Annoying Poker “Shtick” (1 Viewer)

I've seen a lot of different pitch methods from a lot of dealers. Some straight forward some that make you say whaaat?
I've never seen a good way to pitch from the end of a table with any consistency/accuracy.

Edit: I just remembered Chris Ferguson, I'm sure he could do it

I've seen a lot of different pitch methods from a lot of dealers. Some straight forward some that make you say whaaat?
I've never seen a good way to pitch from the end of a table with any consistency/accuracy.

Edit: I just remembered Chris Ferguson, I'm sure he could do it

I can do it, but I pitch cards when I get bored... I can do it on all of my tables too. (Chanman Gaming Felt, WSOP felt, and a speed velvet.. or whatever it is called). it is all in the wrist.

I just remembered another thing that annoys me.. when people deal and peel the card too high, and you can see it before dealt.

I'm a lousy shuffler. I just have no manual dexterity. But I have a friend who broke his finger when he was younger and it's permanently bent into a curve, and he can't shuffle at all. At least I can do a clumsy job of it. Not everybody is going to be a world class shuffler after a little practice.

I can do it, but I pitch cards when I get bored... I can do it on all of my tables too. (Chanman Gaming Felt, WSOP felt, and a speed velvet.. or whatever it is called). it is all in the wrist.

I just remembered another thing that annoys me.. when people deal and peel the card too high, and you can see it before dealt.
I can do it too, but it's not a beautiful thing. Even after years of dealing I still get a "flyer" once in a while

As far as shuffling goes, I always had a big stupid overhand box shuffle - that’s how my mother taught me when I was very young. I knew it was no good and I tried to keep it low, but nobody in my group cared - we were all a bunch of hacks.
When I signed up for my first meet-up last year, I decided not to be the new guy with the bad shuffle. I watched a couple of YouTube videos and in about two sessions, I was comfortable with a proper shuffle.

If you’re implying that it’s relatively easy to learn to pitch effectively from the end of a Holden table, I’m calling bullshit.

Seriously? Have you attempted to learn? Take a night or two and practice if you have a table. I don’t recall it taking long to learn at all. Hell there are videos on it. Probably a few hours max.

Part of it is to sit up straight and how you hold the deck. Most people that can’t do it can’t because they are afraid of flipping a card ... more of a confidence thing.

As far as shuffling goes, I always had a big stupid overhand box shuffle - that’s how my mother taught me when I was very young. I knew it was no good and I tried to keep it low, but nobody in my group cared - we were all a bunch of hacks.
When I signed up for my first meet-up last year, I decided not to be the new guy with the bad shuffle. I watched a couple of YouTube videos and in about two sessions, I was comfortable with a proper shuffle.
I originally learned a proper shuffle because I couldn’t do a box bridge riffle shuffle like everyone did so I just copied what I saw dealers do. I actually just learned to do that. I think it shuffles the cards sufficiently but the bridging part (or what her you call it) is waisted effort and more for the look.

The Meshing half a deck into the other is horrible

Seriously? Have you attempted to learn? Take a night or two and practice if you have a table. I don’t recall it taking long to learn at all. Hell there are videos on it. Probably a few hours max.

Part of it is to sit up straight and how you hold the deck. Most people that can’t do it can’t because they are afraid of flipping a card ... more of a confidence thing.
No, I haven’t practiced. My table is an octagon - far more civilized.

I originally learned a proper shuffle because I couldn’t do a box bridge riffle shuffle like everyone did so I just copied what I saw dealers do. I actually just learned to do that. I think it shuffles the cards sufficiently but the bridging part (or what her you call it) is waisted effort and more for the look.

The Meshing half a deck into the other is horrible
I'm not sure what this means, but are you seriously saying that a "bridged" shuffle is in any way acceptable in a card game for money?

People that ask me what I have, if I want a call/fold, I don’t talk to anyone when I’m in the hand and I’ve had plenty of people drag out a hand because I stay mum.

Berating players because they “played bad”, I want people to play bad that’s how I make money, shut your pie whole you’re scaring my customers

Sunglasses and hoodies should be banned

I know this man. I've also played golf with him - he's the guy who can't even put on his glove/select a club until all eyes are on him. WTF.

I’m a pretty decent golfer in my own right and I take about 5 or 10 seconds to take a shot, reading putts maybe a little longer. I don’t care how good or bad you are as long as you play fast. Nothing is more agonizing than being behind a guy that takes 10 practice swings, checks the yardage with his rangefinder, 10 more practice swings, takes off glove and puts it back on, 10 more practice swings, duffs the ball 5 yards, rinse and repeat.

Did someone mention physically shoving in all your chips “all in” into a big pile?

Fishing for this gif?

https://goo.gl/images/BtLpxv
LDIfGQO.gif

BtLpxv

Last edited:
my pet peeve is when the dealer pauses briefly to look at each card coming off the deck before placing it down. (home game, obviously.)

my pet peeve is when the dealer pauses briefly to look at each card coming off the deck before placing it down. (home game, obviously.)

THIS THIS THIS! So much this. Even if it's literally only a fraction of a second, it's still super annoying and wrong.

Hmm, I honestly have never seen this and I’m having a hard time imagining what it looks like. Sound annoying though.
Instead of sliding the top card of the deck forward, slide it towards yourself and hold it up so you can see it. Keep that arc of motion going in a circle away from you until the card lands face-up on the board. But pause for a fraction of a second to let the card register in your mind so that everyone at the table knows that you know what it is.

For extra points, call out what you think the card will be "here comes a four..." and then as soon as you see it say "nope" before it hits the table.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom