Are PNY’s the holy grail of chips (1 Viewer)

I'm going to be honest, when I joined about 9 months ago, I really didn't like the look of the PNYs. I think it was a combination of the oversized inlay and the general inlay design. Honestly, they've really grown on me (not that I have any of my own), but I definitely appreciate them alot more.

I see these sets going for $10,000 for 800 chips.
Is that the ask or the sale price? I’ve seen 1 or 2 sets on eBay asking crazy prices but I wouldn’t say they represent the true market value of those sets. My guess iirc is it’s likely less than half of their asking price. Lots of people really like them but I don’t think a majority of members would use the term “grail” to describe them.

1613013003340.png

Those asking prices aren't realistic. PNYs are nice chips--I love my set--but $10k is just silly.

I quite like the PNY chips - personally, the photo inlays are a plus for me, but maybe that's just because I absolutely LOVE New York City. The fact that they're RHC however is a minus.

Would I personally buy a set? Yes. Would I call it a grail set? Not in a million years.

Also, holy jeebus @Oggy! Why the heck do you need SIX whole racks of $25s! :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

PNY’s are for me quite a grail set. I’m building now a set , I gave up when it looked hard to find $5s and $1s but I can source them now and continue.
they feel incredible and I like the design , but the beauty is always in the eye of the beholder. I can find these chips attractive while some won’t bother getting these. the $1000 chip is crazy , so is the $20 and the $500 primary. Vineyards are also very very nice , but these are hard to come by. But I like the $100 8 spot chip A LOT

I love'em and it's the only set I regret letting go, but I did swap them for an awesome poker table. I've had the $1k primary as my desktop background for probably a decade now. I considered building a 5/5 cash game set with them, but with the massive (in my world) HSI set I bought and my custom CPCs, I stayed strong.
I guess my grail set is the Ritz which I still have and use from time to time.

I currently own my third PNY set. I am always "between two chairs" regarding to these chips.
I love the sound (they really sound great), the theme and the theme including edge spots.
That major disadvantage to me is the fact, that the inlay pictures could be easily better (instead of the $1,$2.5, $20, $500 and 1k chip).

3A106774-5FAE-412C-A03E-613986D1B175.jpeg

I really like the PNYs. One of my favorite sets. I’m partial to NYC and I don’t mind the large inlays. They are mine Pauksons that have a personal appeal in a large playable set.

I honestly don’t know what a grail set would be for me. Personalized Paulsons? A large set of Wynn or bellagio chips? Hard to say. I’m not currently shopping got more chips.

I love the giant inlays and for both Ritz, PNY and one more I can't remember, they were the nuts. I guess that's because they were one of the few available at the time. However, I don't like giant inlays in general as they're usually utilized quite poorly. I especially don't like the $5 or something with giant inlay and normal on the rest, but as far as I've seen, that's only for some special editions of the chips and not a general desig choice.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom