Calls 400
UTG+3 : Folds
@Dread_Pirate_Roberts : Calls 400
Dealer [ME] : Raises 800 to 1200
Small Blind : Calls 1100
Big Blind : Calls 800
UTG: Calls 800
UTG+1 : Calls 800
@Dread_Pirate_Roberts : Calls 800

*** FLOP *** [:kc::jc::5c:]

Small Blind : Checks
Big Blind : Checks
UTG : Bets 1400
UTG+1 : Calls 1400
@esapigao : Calls 1400
UTG+3 : Folds
@Dread_Pirate_Roberts : Calls 1400
Dealer [ME] : Raises 6600 to 8000
SB : All-in(raise) 800 to 8800
Big Blind : All-in(raise) 15000 to 23800
UTG : Folds
UTG+1 : Folds
@esapigao : Folds
@Dread_Pirate_Roberts : Folds
Dealer [ME] : All-in 13800

I'll let y'all workout what the SB and BB had.

I guess I should state that I was close to folding, but I saw so many scary flops get turned into Ace high showdowns, that I ended up calling.

I'll PM you my address and let you know our next game time ;)

Over a min-raise open and two calls I'm either flatting or 3betting to ~2000 here first of all, your raise size just incentivizes everyone to come along.

I don't love this flop 6 ways. When UTG donk leads into you for 1/4 pot and gets 3 callers, I'm starting to worry already that somebody is slow playing the nut flush and I'm never raising- I'm hoping for a non club runout and cheap showdown or to boat up. When SB and BB check-jam over the bet and raise I'm probably folding unless I have some serious history or reads on the players.

I'll PM you my address and let you know our next game time ;)

Over a min-raise open and two calls I'm either flatting or 3betting to ~2000 here first of all, your raise size just incentivizes everyone to come along.

I don't love this flop 6 ways. When UTG donk leads into you for 1/4 pot and gets 3 callers, I'm starting to worry already that somebody is slow playing the nut flush and I'm never raising- I'm hoping for a non club runout and cheap showdown or to boat up. When SB and BB check-jam over the bet and raise I'm probably folding unless I have some serious history or reads on the players.
+1

It’s a bit far, but you’re welcome over here as well @ngmcs8203 ;)

So after 2hrs of not getting paid off with flopped sets, AA, KK, flushes I was finally excited to see some action. This is where I should have thought ‘heads-up let’s gamble, fold to a multi-way pot’.

While I put 1200 as my PFR in this post, that is out of character for me. I usually make it a 2.5-3.5x plus 1 more for each limper. At least that’s for cash games. It’s been a long time since I played in a tournament.

Anyway, my flop raise was really to push out any weak draws or possibly some small sets who were afraid of the flop.

I wasn’t really concerned with the small blind since I thought he was tilting from earlier still. My alarm bells should have gone off when the BB shoved.

SB - :ac::tc:
BB - :9c::7c:

I should have been concerned with both…

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom