Anyone know where @MoscowRadio is? (1 Viewer)

I've worked with several different designers here and not one requested full payment prior to completion. If they did, they would not have gotten my business. Come to think of it, I don't recall any contractor I've ever done business with ask/demand full payment before completion.

You aren’t wrong. All the signs of a scammer were there. Personally, I accepted the risk of paying him up front because he seemed to be a well respected member with years on here, and I didn’t think someone who was into poker chips would risk forever tarnishing their reputation on pretty much the only place poker chip enthusiasts hang out to steal a couple hundred bucks.

I was wrong.

Last edited:
Why is his profile currently not available? Is that due to an action that @Tommy took, or that MR took?

Why is his profile currently not available? Is that due to an action that @Tommy took, or that MR took?
Probably. It stinks cause he can’t faux defend himself again but probably for the best so he doesn’t scam more people or new members via PMs.

You can try reaching him via Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/paloverdepokertables/

Someone (he?) also mentioned he was starting a new company though I don’t have any contact information.

Last edited:
Probably. It stinks cause he can’t faux defend himself again but probably for the best so he doesn’t scam more people or new members via PMs.

You can try reaching him via Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/paloverdepokertables/

Someone (he?) also mentioned he was starting a new company though I don’t have any contact information.
MR was logged in on Saturday. I think that the account is just set to private now. :tdown:

MR was logged in on Saturday. I think that the account is just set to private now. :tdown:
Could be wrong but I know (from my best buddy @FakeNewz) that one of the ways to tell and accounts banned is that their username will no longer pop up/auto generate when you go to @_____ them which his no longer is. Also there’s no longer an option to “Start Conversation” with them.

5CFC0CC5-F08B-4FE9-98E1-8BADEAA2193B.jpeg

Hate to bump this thread but after he did my first Bean Town Poker design I got stiffed for $140 on a second full set I was doing for my CPC chips, paid in full advance since he was so responsive on the first set. Just an FYI in case he comes back from hibernation and solicits work from others. A very pleasant guy to work with, but seems he may have some shady tendencies.

Hate to bump this thread but after he did my first Bean Town Poker design I got stiffed for $140 on a second full set I was doing for my CPC chips, paid in full advance since he was so responsive on the first set. Just an FYI in case he comes back from hibernation and solicits work from others. A very pleasant guy to work with, but seems he may have some shady tendencies.

This is important because another member and I discussed the very likelihood MR was shoveling a load when all the charity auctions were happening on his behalf. We chose (or I chose) to not interfere but we knew this would end badly hoping he would not screw our friends. The guy has a history of ghosting dating back to 2015 and in this case with a nice paycheck compliments of some trusting or unaware members. I should have opened my big mouth when it all started...

This is important because another member and I discussed the very likelihood MR was shoveling a load when all the charity auctions were happening on his behalf. We chose (or I chose) to not interfere but we knew this would end badly hoping he would not screw our friends. The guy has a history of ghosting dating back to 2015 and in this case with a nice paycheck compliments of some trusting or unaware members. I should have opened my big mouth when it all started...
I agree. I wanted to document it here because I was unaware of his history and people had tagged him on my post looking for art work. He had his "accident" and I wanted to give him some business to lend a helping hand. I'm not too upset about the $140. It's not great but I'll live, I just want to make sure future members are not caught off guard.

I'm the idiot that trusted the thief. If anyone sent him money and didn't get what was promised to you, and want his personal email address (not the one he uses for paypal), to send him a note regarding your "business" -- hit me up and I'll be happy to share it with you.

I won't ever forget the line of bullshit that he fed to me while he was stealing money from me and others. And I'll do my best to make sure others don't forget either. He burned lots of bridges in a pretty small community. Pretty short-sighted if you ask me. But maybe EARNING money isn't his thing.

I've only had a handful of bad experiences in this place -- he's one of them. Overall, that's a pretty good record. But don't forget the bad ones!

I'm the idiot that trusted the thief. If anyone sent him money and didn't get what was promised to you, and want his personal email address (not the one he uses for paypal), to send him a note regarding your "business" -- hit me up and I'll be happy to share it with you.

I won't ever forget the line of bullshit that he fed to me while he was stealing money from me and others. And I'll do my best to make sure others don't forget either. He burned lots of bridges in a pretty small community. Pretty short-sighted if you ask me. But maybe EARNING money isn't his thing.

I've only had a handful of bad experiences in this place -- he's one of them. Overall, that's a pretty good record. But don't forget the bad ones!
Don't be too hard on yourself, Mel. You were a good person who wanted to do good. At the end of the day, you are still that person...just a little less trusting. He turned out to be a piece of shit with some sort of personal struggle in his life. I can only guess. I've dealt with family members like this. I gave until it hurt, and then got burnt. I am the same person, just a little less trusting.

In situations like this I always wonder, what if he died or something? But 99.9 percent he's just a low life who took advantage which is really annoying because he designed my Tortuga set and did a great job. I also didn't pay until he was done and was one of the first to use him

In situations like this I always wonder, what if he died or something? But 99.9 percent he's just a low life who took advantage which is really annoying because he designed my Tortuga set and did a great job. I also didn't pay until he was done and was one of the first to use him
He was here about 2 months ago...so still alive then.

I have thought about dying suddenly and have provided my password to both my partner and sister, who, in that case, will sell you whatever I 've got in store.:D

I hang out with some guys who amateur race Porsches. Money spent makes the worst scrub donkey look like he is spending pocket change.

While out for beer & a burger:
Dave: “I had a really bad nightmare last night”
Others: “uh... ok, Dave. Er... what was your dream about?” (You can imagine these are not guys usually given to introspection.)
Dave: “I dreamt I died and my wife sold all my stuff for what I told her I paid for it”
The entire rest of the table shudders and says “oh God, that’s awful!”

This is important because another member and I discussed the very likelihood MR was shoveling a load when all the charity auctions were happening on his behalf.

I'll come out and say that it was me - and what @slisk250 says about our conversation is 100% true. I strongly suspected things wouldn't end well, but I had zero evidence of substance to support my supposition. If I did, I'd have absolutley made a public warning, but without it any such warning could very well have turned out to drive bids or support away from a legitimate plea for help whilst potentially unrightly sullying someone's reputation at the same time. I couldn't justify doing that on nothing more than a gut feeling and observations of actions/claims that alligned with similar experiences with others I've encountered in the past. I look at it this way - I would be disgusted if someone made a claim that one of my classifieds wasn't legitimate, or I was running a scam, with no evidence to support such a claim; so I would be remiss to do that very thing to someone else.

It makes me a little ill to my stomach to think that my friends here have been taken advantage of. Hopefully this is the last time someone steals from the community.

What was his story again? He was hit on his bike while riding to his new job uphill in the snow (both ways), and then got let go because he couldn't work while he was in the hospital with no insurance and huge medical debts began to grow as he was being evicted from his apartment because he couldn't pay his rent?

I can't remember for sure....

What was his story again? He was hit on his bike while riding to his new job uphill in the snow (both ways), and then got let go because he couldn't work while he was in the hospital with no insurance and huge medical debts began to grow as he was being evicted from his apartment because he couldn't pay his rent?

I can't remember for sure....
And I'm sure it'll be even more heart wrenching he comes back.....I wasn't buying it then and I won't in the future....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom