Anyone trying to get new Nvidia 3000 Series RTX Graphics Cards? (4 Viewers)

378A2E3F-8C30-4333-9046-DDFA01CE391C.jpeg

9B1384ED-E916-470C-A0FF-E5BF6CB39EE8.jpeg

I really don’t understand this thread. You complain about scalper bots buying out stock then you buy out stock you don’t need and sell it over cost. How is that any better?

I really don’t understand this thread. You complain about scalper bots buying out stock then you buy out stock you don’t need and sell it over cost. How is that any better?
to my understanding he has pretty much been offering them at approx MSRP + Tax?

If you know where you can buy this stuff enough below his price to matter please TELL THE ENTIRE WORLD EVERYONE WANTS THIS

I've been providing it to folks in this community and local friends at essentially my cost (msrp + tax + shipping)

Anything I couldn't sell to friends I put up on eBay, Facebook Marketplace and/or Craigslist, but tried to provide to people I know at MSRP first because I understand how hard it's been to obtain these.

Just picked up an MSI 3080 Suprim X. More than I wanted to spend but when it comes to 3080s you pretty much have to jump on whatever is available. Who would have thought it would be so hard to spend money?

Just picked up an MSI 3080 Suprim X. More than I wanted to spend but when it comes to 3080s you pretty much have to jump on whatever is available. Who would have thought it would be so hard to spend money?

Only thing I dislike is I feel the 3070 and 3080 models should have come with more VRAM.

Only thing I dislike is I feel the 3070 and 3080 models should have come with more VRAM.
Yeah, totally agree. I think 3070 should have come with at least 12 and the 3080 should have been at 16. I've read the 3080ti may be released with 20 - but that's probably going to clock in at a price near 3090 level.

That's because foreigners lack the entreprenurial spirit of American scalpers, plus paying 70% of your income as taxes doesn't leave much in the way of discretionary spending, but hey, fantastic chocolates!

USA USA USA!!!
You left out frites, cobbled classics, sprouts, and a place that takes care of everyone. Go BE!

Yeah, totally agree. I think 3070 should have come with at least 12 and the 3080 should have been at 16. I've read the 3080ti may be released with 20 - but that's probably going to clock in at a price near 3090 level.

Allegedely the 3080 Ti was going to be an MSRP of $999 to compete with AMD's card

But with all the scalping and shortages they'll be selling for much higher

You're in luck! I had sold one from EVGA to Irish but just the other day got notification I was up in the queu for a different 3070 model

Supposed to arrive Jan 5th, shoot me a PM and I'll hold it for you
You squacking about this makes me want to build a system again. It's been 20 years tho. And I don't game. So.... What the f man.

You squacking about this makes me want to build a system again. It's been 20 years tho. And I don't game. So.... What the f man.
Well Storage and Ram are dirt cheap at the moment! Cards are the most expensive part so if you want a blazing fast PC I really do think now is a good time.

You can get a 9700k for $220 from Microcenter. 16 GB ram for like $80, 1 TB SSD for $100.

So $600-700ish for an obscenely powerful PC right now

Well Storage and Ram are dirt cheap at the moment! Cards are the most expensive part so if you want a blazing fast PC I really do think now is a good time.
Oh, I'm shocked how cheap prices are. I should just buy a prebuilt, as my last build I did in 2006 just never ran quite right. So obviously I did something stupid.

Oh, I'm shocked how cheap prices are. I should just buy a prebuilt, as my last build I did in 2006 just never ran quite right. So obviously I did something stupid.
I would just fire up the NewEgg instructional videos and use https://pcpartpicker.com/

It's fun to build :) , adult legos as someone aptly put it.

https://www.microcenter.com/product/627304/powerspec-b745-desktop-computer

This one is actually pretty good from a price : parts cost, especially if you don't have access to a windows license. The issue is I generally prefer a better rated power supply than the ones that come in pre-builts.

This one also isn't too bad.

https://www.microcenter.com/product/612000/powerspec-b677-desktop-computer

Last edited:
I am not going to bad mouth prebuilt systems, I will just say that I will never own. If you want to build and are afraid of f'ing something up, PM me and I can make you a shopping list. Once parts arrive I will PM you my home number and talk you through it. Trust me it is much easier than you think.

Prebuilts usually have terrible motherboards, ram and power supplies

But try to sell themselves with a sexy graphics card and a decent cpu, maybe a cool case and lights

But ultimately they cheap out on the most important parts

I am not going to bad mouth prebuilt systems, I will just say that I will never own. If you want to build and are afraid of f'ing something up, PM me and I can make you a shopping list. Once parts arrive I will PM you my home number and talk you through it. Trust me it is much easier than you think.
How many dollary-doos would be needed to facilitate this with parts n things to snap together?

That all depends on what all you want it to be able to do. A basic internet facebook Twitter machine can probably be done around 400. A hyper performance monster that would put NASA to shame is about 4000. I need to need to know what all you want (gaming, video editing, desired display rate and quality) and how long you want it to be relevant

You can build a solid system under 1k, depends on your needs
Basic gaming? I used to counter strike n guild wars. But doubt it would be too out there. I would guess any basic dedicated GFX card would handle my needs.

Basic gaming? I used to counter strike n guild wars. But doubt it would be too out there. I would guess any basic dedicated GFX card would handle my needs.

If you are gaming at 1080p yeah, get a card with 6-8gb of ram and a 6-8 core cpu, 16gb of ram and I highly recommend m.2 SSDs they are so fast

Will try to slap a list together sunday for ya

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom