Anyone trying to get new Nvidia 3000 Series RTX Graphics Cards? (3 Viewers)

Alright, slapped this together quick, includes a monitor, keyboard and mouse, usb wifi device and speakers with a subwoofer. Most of these are just base level stuff, upgrade as you see fit. Went with the 6-core Ryzen 3600 since it's not close enough in price to the 8-core 3700 model to jump up in price.

Also included a fully modular power supply, so you don't have as much cable mess because you're only attaching the cables you need. You can download Windows 10 installation from the Microsoft website and create a USB install on a spare USB drive you have. You should be able to find a windows 10 key on eBay for a lot cheaper than what Microsoft charges (if you need a key I might have a spare one kicking around I can send)

https://secure.newegg.com/wishlist/pd/34440952

No graphics card included, that 1070 for $150 is a GREAT deal and you'll get a ton of gaming out of that card at 1080p.

Also, didn't include any RAM, I have this set that came with a bundle I got that I haven't opened and I'm not using that you can just have if you want:

OLOy WarHawk RGB 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3600 (PC4 28800) Desktop Memory Model ND4U1636181DCWDX - Newegg.com

Just DM me the address to ship them to.

update: also forgot to mention some of these items are on promotions for the next 2-5 days so prices may jump up a bit on some of them
Whoa buddy I have personal experience with that particular USB WiFi dongle - it SSUUCCKKSSSSSSSSS :tdown: give me a minute I will find something better

That CPU should come with the Stealth Cooler and paste already applied can't hurt to have more though.

Alright, slapped this together quick, includes a monitor, keyboard and mouse, usb wifi device and speakers with a subwoofer. Most of these are just base level stuff, upgrade as you see fit. Went with the 6-core Ryzen 3600 since it's not close enough in price to the 8-core 3700 model to jump up in price.

Also included a fully modular power supply, so you don't have as much cable mess because you're only attaching the cables you need. You can download Windows 10 installation from the Microsoft website and create a USB install on a spare USB drive you have. You should be able to find a windows 10 key on eBay for a lot cheaper than what Microsoft charges (if you need a key I might have a spare one kicking around I can send)

https://secure.newegg.com/wishlist/pd/34440952

No graphics card included, that 1070 for $150 is a GREAT deal and you'll get a ton of gaming out of that card at 1080p.

Also, didn't include any RAM, I have this set that came with a bundle I got that I haven't opened and I'm not using that you can just have if you want:

OLOy WarHawk RGB 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3600 (PC4 28800) Desktop Memory Model ND4U1636181DCWDX - Newegg.com

Just DM me the address to ship them to.

update: also forgot to mention some of these items are on promotions for the next 2-5 days so prices may jump up a bit on some of them
Aight, so I'd be in around a grand? Find a graphics card and some Ram.

Aight, so I'd be in around a grand? Find a graphics card and some Ram.

The cooler that comes with the CPU will already have thermal paste on it

I def recommend the GTX 1070 offered to you for $150, you won't get that kinda power in that price range

And like I said, I have new RAM you can have, no charge. Just dm me where to ship

The cooler that comes with the CPU will already have thermal paste on it

I def recommend the GTX 1070 offered to you for $150, you won't get that kinda power in that price range

And like I said, I have new RAM you can have, no charge. Just dm me where to ship
I'm not good at reading words, you all know this. Deal. I'll PM ya

Anyone have any recommendations on how to score a 3060 ti from a legitimate reseller...outside of being REALLY lucky?
So I bought a 3080 which might be the hottest ticket for their cards and got it from FB marketplace with a lot of ease and only paid like $75 over retail. It was a $800 plus tax card and I got it for $950 with a free call of duty cold war key.

20210115_145326.jpg

So I bought a 3080 which might be the hottest ticket for their cards and got it from FB marketplace with a lot of ease and only paid like $75 over retail. It was a $800 plus tax card and I got it for $950 with a free call of duty cold war key.

View attachment 615368
Thanks, unfortunately I’m buying for my business and as much as I’d like to get it off eBay or Facebook marketplace, I really need to get it from a legit reseller in case anything goes wrong with it.
I see that 2nd hand market is huge, however.

I don't know of any second hand sellers that are going to give you a warranty. Most are just individual scalpers. Maybe eBay since they would refund you if ot was defective.

Anyone have any recommendations on how to score a 3060 ti from a legitimate reseller...outside of being REALLY lucky?

Best bet may be EVGA's que system. You signup for card(s) you want and they go in order of signups as they are available

You are given a unique email link good for 8 hours when you are up

I haven't tried in awhile, but Newegg bundles were how I got so lucky at first

Some retailers have instore waitlists. I'd call around to local computer shops. Getting one online is pure luck. You can follow Twitter bots that monitor online stock but still need to get lucky.

Have you found a card? There is an online Discord server that is ran by bots that will notify you of availability. I have used the Discord server to purchase a 3090, 3070, and 2 x 3060s. All of the cards I get are for friends that are building. I wanted a 3060, but could not procure it for my build, so I ended up with a 3070 in my rig. PM me for Discord server details, or I could post here if permitted.

Have you found a card? There is an online Discord server that is ran by bots that will notify you of availability. I have used the Discord server to purchase a 3090, 3070, and 2 x 3060s. All of the cards I get are for friends that are building. I wanted a 3060, but could not procure it for my build, so I ended up with a 3070 in my rig. PM me for Discord server details, or I could post here if permitted.
Still looking, PM sent. I’ll need my teenage son to help me on Discord. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

I wound up getting an email the other day from EVGA, guess I signed up for more cards awhile back cause I got my spot in line and managed to snag

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming 24GB

evga.jpg

Looks like these are selling for THREE GRAND on eBay right now, holy moly! Cost me close to 2K with taxes. Probably going to try and sell this one locally for $2,500. Gotta pay for my Dungeons & Dragons addiction somehow! :p

I wound up getting an email the other day from EVGA, guess I signed up for more cards awhile back cause I got my spot in line and managed to snag

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming 24GB

View attachment 650274

Looks like these are selling for THREE GRAND on eBay right now, holy moly! Cost me close to 2K with taxes. Probably going to try and sell this one locally for $2,500. Gotta pay for my Dungeons & Dragons addiction somehow! :p
About what date did you sign up? Trying to figure out how long the line is...

I honestly don't remember, would guess a couple of months?
Ok thanks, I’m only on the list for about a month...fingers crossed!
I have been using the Discord bots to get notifications, but it’s amazing how fast they sell out when they drop on Amazon, BestBuy and NewEgg...just a few seconds and they’re gone.

So are these cards hot because of Crypto mining? Or is there a Gamer aspect to it?
The RTX 3070 is essentially a $500-600 MSRP card that performs VERY close to last generations top of the line RTX 2080 Ti which was a $1,200 card

The RTX 3080 and 3090 cards are steps above that.

While crypto is part of it, I suspect it's more just plain scalpers looking to profit more than miners buying up all the cards

There are a number of new games coming out that people are excited for, and more gamers have been moving to 1440p and 4k displays and are looking to get the best from them

So high demand for a new generation of tech that is a fairly significant boost over previous gen, plus low supply equals a pretty standard spot when new tech rolls out

They're doing it with AMD's new CPUs and it will happen in a few days with AMD's new GPUS

Plus the new xbox and playstations as well

Gaming isn't my wheel house so not sure if these are still tough to come by, but if so I'd say mining is certainly part of the problem... this guy just moved into the office next to me and it is running extremely hot in there!

Attachments

• mine2.jpg
    mine2.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 78
  • mine4.jpg
    mine4.jpg
    220.9 KB · Views: 72
  • mine1.jpg
    mine1.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 73
  • Mine3.jpg
    Mine3.jpg
    182.4 KB · Views: 73
Gaming isn't my wheel house so not sure if these are still tough to come by, but if so I'd say mining is certainly part of the problem... this guy just moved into the office next to me and it is running extremely hot in there!

Yes, with crypto prices skyrocketing lots of folks were scooping cards to mine with as well

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom