Anyone trying to get new Nvidia 3000 Series RTX Graphics Cards? (3 Viewers)

I managed to snag an Asus RTX 3060 Ti Tuf OC 3-fan Edition in a Newegg shuffle. They're going for $850 on eBay currently. I'll offer it up to a forum member in the U.S. for $750 (including shipping) if someone is looking.

asus1.jpg

asus2.jpg

Ridiculous that after all this time, these cards are still so hard to get.
There is a huge chip shortage in general
Cars and everything

ETH is moving to proof of stake slowly so the demand for GPUs may go down

That is crazy though to think a GPU is selling for about what I used to pay to build something middle of the road 15 years ago

There is a huge chip shortage in general
Cars and everything

ETH is moving to proof of stake slowly so the demand for GPUs may go down

That is crazy though to think a GPU is selling for about what I used to pay to build something middle of the road 15 years ago
Yep, that all checks out lol

This is a mid-tier GPU too, it's not the top of the line. There's still the 3070, 3070 Ti, 3080, 3080 Ti and 3090 above it!

Nvidia was really weird with their gpu's this time around. My PC has the RTX 3070 with 8GB of VRAM. But then the base RTX 3060 has 12GB of VRAM but loses out to the 3060 Ti which only has 8GB as well, but is faster (i.e. some folks might get fooled into seeing more memory on a GPU and think it's better, but if that memory is slower it's really not and you won't get as many frames per second out of the card, so it was an odd decision for sure)

This is a mid-tier GPU too, it's not the top of the line. There's still the 3070, 3070 Ti, 3080, 3080 Ti and 3090 above it!

Nvidia was really weird with their gpu's this time around. My PC has the RTX 3070 with 8GB of VRAM. But then the base RTX 3060 has 12GB of VRAM but loses out to the 3060 Ti which only has 8GB as well, but is faster (i.e. some folks might get fooled into seeing more memory on a GPU and think it's better, but if that memory is slower it's really not and you won't get as many frames per second out of the card, so it was an odd decision for sure)
They're trying to fill in those gaps between the AMD GPU's, which I'm sure you know. There's no doubt there's way to many variations of Nvidia GPU's.

They're trying to fill in those gaps between the AMD GPU's, which I'm sure you know. There's no doubt there's way to many variations of Nvidia GPU's.

There's no point, the AMD GPU's are harder to find than the Nvidia ones in my experience (I haven't managed to snag a single one)

I’ve got my 2080 ti and that’s good enough for my 1080p gaming, for now at least

Yeah, I wouldn't upgrade from that either right now. My wife was on a GTX 1060 6GB and I was on a GTX 1080 8GB so the move to the 3070's when we built our new PC's last December was worth it, since I'm on a 34" 144hz monitor at 3440x1440 resolution

I’ve got my 2080 ti and that’s good enough for my 1080p gaming, for now at least
I'm still on my 1080ti, I'm hoping it holds out for another few years at 1440p (monitor) and 1080p (tv). Pretty sure the 2080ti will last for a while at 1080p. The higher you go in resolution the more GPU dependent you become, 1080p and a good processor and decent GPU you should be all set for a while.

Yeah, I wouldn't upgrade from that either right now. My wife was on a GTX 1060 6GB and I was on a GTX 1080 8GB so the move to the 3070's when we built our new PC's last December was worth it, since I'm on a 34" 144hz monitor at 3440x1440 resolution
Yup. Seems like the higher resolution you go the actual difference you’ll see in frames upgrading

We actually built new PC's because we were still on aging quad-core Intel 7600K's and they were struggling in some games.

I REALLY wanted to get the Ryzen 5900X but they were impossible to find so went with a 3900XT 12-core which really sped up video editing and handled gaming better as well. The wife got the Ryzen 5800x 8-core which is better than mine for gaming, but not as great on the video editing side.

We actually built new PC's because we were still on aging quad-core Intel 7600K's and they were struggling in some games.

I REALLY wanted to get the Ryzen 5900X but they were impossible to find so went with a 3900XT 12-core which really sped up video editing and handled gaming better as well. The wife got the Ryzen 5800x 8-core which is better than mine for gaming, but not as great on the video editing side.
Last December or January is when I decided to cough up the funds and buy a 5900x for $750 on eBay. Stupid money but I did it anyway. It's a really nice processor and I was able to finally run my RAM at it's rated 3600mhz. I couldn't do that previously on my 2800x. Very happy I splurged. The extra cores are nice for video rendering.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom