Anyone trying to get new Nvidia 3000 Series RTX Graphics Cards? (1 Viewer)

Damn that 3090 is tempting the but build around is is absurdly expensive lol. I'm leaning AMD 6800 XT as it is running 4k slightly better than the 3080.

Good luck finding one. I tried to snag the 6000 series today and they sold out quicker than the 3000 series did. Think they had a lot less inventory available to start too.

The two 3090's I got vary in MSRP, one was $1550 and the other $1800 (top of the line Gigabyte model)

Good luck finding one. I tried to snag the 6000 series today and they sold out quicker than the 3000 series did. Think they had a lot less inventory available to start too.

The two 3090's I got vary in MSRP, one was $1550 and the other $1800 (top of the line Gigabyte model)
Yeah I'm not in a rush. I'll just wait until they hit shelves again.

So I've been very fortunate and was able to obtain the following:

two - RTX 3090
one - RTX 3080
five - RTX 3070

Don't have them all on-hand yet, but managed to luck out and find a few with only 2 fans instead of 3 that'll fit the smaller cases we're using for our new builds. The rest should sell for a little bit of profit given how fast they sell out online as soon as they become available.

I would sell these fast. With AMD, there is a lot more supply.

Update on the 8 cards I managed to snag and what is available:

(3) MSI 3070 Trio X 8GB Cards

- 1 being traded Friday for a 2-fan Asus dual 3070 that'll fit into my new system
- 1 being sold to a local friend Saturday
- 1 for @JScott in the frozen tundra of the great canuckian north

(2) MSI Ventus 3070 8GB Cards

- 1 for Jenns new system
- 1 for the tournament director at the hard rock in tampa

(1) MSI Ventus 3080 10GB Card

- Possibly for a local friend, waiting to hear back

(1) MSI Ventus 3090 24GB Card

- Unclaimed

(1) Gigabyte Xtreme 3090 24GB Card

- Unclaimed

So managed to get two cards that'll fit our smaller systems plus help some friends out. And should be able to make a few hundred bucks profit on the 3090 cards if no friends are looking for them.

Listed the Gigabyte Xtreme 3090 on eBay since I received it today. Had someone message me on eBay offering me $1,000 for it. It's fucking BRAND NEW UNOPENED and retails for $1,800 and sells for over 2K on eBay and he's trying to get me to sell it at a loss.

It's already received multiple bids after a few hours and is up over $1300 and ends in 7 days.

Alright, almost everything has sold, still have the following:

Gigabyte Xtreme 3090 - 24GB Card (it's on eBay and will sell but if someone here wants it you've got about 24 hours to let me know)

Asus Tuf 3090 - 24GB Card (listed on eBay as a buy-it now and on Facebook marketplace yesterday)

Three Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core 16-Thread CPU's (actually got FOUR of these, one will be going in Jenns new system) Requires a discrete graphics card and a separate heatsink/cooler as they don't come with one

Gigabyte Xtreme 3090 - 24GB Card (it's on eBay and will sell but if someone here wants it you've got about 24 hours to let me know)

Asus Tuf 3090 - 24GB Card (listed on eBay as a buy-it now and on Facebook marketplace yesterday)

Three Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core 16-Thread CPU's (actually got FOUR of these, one will be going in Jenns new system) Requires a discrete graphics card and a separate heatsink/cooler as they don't come with one
The 3090 is about double the cost of my entire PC build.

I don't think I'd even be able to harness half the goodness that thing pumps out!

Ryzen is awesome, been running it since the 2700X came out.

Did you score the 5800X's at cost, selling them at cost? I'm personally looking for a 5900X but may know a guy looking for the 5800X.

The Nvidia 3080 is where it's at for this series. Still rocking a 1080ti and love it :)

Ryzen is awesome, been running it since the 2700X came out.

Did you score the 5800X's at cost, selling them at cost? I'm personally looking for a 5900X but may know a guy looking for the 5800X.

The Nvidia 3080 is where it's at for this series. Still rocking a 1080ti and love it :)

I snagged four of the 5800X's at MSRP but had to purchase them in bundles with other stuff (RAM, motherboards, etc) in order to bypass the scalper bots that are targeting just the cpu product pages

I wanted the 5900x as well but no dice. My new build has the 3900XT and it was a big boost from my quad core i5-7600k.

I just upgraded from the 8GB GTX 1080 which served me well, but have the 3070 card now, looking forward to Cyberpunk 2077 and RTX-on!

Damn missed out, pretty casually hunting for a 3070, not in a terrible rush though the 1070 is still a workhorse years later.

Sold most of the stuff, still have the following:

Asus Tuf RTX 3090 24GB Graphics Card

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-core 16-thread CPU (I have 3 of these)

Everything else is gone. Managed to finish most of my wifes system, enough that I could power it up and test it yesterday, her B550 board recognized the 5800x right away without needing a BIOS flash, which was nice. Just waiting on her hard drive to arrive and can get it fully setup

20201125_091122.jpg

20201125_091136.jpg

Tuf1.jpg

Sold the Asus Tuf 3090 today via Craigslist. He paid me in $50 bills, which some gamblers consider unlucky, yoikes!

The buyer for the Gigabyte Xtreme 3090 on eBay hasn't paid so just initiated the process where they get 2 more days and then I can either relist, offer to another bidder or cancel it out (which is what I'd probably do since AMD borked their AIB launch of new cards so bad I think I should be able to sell it off eBay without much issue and without having to pay eBay 10% of the sale price and then Paypal and deal with shipping and possibly getting scammed)

eBay buyer welched but had a guy drive 3 and a half hours from West Palm Beach area to meet me at the Hard Rock yesterday and he bought the Gigabyte 3090 card.

Now I have:

three of the Ryzen 7 5800x 8-core 16-thread CPU's left. Retail for $450 plus tax/shipping so will sell for $500 plus shipping if anyone is looking.

Also got notification from EVGA that I was next in their que to purchase a RTX 3070 card so that arrives in about a week in case anyone is looking.

Yep, ordered a new case. The 220T won’t fit it.
Some crazy shit. I mean, with the designs of cards these days, they're only getting bigger and bigger. Cases in general will have to follow suit. I have a full tower and I'm not positive a 3090 would fit before it smashes into the HDD cages. I'm one of those people who still needs a case with like 20 HDD slots. Still using my old tried and true Cooler Master HAF 932 :)

Some crazy shit. I mean, with the designs of cards these days, they're only getting bigger and bigger. Cases in general will have to follow suit. I have a full tower and I'm not positive a 3090 would fit before it smashes into the HDD cages. I'm one of those people who still needs a case with like 20 HDD slots. Still using my old tried and true Cooler Master HAF 932 :)

For the most part it seems the 3-fan cards are all similar in length (roughly) regardless of whether they are 3070, 3080 or 3090 cards. But the more powerful cards seem to be larger vertically, some taking up 2-3 expansion slots (which can result in them blocking parts of the motherboard you may need access to.

Yeah I knew it before it got here, I had ordered this case earlier, but it’s okay, I have a tech company, I’m sure I’ll find a use for the 220

For the most part it seems the 3-fan cards are all similar in length (roughly) regardless of whether they are 3070, 3080 or 3090 cards. But the more powerful cards seem to be larger vertically, some taking up 2-3 expansion slots (which can result in them blocking parts of the motherboard you may need access to.
Yep it boggles my mind how thick some of these cards are. So much cooling is needed they do indeed require you to sacrifice triple slots.

If you get that 3070 I maybe interested!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom