2022 Twelve Days Of Christmas Giveaways (1 Viewer)

Shout out to @xdan for designing the great statesman cards and for all his help in my finally getting some Angel JI cards! Also thanks to @Jonesey07 for handling the re-shipping for the statesman cards!

Big thanks to @VMR911 as well, who sold me a great set of Tiki's I had been looking to get, and for some help/advice with some cards mold chips.

More appreciation for @Benjaminotaur for selling me a great PCF table topper and for running/shipping the SPW GB chips!

Thank you to @justincarothers for all the great GBs he has run and for the great accessibility to so many great designed chips!

Happy Holidays!

Shout out to @MegaTon44 for the epic PHL and welcoming me like family for my first US meet

Shout out to @slisk250 for making my September Vegas trip unforgettable (and we have another one lined up)

Shout out to @CraigT78 for being my brother from another mother

Shout out to @JMC9389 for being my card brother for life

Shout out to @OfficerLovejoy for hosting a great EU meet-up

Shout out to @kk405 for a lot of stuff…mainly a great friend and relay shipper

I have many more on my list…Ben, Brie, Mel, Kevin, Frank, Matt, Allyn, the Euro crew…and many more…. you are all great

Thanks for the action Jason @desjgn

Last edited:
Two shoutouts here:

1. @toothpic: My brother from another. It’s always a blast either texting or chatting on phone about life, chips and poker with him. Endless laughs. Never will forget his act of kindness when he found out I acquired a PNY set over the summer and he surprised me with two PNY dealer buttons. Poker-related, I need to stop him from playing like such a nit and be like this at a table:

IMG_6908.JPG

2. @Grandmasturkey: Who knew we’d become such great pals and poker BFFs? Hands down the best poker player I personally know, and an even better human being. We co-founded the No Limp Zone (NLZ for life!) at my home game almost two years ago and feed off each other at the table. Big shoutout for getting together a surprise b-day event for me even through she knows I don’t celebrate my b-day. It was the thought that truly counted, and she went out of her way -- without me knowing -- to acquire some Tropicana V1 singles as a present. And the cake was the nuts!

IMG_0579.jpg

Only bad thing about the cake is friggin' AK. Screw AK.

Two shoutouts here:

1. @toothpic: My brother from another. It’s always a blast either texting or chatting on phone about life, chips and poker with him. Endless laughs. Never will forget his act of kindness when he found out I acquired a PNY set over the summer and he surprised me with two PNY dealer buttons. Poker-related, I need to stop him from playing like such a nit and be like this at a table:

View attachment 1032194

2. @Grandmasturkey: Who knew we’d become such great pals and poker BFFs? Hands down the best poker player I personally know, and an even better human being. We co-founded the No Limp Zone (NLZ for life!) at my home game almost two years ago and feed off each other at the table. Big shoutout for getting together a surprise b-day event for me even through she knows I don’t celebrate my b-day. It was the thought that truly counted, and she went out of her way -- without me knowing -- to acquire some Tropicana V1 singles as a present. And the cake was the nuts!

View attachment 1032195

Only bad thing about the cake is friggin' AK. Screw AK.
In regards to AK
CD6582EA-0A11-4BE2-9EF0-1D7FF23DE15F.gif

Last edited:
I love this thread. Thanks to @desjgn for running this thread every year. It's so wholesome and it reminds me why I enjoy being a member here.

Shout outs listed in no particular order:

Big shout out to @surfik for being a positive supporter. I really appreciate all the kind words.

Although I don't trade/purchase very frequently, I'm grateful for all the support when I do have an inquiry. @ReallyGoodUsername and @TX_Golf_N_Poker helped me out when I asked. Thank you!

Big Browns Johnny Chubb high five to @Josh Kifer Thanks bro.

To each and every one of you reading this - thank you. You've helped me through some tough times this year and I appreciate all the shenanigans we drum up in the name of poker and poker chips.

I love this thread. Thanks to @desjgn for running this thread every year. It's so wholesome and it reminds me why I enjoy being a member here.

Shout outs listed in no particular order:

Big shout out to @surfik for being a positive supporter. I really appreciate all the kind words.

Although I don't trade/purchase very frequently, I'm grateful for all the support when I do have an inquiry. @ReallyGoodUsername and @TX_Golf_N_Poker helped me out when I asked. Thank you!

Big Browns Johnny Chubb high five to @Josh Kifer Thanks bro.

To each and every one of you reading this - thank you. You've helped me through some tough times this year and I appreciate all the shenanigans we drum up in the name of poker and poker chips.

Every word was well deserved, you my friend have impeccable taste...

Normally this is where I would thank the Usual Suspects I see almost every week (@Godzilla28 & @quintooo) but I'll handle that in person. Instead I would like to thank some PCF "Rando's" that I've never met in person. We didn't buy, sell or trade chips. They just tried to help:

Thanks @grantc54 for trying to aquire some Jetons from Monaco. I actually found some on eBay but still need that damn green one!! Next year...

Thanks @davislane for trying to help me finish my Ultimate Card Cover Set of F1 tyres/wheels. I'll get those Intermediates eventually!!

To everyone else have a great & safe holiday season. "May all your cards be live & your pots be monsters!"

20200607_213248.jpg

Shot out to @bergs for shooting me an invite to a meetup, Greatly appreciated even though I was not able to make it. I probably saved myself hundreds of $$$, but still wish I could have made it.

And to @HaRDHouSeiNC for being my first transaction and I will always be greatful.

Last edited:
This is one of my favorite threads each year :)

I went back to take a look at my chip transaction notes to see if there was anything that jumped out this year - and what did leap off the page was the bottom line, holy bejeezus I spent waaaay too much on chips this year lol.

I was able to recoup my lone chipping regret - selling my tourney PCR set (my first Paulsons) - which was made possible by @MegaTon44 & @EmptyPocs, thank you much guys!

Dan (and his lovely wife) get a second nod for hosting an incredible meetup in Philly this fall, where I finally got to hang with my Protege brothers @Joe Harris & @Thomacetti , can't wait to do that again gents!

And a final shout out to @JMC9389 for the thousands of PMs / texts this year on what seemed like 100 different chip projects we batted back and forth. I've lost track on the count but it's been fun lol

This has been a long time coming. I should have written this a few months ago but I jumped from 3 days straight of poker back into work and the stresses of life. So here it goes...

@MegaTon44 is an above-and-beyond stand-up guy. I couldn't believe the work he put into creating a meet-up that was extremely welcoming, warm, and inviting. It is one thing to manage all the logistics well, which of course Dan did. He made sure that everyone had a place to sleep and plenty of food and of course, the games themselves were able to be played well. Yet, he also did something that you can't buy and that was the atmosphere he created. He was a host that made sure everyone was taken care of while at the same time providing a relaxed setting for everyone to enjoy. He genuinely wanted everyone to have fun and created a community among a group of chip collectors. I know it is unfair to say because I have only been to one meet-up game but Dan is the best host out there and I am so thankful that he is willing to host again next year.

What is the nicest thing you can say at a poker table? "You played well" That is what Dan said to me as I was leaving and I knew that he was being sincere. It meant a lot to me leaving my first meet-up. You're never sure if you are playing well or just getting lucky but when another poker player says it you know you can lean on that truth.

Thanks, Dan looking forward to next year

and of course thanks @desjgn. I love when community members are willing to share and give to the community so generously.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom