Anyone know where @MoscowRadio is? (1 Viewer)

Previous log in was about a week ago 7/25 :bag:
20BA1E2C-24F2-479A-B193-8521D989A475.png

Dude needs to respond, even if it’s privately to tell members “I can’t pay you back, I’m sorry.” Several members have conducted charity auctions on his behalf, and I imagine he was in contact to receive the donations.

He came out and said publicly that he’d respond to those who prepaid him for work that sounds like still hasn’t been done.

I’ll echo @BGinGA in that I think people would understand if he was in a tough spot in his personal life, but completely dodging those that have already paid him is unacceptable.

I hate to be the skeptic, but has he provided proof to anyone that he was actually involved in the accident as he claimed?

I don't have any money tied up... But if I did, I'd consider it lost at this point. Maybe MR will recover and make good, maybe not .. I'd consider him on IR until proven otherwise...

I don't have any money tied up... But if I did, I'd consider it lost at this point. Maybe MR will recover and make good, maybe not .. I'd consider him on IR until proven otherwise...
No money tied up either but I think it’s already been proven otherwise two fold :(

Dammit man, I believe I contributed too when there was a charity thing benefitting him. Hope those who paid for his services are made whole, but it's not looking promising at this point :(

Is this normal to prepay for design work? I haven’t worked with many designers, but both times I paid at the end.

oh you said steve lol. i thought that's the steve you were referring to.

I do like his work as well. @p5woody is awesome with putting up with my hundreds of changes. I truly believe he does it with a smile. Plus, after he knocked my Bourbons and poker table out of the ball park, how could I ever work with someone else.

His Instagram post from July 25th says he is starting a new business soon. :eek:

Go follow @dazed.n.amuzed for new art, jewelry, and other rad stuff coming soon from myself and @loyaltothejourney! We will be offering a 10% discount to anyone from the @mafwtempe hood for supporting a local, small business! Etsy shop coming soon!

#supportlocal #localart #supportsmallbusiness #mafw
1w

Can we start a list/PM of who is owed art or money.

I don't understand this move from a strategy point of view. As a designer you have the means to make money from the comfort of your home. Why not finish up the work that is owed, build your reputation, and then get more work...
That seems like the most winning strategy. Ripping people off isn't going to be a win as the world is just small.
The best way to get more work and more money is by word of mouth and making good on existing deals.

I don't understand this move from a strategy point of view. As a designer you have the means to make money from the comfort of your home. Why not finish up the work that is owed, build your reputation, and then get more work...
That seems like the most winning strategy. Ripping people off isn't going to be a win as the world is just small.
The best way to get more work and more money is by word of mouth and making good on existing deals.
Because when people are in a high stress situation, they often do the exact wrong things over and over. Personally, just reading this, it seems like he keeps knowing what to do, but then does the exact opposite. Who knows, but this is obviously an example of what not to do.

But yet it keeps getting worse.

Can we start a list/PM of who is owed art or money.

Just PM. I understand some may be embarrassed of the situation. Trying to get a total dollar amount of what is owed.
@MoscowRadio doesn't owe me any money nor have I requested any artwork services from him. Just trying to help organize.

mr1.PNG
mr2.PNG
mr3.PNG

I am not embarrassed so I will post this publicly. I sent him $185 up front via three different PayPal transactions in April. He was allegedly working on a few projects for me but he only ever sent me one file for one label. He sent pictures of some of the work he was doing for some other chips but would never forward the art files despite numerous requests. After months of waiting, I repeatedly told him I didn’t even care if he couldn’t finish the projects, but please just send me the files of what he had gotten to so I could get someone else to finish everything up. To this date, he still has never responded.

I sent him funds to design 2 different dealer buttons...nothing.
And the funds that I sent him to design my personal customs were supposed to support alterations -- I assume those are never happening -- honestly, don't think I have the artwork from him for someone else to pick up the ball either.

Both seems like small potatoes to the fundraising efforts, which are what sting the most.

The whole situation sucks but going forward I recommend not sending full payments for work up front. Too much can go wrong. I'll admit I sent him half up front cause he was going thru a rough time but he finished everything except my dealer button and I paid him the rest after the chip labels were done.

The whole situation sucks but going forward I recommend not sending full payments for work up front. Too much can go wrong. I'll admit I sent him half up front cause he was going thru a rough time but he finished everything except my dealer button and I paid him the rest after the chip labels were done.

Spoils it for the rest of designers on the board...

I've worked with several different designers here and not one requested full payment prior to completion. If they did, they would not have gotten my business. Come to think of it, I don't recall any contractor I've ever done business with ask/demand full payment before completion.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom