Your BEST 6 PL circus game rotation? (2 Viewers)

I'd go with this line up:

1) BigO-Tahoe aka Tahoe hi/lo (no draw, low or high can be in your hand or on board. 8 qualifier, more pain more gain)((and yes I know others have other names for this...what eva))

2) Archie. - 3 draw rounds, 99+ qualifier hi and 8 qualifier for low, NO BOARD. probably my new favorite degen game. Most dangerous game of them all. And who Is Archie anyway? I am afraid to meet them.

3) Derailment - a twist on the classic Gods Game. Much pain. 3 boards. Lowest river card of the 3 gets that board removed.

4) Draw2maha - kept at draw 2, keeps some donkeys from losing their ass. Highest 5 in hand and highest Omaha hand chop.

5) Doubleboard 5 card - Gods game, nuff said.

6) Dramaha49 - Torn between this and dramaha Low. a coin flip. Omaha hIgh hand and highest pips in hole hand. four tens and a 9 is the nut high. hence 49

6+1) Scarney. - Icelandic rules. Lose all your cards. GTFO ! And normal Scary too. LOL 6 in hand.
I put as 6+1 because it doesn't have to get called. can be thrown in anywhere. Shouldn't be played after 1am when everyones drunk.

IN

Can someone explain BigO-Tahoe? Is it related to Tahoe Pitch and Roll, or is it just Big O but with 6 hole cards, or something else?

Not sure what my list would be, but probably Scrotum has to be on there.

My group of defense also likes to play Elevator, first as a joke, then we started going to it more. Four two-card rows, so each row is a “floor”, and 1 elevator card to the side. Bet then flip a floor, repeat, elevator is flipped last. Can play a floor w/3 hole cards, floor+elevator w/2 hole cards, or all 5 cards in hand. Cannot play a vertical column of 4 cards.

Can someone explain BigO-Tahoe? Is it related to Tahoe Pitch and Roll, or is it just Big O but with 6 hole cards, or something else?

Not sure what my list would be, but probably Scrotum has to be on there.

My group of defense also likes to play Elevator, first as a joke, then we started going to it more. Four two-card rows, so each row is a “floor”, and 1 elevator card to the side. Bet then flip a floor, repeat, elevator is flipped last. Can play a floor w/3 hole cards, floor+elevator w/2 hole cards, or all 5 cards in hand. Cannot play a vertical column of 4 cards.

I may have named it wrong. Also known as Tahoe hi/lo. And can be played with a draw

It’s BigO. ( PLO8 but with 5 cards)

Split pot between best Omaha hi hand and the low 8 qualifier.
With Tahoe you may have a better low or hi. Hidden in your 5 hole cards which if it’s the better low or hi. Wins.

I think some call this game 2 or 5. Because you can play 2 cards or 5 cards from your hand

Thanks for the explanation @MatB! Yeah I think in @abby99’s mixed game resource it’s called 2 or 5 Omaha. I actually came up with the same concept but I had called it No Dramaha or No Drawmaha.

God's game
Draw2maha
Scarney (Icelandic)
Omajack
Scrotum8
Double board max hi-lo

I would be happiest just playing the first 3 in rotation :)

There’s a giant pipe in the ole rectum. You’ll be seeing Leonard after that hand.

I am a "Number 1" doctor and that is definitely a "Number 2" problem.

Scarney - Icelandic
God's Game
Draw2maha
Archie (new to me but I really like it so far)
Big Easy (6 card O8) or Big ) if 8 players - not the version where you can play 5.

Not sure on the sixth. Derailment has some appeal. I'm neutral on Dramaha 49.

God's game
Draw2maha
Scarney (Icelandic)
Omajack
Scrotum8
Double board max hi-lo

I would be happiest just playing the first 3 in rotation :)

max hi-lo? is that best hi or low anywhere?

4 card PLO high only but the two hole cards NOT making the best Omaha hands are a blackjack hand.

Never played this. Will try it at least once.

Give me your BEST 6 circus games.

Has to be PL and split pot.

What are you playing?

I'd go with this line up:

1) BigO-Tahoe aka Tahoe hi/lo aka ‘2or5’ (no draw, low or high can be in your hand or on board. 8 qualifier, more pain more gain)((and yes I know others have other names for this...what eva))

2) Archie. - 3 draw rounds, 99+ qualifier hi and 8 qualifier for low, NO BOARD. probably my new favorite degen game. Most dangerous game of them all. And who Is Archie anyway? I am afraid to meet them.

3) Derailment - a twist on the classic Gods Game. Much pain. 3 boards. Lowest river card of the 3 gets that board removed.

4) Draw2maha - kept at draw 2, keeps some donkeys from losing their ass. Highest 5 in hand and highest Omaha hand chop.

5) Doubleboard 5 card - Gods game, nuff said.

6) Dramaha49 - Torn between this and dramaha Low. a coin flip. Omaha hIgh hand and highest pips in hole hand. four tens and a 9 is the nut high. hence 49

6+1) Scarney. - Icelandic rules. Lose all your cards. GTFO ! And normal Scary too. LOL 6 in hand.
I put as 6+1 because it doesn't have to get called. can be thrown in anywhere. Shouldn't be played after 1am when everyones drunk.

Were pretty close.

I would replace #1 with standard 5 card PLO8

#3 with Deuce - Seven triple Draw

max hi-lo? is that best hi or low anywhere?
One group I play with loves double board games but my regular group doesn’t, especially for hi-lo, with splitting the pot at least 4 ways.

So we’ll sometimes do best high/low overall wins on a double board, so we only have to split the pot 2 ways (unless someone gets quartered). I’m assuming that’s what max hi-lo is.

One group I play with loves double board games but my regular group doesn’t, especially for hi-lo, with splitting the pot at least 4 ways.

So we’ll sometimes do best high/low overall wins on a double board, so we only have to split the pot 2 ways (unless someone gets quartered). I’m assuming that’s what max hi-lo is.

Oh for sure. No 4 way split. Best low and best hi. Only

Our go-to atm:
Everybody is free to call a double board bomb pot as he deals, which of course everybody does, so its dbbp every second hand, i.e. everybody always deals twice in a row. Most used for bomb pots is Tahoe (which for us is: standard 5-card omaha, but you can play all 5 cards in your hand too) or Omaha, but you‘re free to choose super hold em or crazy pineapple as well. Or, which is totally rare, NLH.

Most played atm:
- Shemaha, you divide 7 card into 4 for omaha and 3 for super hold em
- thx to @Ben8257 and @FordPickup92 Scarney is now number 2
- close call betwenn SOHE and Drawmaha (also pretty new, see above)
- classic courchevel, which is 5 card omaha hi/lo, but you put the first card of the flop face up right when dealing
All of those NoLimit, somehow nobody here wants to play PL whatsoever (you could choose if you want to)

We played a lot of murder Scarney at DiD and it felt like an action killer. We often had a 1 or 2 card board and there was a clear low and clear high and 2 players and small pots.

What is ultimate Omaha?
double board hi/lo best high best low. Takes so long to say it is better to call it Ultimate Omaha.

Ultimate Omaha!

We call it SOSHE
We played it by accident with @cosmokramer in Vegas so we just adopted "shemaha" obviously this one is restrictive with 7.cards. you can only play it 6 handed but hell of a good "action" game! One of those I would put in the extremely dangerous for "new to circus games players" along with "scrotum 8" expect to play for stacks every hand in both of these games, even pot limit.

To me the best circus games are ones that are guaranteed (no qualifier) to split the pot - this encourages taking flops and post flop play, which is the whole point. Also games where the starters don't overly dominate play (so this means Scrotum is out - played correctly games like this will only be low action hands and/or massive coolers).

We've tweaked my game's rotation over the years and this is the mix I've more or less settled on - slots are types of games versus specific games which allows some variety.

A split pot Omaha game - either 5 card hi-lo or 5 card double board high only - just learned derailment at DiD2 and this may get added to this mix
A dramaha variant - prefer 49, followed by a lowball variant - 'base' dramaha a distant last for me
Scarney (icelandic or canadian, just not 'american' or 'base' version scarney)
A draw game (Lowball triple draw or Archie)
A split hand game (SOHE, SHESHE, etc.)

I agree. To be full ‘circus’, split pots is a must.

But I’m ok with qualifiers.

My ideal mix is Derailment, Route 66 (Drawmaha with 6 card board and 6 card hand), Dramaha 49 (draw up to 3), and Super Big O (6 card board, 6 card hand, hi/lo 8 or better qualifier). Every other orbit throw in Scarney (traditional style).

In shorthand - Derailment - 66 - 49 - Super Big O

God that sounds like fun. Multiple board game, 2 draw games, and a hi/lo single board game - all with degen heavy twists.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom