Craps Game with Friends (1 Viewer)

tito5063

Waiting List
Reaction score
My friends and I enjoy playing craps. So far we have only really played for fun, but everyone seems to be open to gambling a little bit of money ($20-$50). I have some seen ideas on here about how you can essentially 10x your buy in in chips (ex. $20 gets you $200 in chips). That seems to make sense, but how would the house or banker work in that scenario. Particularly if someone gets hot and starts making a lot of money?

I've also seen ideas to do it tournament style where there is a flat buy-in and you get a set number of chips, and play for a certain length of time or number of shooters.

Any other ideas for a low risk craps game with friends?

Well, you could define a set limit of chips the banker has. It's a little work, but cap any bets at less than the bank has. For example, if the bank has $200 and someone wants a single roll 12 bet (x36 odds of you're playing even) They can't bet more than $5, because $6 would be a $216 payout.

Of course that's a mess to track with multiple people betting at the same time. Maybe just set a stop loss for the bank where the game will end, and don't allow super high payout bets.

Here’s an idea I toyed with. At the beginning of the night give everyone a chance to buy into the house bank. That way they can share in the house money, win or lose. Then you also have your individual rolls and bets throughout the night. If the bank goes bust, party over or it can be restocked if people want to fund it again. Only have the funded amount of chips on the table available for purchase and play. Buy in to the bank should be equal shares or multiples so cash out is easy at the end of the night.

Last edited:
Well, you could define a set limit of chips the banker has. It's a little work, but cap any bets at less than the bank has. For example, if the bank has $200 and someone wants a single roll 12 bet (x36 odds of you're playing even) They can't bet more than $5, because $6 would be a $216 payout.

Of course that's a mess to track with multiple people betting at the same time. Maybe just set a stop loss for the bank where the game will end, and don't allow super high payout bets.
Not a bad idea, but it would be challenging to keep up with. Maybe not so bad on the "non-prop" bet where the odds aren't as long.

I’d treat it like a poker tournament.
Everyone buys in for $x. For example, six players buy in for $20 each, yielding a jackpot of $120 that one person can win.
Give every player a fixed and equal amount of chips. Quantity and value can be your choice. Just make sure the house has enough chips to pay out winners accordingly.
Everyone places bets, wins, and loses accordingly.
You have to pick a stopping point, maybe this is when someone goes bust or a time limit or # of throws. But there should be a defined end point.
Ultimately you will have everyone count their winnings (or losings) and the person with the most winnings gets the jackpot ($120) from the buy in. Or give percentages out to 1st, 2nd, 3rd. The person representing the house can play like a regular player too.

I’d treat it like a poker tournament.
Everyone buys in for $x. For example, six players buy in for $20 each, yielding a jackpot of $120 that one person can win.
Give every player a fixed and equal amount of chips. Quantity and value can be your choice. Just make sure the house has enough chips to pay out winners accordingly.
Everyone places bets, wins, and loses accordingly.
You have to pick a stopping point, maybe this is when someone goes bust or a time limit or # of throws. But there should be a defined end point.
Ultimately you will have everyone count their winnings (or losings) and the person with the most winnings gets the jackpot ($120) from the buy in. Or give percentages out to 1st, 2nd, 3rd. The person representing the house can play like a regular player too.
This sounds like a solid way to do it. Probably the easiest to mange all things considered.

Exactly. You are still gambling with fake money on the table itself. But everyone is deciding on their own type and value of the bets. And you are all still taking similar chances. If you play the game well, the house will pay you well with fake money.

Only downside I can see is if everyone bets the exact same way every time. But I don't think that is very realistic. Someone is going to “WANT” that $120 pot and will take a chance on a different bet/payout on the table. There are a lot of options to bet on as I recall.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom