What's your least favorite Hold'em hand? (2 Viewers)

3ars

High Hand
Reaction score
We all now that statistically 7/2 O is the worst hand in the game. But something about J/4 O makes me want throw up even more whenever I see them. The 4 especially irks me because my eyes always see an ace for a split second before reality hits me. J/4 O is like having a rug pulled from under me. Are there any hands you guys hate seeing more than 7/2 O?

Pretty much anything that isn't either suited, paired, connected, semi-connected, and/or total 19+.

20240202_012240.jpg

Pretty much anything that isn't either suited, paired, connected, semi-connected, and/or total 19+.
It's a boring answer, but me too. J6o and 84o are about equally appealing. It's going in the muck either way.

thats actually my lucky hand. I've inexplicably won more hands than I should have with this hand. The poker gods smile upon this hand with me

And I'm the opposite. I hate 10-3; I swear I get much more than is statistically possible

Since others have mentioned them, I’ll set aside the obviously crappy bottom 5% hands like 83o, 92o, etc.

Those hands suck, but I’m almost never going to get into a situation where they can cost me real money. I’m just folding them pre-, and never seeing a flop with them, unless I’m in the big blind and nobody raises. I’m not getting stacked with 72o.

So those hands are annoying, but actually kind of harmless, especially in cash.

The hands I hate are the ones which look vaguely promising but have lots of reverse implied odds… hands which, even when I make top pair, let alone a straight or a flush, I still might not have the best of it but feel obliged to bet/sigh call several streets.

These hands also create situations where the odds say, “Keep chasing the draw!” that seldom pays off.

Stuff like Jd8d. Flop comes J9d5… Hey, I’ve got top pair and some backdoors! But I’m way behind JT/QJ/KJ/AJ… 99… 55… If the T comes I am losing to KQ and Q8… Or if it goes runner runner flush, I may pay off higher flushes... In short there are lots of runouts which look promising but cost a lot.

Some of the low/mid suited collectors, same thing. 65s looks so pretty and I’ve won some nice pots with it. But actually it misses a ton, and I feel like it loses to better combos a lot even when it hits. Or you make a junky pair and still have to fold to most any bet.

Last edited:
Q7 is a piece of shit hand. I'll open fold it even in the BB when they limp to me. Happened twice where I got a walk, hit trips and lost on the kicker to the case Queen. Q7 is worse than cutting my fingernails too short.

We all now that statistically 7/2 O is the worst hand in the game. But something about J/4 O makes me want throw up even more whenever I see them. The 4 especially irks me because my eyes always see an ace for a split second before reality hits me. J/4 O is like having a rug pulled from under me. Are there any hands you guys hate seeing more than 7/2 O?
It has been argued that 32 off suit is actually the worst hand since the common winning hand in poker tends to be two pair.

Either 105o or J4o... those hands suck ASS!!

Last weekend a non PCF dude, @DarkHelmet55 and myself kept trying to win with the Dirty Diaper (23o) I had it 4 times in a row and hit the 3 every single time (but didnt win)! So I am thinking we need a 23o bounty in our league.... playing the duece seven game is soo 2022.

But for the record had a blast playing it @Irish Meet up 2 years ago with @CantSpellPoker and @72o ... poor Randy to the right here (is Randy even on the forum) was in between Me, AL and Luke playing that stupid crap for hours!
16235389699578284472438841322636.jpg

For the record drawing a seat next to @72o For the main event may be the high point of my 30 year poker career (literally had a blast at that damn table)

Anyways after sneaking the ole 27o through on each other several times, somehow the 3 of us idiots make the final table. I am 3 seat and UTG first hand... I look down and what do you know 72o... worst position ever to sneak this one through... but I raised big, it folded back to me "pay me bitches!!" Freaking first hand if the final table at a meet up!

20210612_195648-1.jpg

Next hand I am BB and Nelson (teal shirt to my left @Phish1321 ) is UTG. He raises folds back to me and I have AA... I shove he calls with some BS and cracks my Aces. I now don't even have one big left and I am SB 3rd hand... folds to the blinds and Nelson pulls his change back and turns over 72o, caught the 2 and knocked me out 3rd hand of the final table! Luckily he wasn't in the 72o game!

TLDR/ Karma is a bitch! Don't be playing the 72o game at a final table with the master @72o

Either 105o or J4o... those hands suck ASS!!

Last weekend a non PCF dude, @DarkHelmet55 and myself kept trying to win with the Dirty Diaper (23o) I had it 4 times in a row and hit the 3 every single time (but didnt win)! So I am thinking we need a 23o bounty in our league.... playing the duece seven game is soo 2022.

But for the record had a blast playing it @Irish Meet up 2 years ago with @CantSpellPoker and @72o ... poor Randy to the right here (is Randy even on the forum) was in between Me, AL and Luke playing that stupid crap for hours!
View attachment 1266073
For the record drawing a seat next to @72o For the main event may be the high point of my 30 year poker career (literally had a blast at that damn table)

Anyways after sneaking the ole 27o through on each other several times, somehow the 3 of us idiots make the final table. I am 3 seat and UTG first hand... I look down and what do you know 72o... worst position ever to sneak this one through... but I raised big, it folded back to me "pay me bitches!!" Freaking first hand if the final table at a meet up!

View attachment 1266074
Next hand I am BB and Nelson (teal shirt to my left @Phish1321 ) is UTG. He raises folds back to me and I have AA... I shove he calls with some BS and cracks my Aces. I now don't even have one big left and I am SB 3rd hand... folds to the blinds and Nelson pulls his change back and turns over 72o, caught the 2 and knocked me out 3rd hand of the final table! Luckily he wasn't in the 72o game!

TLDR/ Karma is a bitch! Don't be playing the 72o game at a final table with the master @72o
Love the setup, and love the MMA in the background

Wasn’t it something like 62o is the worst heads up and 72o is the worst multiway?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom