You really have a complete set? (1 Viewer)

2dollarbill

Sitting Out
Reaction score
I see people buying single barrels in the classifieds and I am still confused to as why? It seems extremely challenging to assemble a full set of chips of a single style this way. It doesn't seem that common to see people posting mixed sets so how are people assembling a full set? I also don't see complete sets up for sale that often either...

Most of my sets don't need a full rack of $100 chips, so, I can buy a barrel to compete my set. If your trying to build a set one barrel at a time it will take you much longer and usually cost more, but, by buying this way you can choose the best chips available so you don't have to cherry pick a rack and then unload the rest.

I see people buying single barrels in the classifieds and I am still confused to as why? It seems extremely challenging to assemble a full set of chips of a single style this way. It doesn't seem that common to see people posting mixed sets so how are people assembling a full set? I also don't see complete sets up for sale that often either...
For one of my tournament sets I need 220x T100 chips. Bought two racks in one deal and a single barrel in another. Then did a trade for 3 barrels of another denomination and only needed 2 so I sold a barrel.

Most of my sets don't need a full rack of $100 chips, so, I can buy a barrel to compete my set. If your trying to build a set one barrel at a time it will take you much longer and usually cost more, but, by buying this way you can choose the best chips available so you don't have to cherry pick a rack and then unload the rest.
Ahh this makes sense!

Where are people typically getting the start to the set? is that usually bought from a single seller and then you sell what you don't need and piece together the rest?

The set below took me about 7 years to assemble. Much of it a chip here, a chip there and on occasion I was able to acquire a few bigger pieces at once.

You will probably NEVER see this set for sale but if you did, the buyer would be paying no less than 6 figures for it. ;)

If someone wants “Turnkey” on AWESOME, there is a “Turnkey” price for it. ;)Otherwise, happy hunting to you.

IMG_4210.jpeg

I've been building some sets, one chip at a time, for a long time. It can be very satisfying, but you got to have patience. And sometimes it starts by buying one barrel of chips. When you can piece together a barrel here, years later, a barrel there, then you finally complete a rack, and maybe it's a rack that you will never find in the wild, but over the course of years, you put one together.

The set below took me about 7 years to assemble. Much of it a chip here, a chip there and on occasion I was able to acquire a few bigger pieces at once.

You will probably NEVER see this set for sale but if you did, the buyer would be paying no less than 6 figures for it. ;)

If someone wants “Turnkey” on AWESOME, there is a “Turnkey” price for it. ;)Otherwise, happy hunting to you.

View attachment 1272794
So would $1000.00 do?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom