2023 Twelve Days of Christmas Giveaways (1 Viewer)

There are so many great people in this community, but I'd like to give a special thanks to:

@krafticus for being a great friend, running a phenomenal league, and basically being the MVP of the Maryland chipping community.
@courage @H|Q and @jbutler for being my brothers in degen
@bergs @MegaTon44 and @Hornet for hosting really great meetups this year
@Cliff for being awesome
@Highli99 for being a really cool dude, and also for all the action you give
@Toby For being an awesome, funny dude, and for your generosity

My thanks go out to everyone who has helped me since I have joined and especially to the following:

@Colquhoun, @MrRossKeys and @aaron2786 for all the design feedback
@Godzilla28, @Vinyard, @MrRossKeys, @quintooo, @TheRealTeddyKGB, @esapigao, @SPR, @BarrieJ3, @RocAFella1 and all of the other Bay Area chippers for the game invites
@justincarothers, @Himewad, @TheOffalo, @rjdev7 for helping take my money for cool game accessories, cards and chips
@BGinGA for all of the structure help
@Al Azouri for the invite tracker
@JoeyMack for securing my octagon table (which now doubles as my WFH desk)

Special thanks to @NotRealNameNoSir and @VMR911 for adding to my poker addiction with cards and the honest advice about them. And thank you to @Lemonzest for the Park Place plan. And can’t forget about @justincarothers for all the great sales and outstanding service when things go a little askew. And to everyone else that I sometimes interact with (or don’t) and those that so freely impart wisdom and opinion, it makes this place great.

Waynes World Thumbs Up GIF

While the list of individuals I could mention easily surpasses a hundred, I'll focus on those who immediately come to mind.

@davislane: Your goodness stands out with no specific reason. I value our friendship, and I sincerely thank you.

@LeGold: A true gem who finds joy in life's small pleasures and knows how to have a good time. Looking forward to meeting in person someday.

@Jeevansluck: A brother from another mother. Grateful our paths crossed, Nav.

@Grimace: An all-around fantastic person. It was a pleasure facilitating and reshipping some great chips for you, especially those nearly mint blue's!

@JMC9389: Joe is a mensch through and through. Our friendship started with helping you secure a set you'd long desired. A truly satisfying experience!

@JeepologyOffroad: Thanks a bunch for the awesome chats and valuable insights. Goes without saying, your design skills are genius. I hope to order a CPC set with your special touch soon!

@kk405: Grateful for your insights. Connecting with you was a pleasure, and thanks for letting us own those stunning Tiger's!

@inca911: Although our communication has been limited, a shoutout is a must. Thanks to you, I own what I consider the most aesthetically pleasing tournament set ever made. Your patience during the purchase process is truly appreciated.

Lots of people to thank this year. I can't possibly mention everyone. Here are a few:
  • Thank you to @timinater for his great design work. Whatever craziness I come up with, you always find a way to pull it off even better than I imagined.
  • Thank you to @Gear for your help locating chips and for your wonderful labels.
  • Thank you to @Josh Kifer for your great milling work, your fun presence at meet ups, and the great bonus stuff.
  • Thank you to @CraigT78 for the amazing fun that is DiD.
  • Thank you to @ekricket for all of your good advice and being a fellow lover of hot stamps.
  • Thank you to @banned for <censored>.
  • Thank you to all the PCFers who have let me play poker with you. I'm looking forward to having some of you back at my house next weekend.
  • Finally, thank you to @shorticus and @Beakertwang for being great friends, chipping and beyond.
Happy holidays, everyone!

Special thanks to everyone here who was so supportive during my spine surgery in June, and my subsequent recovery. Your posts meant the world to me, and brightened my days when things were toughest. And a handful of you reached out to me directly and offered me advice and words of encouragement, and in some cases, even medical equipment: (in no particular order) @Josh Kifer, @BPTDirector, @JMC9389, @WedgeRock. @louBdub, @Burke, @David O, @jr8719, @yarbs. If I left anyone out, I apologize. Please know that you are appreciated.

Special thanks to @shorticus, @BamaT8ter, @MrCatPants, @IaHawk, and @toynoob, whom I consider lifelong friends.

I'm glad y'all were in my corner.

@allforcharity - Again, name says it all. Always has a gift when I see him. Sometimes, I pay dearly for it in the cash games LOL!
@Gear - Always has my back when I need tournament directing help. Awesome labels too! Wealth of knowledge. When this guy speaks you listen.
@Wifey - Honestly, she is my sense of reason when I am lost. She has calmed me down on more than 1 occasion, and provided direction when needed most.
@T_Chan - Dude can build tables! One of the nicest people on the planet. Hosts an awesome game!
@Pippa and Mrs.Pippa - Always willing to help. Another great host. His wife cooks some wicked food when we play at his house.
@grantc54 - Yet another great host. Love this chips he uses for his tournaments. Feel very privileged to play with those awesome clay discs!
@Racer96 - Another one of the nicest people on the planet. This guy goes above and beyond. (He knows what I mean, thanks Mike).
@justincarothers - Can't thank him enough for the TINA GB's, and the racks. He packs his parcels SUPER AWESOME :)
@Tommy - For this great sounding board we all have the privilege to use. And his awesome contests.
@BGinGA for all of the times I have been able to ask about directing a tournament, and structure help.
@desjgn - for supplying some pretty damn great cards, and running this contest.

I've missed a few I'm sure of it. Sorry it's late.

Last edited:
There are so many people in this community that I'd love to thank and I'm sure I won't be able to get all of them, but I'll highlight a few that have made my year.

@leo822 for always helping out and giving information when needed!
@RivieraDanny for helping out get a grail set this year and letting me part of that experience
@JWC for helping me find more chips that have seemed so hard to find for the longest time
@doublebooyah85 for keeping me entertained over the phone
@DirtyTIVA for letting me help out with a custom Kings Castle set that he's got and showing me things I'd probably never see before
@Spinettis Gaming of course for everything they do for me

and anyone else that has helped me this past year. Whether we only had a conversation, we helped each other in some way or saw that we both had something unique and fun to share. This community has been amazing ever since I joined and it will continue to be! Happy Holidays to everyone!

Whelp, everyone thanks friends and I should follow suit, but it is sincere. Thanks to our local group, especially @kmccormick100 and @RocAFella1 for dealing with me. As I fall in and out of availability for chipping, they persist in assisting me, poking me when needed, and dealing with me irl as a friend.

I don’t really mingle on here, politic, or PM ever, so such a big thanks to all our meetup attendees. It really is meaningful that adults would cut time out of their schedule to make it out here. Plenty of folks to thank surrounding that, but thanks to @JeepologyOffroad specifically for both taking the time to pack up and choosing the meetup to share both his customs and Tiger cash reveal.

Outside of myself and circle, wanted to highlight at least one person. @joeyshin, who I don’t actually interact with much currently or historically. I’ve witnessed his generosity firsthand as well as repeatedly from the sidelines. It’s unannounced, unrequited, and rarely on display - which is unique both for PCF and anywhere in the world. Definitely a lead by example kinda guy, many thanks and much respect.

Happy holidays y’all.

I'm not going to tag any one person specifically, but there were some folks here that really showed me what true friendship is through some tough times I've gone through. They may not know it, but their small gestures brought great happiness to my day at times I desperately needed it. And for that I am thankful.
Merry Christmas.

Shout out to @Himewad. I have created several designs over the years that I am proud of although the crowd response to them has at times been less enthusiastic that I expected lol. I have seen others experience this same thing. I made some 'Join or Die' buttons to go with my Benjamin Franklin inspired customs years ago that I love but my slow shipping and purchasing them from a less than quality vendor was a bit of a downer. My interest in the creative part of the hobby was down when out of the blue @Himewad contacted me informing me that he and his group of button collectors loved these buttons and asked if he could have a bunch of them made. I was very flattered and said yes. For years I had a button on my shelf that I had made taking inspiration from the movie Rounders that was a 3 level Oreo button with Russian art as a tribute to the great character Teddy KGB. I had not show this to anyone outside of my local group but I decided to share it with James at this time. He was very enthusiastic stating "best dealer button ever" which was exactly how I felt. He asked if he could make them and offer them to the community. Being very flattered I of course said yes. James asked if he could modify the art slightly and offer it as part of his dealer button group-buys saying he thought it would be a big hit. I gave him the go ahead and he was right.

I love his projects with his 'The Nuts' artwork. I have asked him a ridiculous number of questions about the many chips projects and buttons he has done and he always takes time to respond. When he decided to order from Tina he allowed me to order a ton of chips with his order. There was an issue with colors which he adjusted perfectly ensuring that my chips had the bright colors that I was wanting. I intended to have different art on each side of some chips which was not done. He caught the manufacturers mistake and negotiated a remedy perfectly. When doing the repacking he verified counts finding several shortages. He had the replacement chips sent and shipped my chips like an absolute pro with zero chips being damaged in an order of nearly four thousand ceramic chips.

Last year he had a Super Smash Brothers tournament that I entered. This had to be a ton of work with managing the structure as well as making and posting of videos and it was extremely fun. I was fortunately the overall winner and he sent me a great prize package. It was awesome anticipating the next battle and he and his son did a great job with commentary during the battles.

James is a fun and enthusiastic member and is a great asset to the community.

Happy Holidays Everyone!

I guess I should jump in here and thank my favourite poker forum people I’m grateful for my main guy @Pippa
this guy hits the post office for me about 40 times a year a true friend in the chipping game
Always hosting and I’m forever grateful
@grantc54 is an amazing chipper and always hosts some of the best home games I’ve ever played @T_Chan for all his help with my table always there when I have questions amazing quality table you build for me brother !!
@allforcharity for always being friendly and supportive it’s all in his name describes this man
Hosting charity events through out the years !!
@Gear / @Wifey for always being there helping in all sorts of ways weather it’s lables or questions always happy to help
@ChipRocker always talking strat and swapping %
In the main your a great friend and I can’t wait to see where this game leads us all
Merry Christmas and happy holidays to everyone

Tis the season for some giveaways!

How do you enter? Simple. Call out those humans for playing a hand well or how a tournament is run. Call out those humans and their good deeds. Call them out! Just a compliment to spread some cheer is fine too, it just can’t be me.

Some uncut sheets, sets of cards, among the other prizes are part of the giveaways. Enter by Sunday, December 3rd and the first day of 12 giveaways will start on Monday.
Thanks to @CraigT78 and @Hornet for welcoming me into their homes this year!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom