Are PNY’s the holy grail of chips (8 Viewers)

Dibs! PM sent. :p

Seriously though... those $1s on the CPC set blow my mind whenever I see them. So well done.
They came out so much better then even i expected. I thought the fives would be the hit, but the ones kinda took over as the fave.

I have always wanted a set of PNYs. I grew up in NYC, so the theme has a much stronger appeal to me than quite a few of my sets. I would happily trade my Jack's or Terrible's to land a nice PNY set.

That set on eBay has been there for literally years, and with very good reason.

I think the PNY chips are pretty cool. I'm not a huge fan og oversized inlays in general, but I like these and the vineyards. I'm patiently waiting for a small set of these actually, and I'm pretty excited about getting them.

Definitely not grail for me though.

Any chip with a photograph label/inlay is a NO-GO for me.:vomit:

Other than that, and since @Josh Kifer wants to derail, I can follow suit:
Horseshoe_4110.jpg
ATHENIAN_OWL_CLUB_0320.jpg
ATHENIAN_OWL_CLUB_0325.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah PNY are ugly! I can help you if you want to give them...
Just Private message and I will Save you from abomination!
;)

Had a set of PNYs when they were unearthed and everyone went crazy for them. Mint Paulsons... what's not to like?

Well, after you have them you in hand to closely inspect you start noticing the warts.

Inlay design is kinda ass. Denom size and placement are all over the place.

The giant inlay makes handling pretty crappy. Stacks are slippery and don't handle great.

I guess beauty (of chips) is in the eye of the beholder.

Had a set of PNYs when they were unearthed and everyone went crazy for them. Mint Paulsons... what's not to like?

Well, after you have them you in hand to closely inspect you start noticing the warts.

Inlay design is kinda ass. Denom size and placement are all over the place.

The giant inlay makes handling pretty crappy. Stacks are slippery and don't handle great.

I guess beauty (of chips) is in the eye of the beholder.

I was also in on the original order, and I kept them for a while but when their value doubled or tripled I sold them all - they were awesome cause they were brand new Paulsons like you said, but I didn't love the design. I kept my Paulson Pharaoh's, I like those better, but now they're nutty value too.

Grail? I don't think so. Fricken sweet!!!! Hell yes!

View attachment 660342View attachment 660343
Those $20 are just too sweet. Insane color . But inlays I don’t know. I were a favorite of pnys and still am. But the prices are just ridiculous, it’s like a beautiful woman with a shitty personality. The prices makes the PNY not attractive anymore

Those $20 are just too sweet. Insane color . But inlays I don’t know. I were a favorite of pnys and still am. But the prices are just ridiculous, it’s like a beautiful woman with a shitty personality. The prices makes the PNY not attractive anymore

I want to say I agree. Apparently I don't lol

I want to say I agree. Apparently I don't lol
Hahah that’s fine bill. If I had the funds I would have gotten some $20 and $500. However these are crazy high. This set I have here will go to a French member who I collected it for him

still have 1 more rack of primary $25 to add for him that’s on its way
5FD8ED64-DCB9-4ED4-AE2F-16C8672FE217.jpeg

Is it just me or does the word "grail" get thrown around way too haphazardly?
Not just you. It happens in every hobby. I’ll see people post general release sneakers that came out 2 months ago and say “finally got my grails” haha.

They're a fairly polarizing set. People seem to either love them or hate them. For my tastes, it doesn't get much worse than PNYs. But they certainly have their fan club. However, if broad consensus matters with respect to calling something a "grail set" from the hobby perspective at large, then PNYs aren't even in the conversation.

I mean this with all due respect for PNY owners, and I think the colors used are fantastic, but I can't get passed the giant photo inlay. The two things I hate the most in a chip inlay, oversized and a photo. I tried to like them, but they are a no go for me, same with the crystal parks. I have owned both and just could not get over the giant inlay, had to sell them both. I am glad people like them, keeps y'all away from chips I like.

Can you imagine how sick the PNY set would be on a THC mold with the same colors, same spots, no photo, normal size inlay. Now that would be a grail set for sure. Could have been one of the best sets ever made but they dropped the ball on breaking the two most sacred of rules, no giant inlay and no photos on the label. My 2c

I mean this with all due respect for PNY owners, and I think the colors used are fantastic, but I can't get passed the giant photo inlay. The two things I hate the most in a chip inlay, oversized and a photo. I tried to like them, but they are a no go for me, same with the crystal parks. I have owned both and just could not get over the giant inlay, had to sell them both. I am glad people like them, keeps y'all away from chips I like.

Can you imagine how sick the PNY set would be on a THC mold with the same colors, same spots, no photo, normal size inlay. Now that would be a grail set for sure. Could have been one of the best sets ever made but they dropped the ball on breaking the two most sacred of rules, no giant inlay and no photos on the label. My 2c

Good thing we all don't like the same thing. I couldn't disagree more on pretty much everything that you posted.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom