Who's Playing Balatro? (1 Viewer)

HeyItsKabes

Waiting List
Reaction score
I don't have a sense of if PCF has a big number of people in the middle of the Venn Diagram between "poker" and "video games"

Balatro is a new poker, deck-building, rougelike video game on all the major consoles. I just sunk like 6 hours in my first playthrough and had to pry myself away from it to get anything of value done.

It's kind of like video poker. You have a certain number of hands to accumulate a specified number of chips to move to the next level. There's also currency that you can use to buy new cards for your deck, upgrade cards, get wacky rules-changing jokers, and tarot cards too. Bosses put special variants on the game (like no diamonds, or, only one type of hand can be played). And you can start each round with different decks that have unique skills/abilities.

I can't be the only one instantly obsessed with this game, right?

I saw tons of praise for it and just downloaded it now. Will try it whenever I can later on.

Nice, it finally came out. Can't wait to try the new decks and jokers.

Too addicting for me. Got reports I need to complete, but just one more run.

Think I have all the decks unlocked, just reached gold stake (blue deck), but it's kicking my butt.

I don't have a sense of if PCF has a big number of people in the middle of the Venn Diagram between "poker" and "video games"

Balatro is a new poker, deck-building, rougelike video game on all the major consoles. I just sunk like 6 hours in my first playthrough and had to pry myself away from it to get anything of value done.

It's kind of like video poker. You have a certain number of hands to accumulate a specified number of chips to move to the next level. There's also currency that you can use to buy new cards for your deck, upgrade cards, get wacky rules-changing jokers, and tarot cards too. Bosses put special variants on the game (like no diamonds, or, only one type of hand can be played). And you can start each round with different decks that have unique skills/abilities.

I can't be the only one instantly obsessed with this game, right?
I got the demo last year and have the full game now. Super fun!

Hit my first deck that reached e10+ scores Got a Triboulet on ante 2, copied it with a spectral pack, then got a brainstorm for 3 copies. Fun game, only have 4 or 5 jokers left to unlock. Only beaten gold on abandoned deck.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom