5,000 post giveaway contest (2 Viewers)

Unfortunately, Ovo and everyone after his post were too late. Sorry guys...

And now, I've hauled them out of storage.

As you could see in the previous pic, several racks of $5s were still trapped in the death wrapping of whoever here sold them to me last year. I went to unwrap them, and found three unexpected chips bundled in there -- the way the guessing has zoned in, these just might determine the winner!

GVsneaky.jpg

After re-racking some and checking all the counts:

GVsFinal.jpg

30 racks of 100 chips = 3000
10 rows of 53 chips = 530
4 stacks of 20 chips = 80
partial rack = 45 (20 + 18 + 7 chips)
====================

For a grand total of 3,655 chips. And the winner is: (Holy shit, this is amazing...)

@Josh Kifer guessed 3,651, only four chips off!

But then @rimmerryan came in at 3,655, and hit the nail right smack on the head ... with the difference being made by those three unexpected mint $5 chips!

So the winner, @rimmerryan , gets his choice of the two racks.

And it was so close that, if he wants them, @Josh Kifer gets the other rack.

Please send me shipping addresses, guys. Thanks!

Last edited:
Unfortunately, Ovo and everyone after his post were too late. Sorry guys...

And now, I've hauled them out of storage.

As you could see in the previous pic, several racks of $5s were still trapped in the death wrapping of whoever here sold them to me last year. I went to unwrap them, and found three unexpected chips bundled in there -- the way the guessing has zoned in, these just might determine the winner!

View attachment 184452

After re-racking some and checking all the counts:

View attachment 184453

30 racks of 100 chips = 3000
10 rows of 53 chips = 530
4 stacks of 20 chips = 80
partial rack = 45 (20 + 18 + 7 chips)
====================

For a grand total of 3,655 chips. And the winner is: (Holy shit, this is amazing...)

@Josh Kifer guessed 3,651, only four chips off!

But then @rimmerryan came in at 3,655, and hit the nail right smack on the head ... with the difference being made by those three unexpected mint $5 chips!

So the winner, @rimmerryan , gets his choice of the two racks.

And it was so close that, if he wants them, @Josh Kifer gets the other rack.

Please send me shipping addresses, guys. Thanks!
That's a lot of chips!

BTW, in the pointless trivia department: The case in the picture is one of the cases in which Best Bet Limited distributed those famous 16-18 gram "Binyons" "WSOP" brass chips way back when. Three hinges, three clasps, a very solid 500+ case.

BestBetCase.jpg

.... I went to unwrap them, and found three unexpected chips bundled in there -- the way the guessing has zoned in, these just might determine the winner!

For the record, I typed that and added the pictures *before* toting up the counts.

. And the winner is: (Holy shit, this is amazing...)....

Holy shit indeed. I *will* be playing the FL lottery today!

Congrats to both winners.

Shame I didn’t win, but thanks @pltrgyst for this incredibly generous giveaway.

I feel like an idiot now. I should have known 1800 would be nowhere near enough. Rookie move.

In the spirit of all things Florida, I demand a recount! I was sure that my guess of 3618.5 was dead on.

Thank you, sir, for a fun giveaway, and congrats on 5k posts.

In the spirit of all things Florida, I demand a recount! I was sure that my guess of 3618.5 was dead on.

When I was running through the thread looking at guesses, we had Irish only 155 off at 3500, then tallsbutler 145 off at 3800, and then your 3618.5, even closer. And I was thinking what a kick it would be if your extra .5 won it for you!
:p

Read “30 racks of 100 chips” as “30 racks of $100 chips” and nearly fainted.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom