Anyone know where @MoscowRadio is? (1 Viewer)

If it helps anyone he does have a FB site for his Palo Verde Poker Tables.

Yeah I've messaged that (as well as his personal facebook page). No progress, but I did out myself as me from the start. Curious as to whether he would respond from an unknown asking about getting a table built....

I may have squeezed the last bit of work out of him.
He was working on a design for me in early May. I got a deadline from David @ CPC and barely , i mean barely got the files completed and to David at the last minute to get what was needed. My last communication with him was May 30 and nothing after that.
True or not, he did tell me he had to move apartments unexpectedly so he didn't have internet for a few days and then he hurt his knee and had to go to the hospital. So either these are excuses OR he has had a run of bad luck.
Either way there is really no excuse for radio silence, usually doesn't turn out well when that happens.

He hasn't logged on here since June 6. Maybe he still doesn't have an internet connection.

But he's gone awol for long periods before.

I'm very thankful he finished the final Emerald Bay inlays for me!

Hi everyone. I need to address what has happened in the last 6 or so weeks.

To begin with, I was hit by a car while riding my bike back from the convenience store and spent a while in the hospital. The person who hit me drove away immediately. Due to this, I was unable to work my regular job that I had just gotten not too long before this took place. I should have addressed this sooner, but between the design jobs I had and being put into a major financial hole by not being able to work, I've been absolutely terrified.

It was absolutely never my intent to take money for designs and not complete them. I will be responding to everyone individually who had commissioned me to do design work for them. I am, at this moment, trying desperately to figure out how I will be able to continue living in my current situation as I do not have family out here that can help.

I cannot apologize enough for what has taken place and for all of the trouble it has caused. As I said, I will be responding to everyone individually, and, if you have any questions for me, please feel free to reach out to me as I am now back home.

Thank you all.

Unfortunately this was what I feared. Hopefully everyone is understanding and everything works out for all parties. The reality is get well!

Hi everyone. I need to address what has happened in the last 6 or so weeks.

To begin with, I was hit by a car while riding my bike back from the convenience store and spent a while in the hospital. The person who hit me drove away immediately. Due to this, I was unable to work my regular job that I had just gotten not too long before this took place. I should have addressed this sooner, but between the design jobs I had and being put into a major financial hole by not being able to work, I've been absolutely terrified.

It was absolutely never my intent to take money for designs and not complete them. I will be responding to everyone individually who had commissioned me to do design work for them. I am, at this moment, trying desperately to figure out how I will be able to continue living in my current situation as I do not have family out here that can help.

I cannot apologize enough for what has taken place and for all of the trouble it has caused. As I said, I will be responding to everyone individually, and, if you have any questions for me, please feel free to reach out to me as I am now back home.

Thank you all.

I just saw @MoscowRadio is now soliciting work from other members on here. Just for the record, I paid James up front for several projects. He never completed them, and never replied to countless messages on here, via email and on Facebook, even after this public “I will be responding to everyone individually” announcement.

All I asked for were the files of what he had done so that I could get someone else to finish up the jobs. It has been months and I still have never gotten a reply. I got lucky @timinater finished up my projects from scratch. But that was no thanks to @MoscowRadio.

At this point, I expect nothing from James. But now that I see him trying to take on new work from other members here, I feel obligated to say something.

Buyer beware.

Yeah that's some BS if he's doing that. I also paid him, I never received anything. I asked for a refund and he hasn't responded to any messages from before or after he came back. If he's asking for new money, he's obviously a POS scammer and the Mods need to take action.

I am sorry to hear that this is happening. I have had a hard time getting ahold of James as well.

Things can happen, and as someone who goes off the radar sometimes for different reasons I feel like it doesn’t always have to be the worst case scenario, but I’ve also seen some of this stuff before and I would definitely be asking some more questions if I was a person that still hasn’t been contacted yet.

I saw multiple charity auctions (so many good people on this site, you all are awesome) for Moscow, was there any problem getting ahold of him to figure out where the proceeds were to go?

Things can happen, and as someone who goes off the radar sometimes for different reasons I feel like it doesn’t always have to be the worst case scenario, but I’ve also seen some of this stuff before and I would definitely be asking some more questions if I was a person that still hasn’t been contacted yet.

I saw multiple charity auctions (so many good people on this site, you all are awesome) for Moscow, was there any problem getting ahold of him to figure out where the proceeds were to go?

Lol. I’m quite sure he’ll be easy to reach if you want to send him money. Or if you wanted to buy a Star Wars lightsaber prop. He’s on here. He just isn’t doing what he publicly said he’d do (contact everyone he took money from individually) and now he’s soliciting work from new members.

Last edited:
He was replying on those auction threads, but unable to answer messages from people that have paid him money? Sorry, I don't buy the BS. He's dodging for a reason. SCAMMER.

I hope Moscow does the right thing here, with all the support given from the group.

You know, I am sorry, but I am not ready to throw the word "scammer" around so lightly if all he is doing is trying to get jobs.

Honestly, if he were trying to make good, this is exactly what he should be doing

Now, he isn't in a position to demand full payment up front anymore, which I know has hit a few of us. And I grant the lack of communication is unsettling, but having dealt with a family incurring frequent medical bills, I get how it happens.

All that said, I am not naive to the point that I think I am a favorite to be made whole, but "scammer" is a word that should be used with more care than it has been thrown in this thread

I dont blame the people who have been wronged one bit for whatever word they want to use at this point, you can use whatever word you would like. I have no skin in the game and don't revel in other people's problems, but from a complete outsiders perspective at the VERY least it's a shitty thing to do to the guys above and they have a right at this point to be frustrated.

I’ve read what you’ve all said, and, especially with all of the support the community has given me, I should have handled things differently. I didn’t realize that I wasn’t handling them properly until I saw this and it got put into context for me.

After my accident, I was freaking out about not being able to work, and I should have gotten everything in a row before I jumped at the chance to do any new designs. Obviously this was a tremendous misstep on my part. Saying that I never set out to do anything but design for people without causing damage is vastly different than actually putting those thoughts into motion, and I am sorry for that.

It has been hard to find the right words to say to some of the people here, but that doesn’t mean that I shouldn’t be avoiding it out of fear.

And there it is, that's what I mean when I say "go off the radar" for different reasons. As I've gotten older (40 is a trip) I seem to get very anxious sometimes, it leads to not answering my phone or text messages from friends randomly. For absolutely no reason at all after four or five dodges just because I don't feel like talking it turns into this giant thing in my head and I almost "fear" having to talk to my buddy and explain why I've been MIA. It's never a big deal, my buddies don't hate my guts, but it's a gigantic hurdle for some reason to me.

That can happen, and it can lead to being able to talk to new people easier than it is the people you've been avoiding/dodging/shitting on. It doesnt make you the worst person in the world but it definitely is something that's on "you" and if money/services are involved then you are definitely wronging the other party.

The worse case scenario is somebody that is hooked on drugs and lying to everybody in their life about everything. If I was owed money/services I would start to ask questions as well and try to see what the hell is going on and I wouldn't want to be called out for using a word when more than enough patience had been exhibited.

Just my opinion, but I think when Moscow makes everything right (good luck with your injuries dude, shitty situation) it will be all the proof anybody needs that he's not a scammer and was just spiraling for a little bit. But until then somebody shouldn't be called out for labeling somebody a scammer when all they've done up until this point is show restraint and understanding in a frustrating situation.

I guess my problem with the word "scammer" is it implies deciet, and there just isn't proof of that. There is proof things have been slow, there is no proof he has been dishonest about the reasons.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom