- Jul 13, 2017
- Reaction score
- Aurora, IL
I prefer to call them "carnival games". There is a certain amount of skill and dignity associated with the circus, at least in my mind. The carnival on the other hand has rigged games and rickety rides which is what some of the games we play are, rigged and rickety.
Anyway, here are 5 games that I've taken a liking to because they haven't descended past the first or second level of poker perversion like some others have.
1. Shuck - pretty tame when played limit. If you want to walk on the wild side play pot limit.
2. Studugi - just about the only version of badugi I can tolerate.
3. Irish Hold 'Em - I hosted an Irish tournament for St. Pat's day. It was a lot of fun. Do you keep the made hand or play to the draw?
4. Drawmaha - 2 card or 3 card determined by number of players.
5. Oklahoma - this one is polarizing. How could you play a game where your hand is completely obliterated on the river? How could you not?
A couple of games that are guaranteed to make me cuss......
Scarney - any version. Really don't like that game.
Banko - ditto.
I'm hosting a game tomorrow with some regulars and planning to introduce Short Deck Hold 'Em. I've been interested in that variant. We'll see how it goes.