Are you happy with your mixed chip set(s)? (1 Viewer)

Mixed sets tilt me. Others have made really nice line ups, however.
Mixed or miss matched chips make no sense to me.

I don't even like the idea of relabelling chips in general. I bought primary HSI quarters to complete my set line up in spite of having 200- 25cent relabeled primary snappers.

Some though I understand have favorites from various sets and playing them as a mix is fine, just not something I'd aim for in my sets. I dont think it would bother me to play with a mixed set as long as face value played.

I don't think I'm opposed to the idea of creating a cash or tournament chip set with chips from different sets, but I wanted to know how other felt. Do you have a mixed chip set? Are you happy with it?
I love both. But what you will find with mixed sets is that

1. You can build them over time, so you don't have to dump a shit ton of money all at once to get a great set, and

2. You can replace the crap denomination chip with a chip that better fits the set.

Also, if having different labels tilts you, you can do an awesome relabel project.

Oh yeah, it's also much easier to sell off pieces of a mixed set if you get tired of it.

LOVE the mixed sets I've owned!!

20210301_163800.jpg
20201119_222147.jpg

Edit: Damn, I almost forgot my mixed TRKs

20190823_133703.jpg

20210307_082948.jpg

Last edited:
Could be a different mold, design, etc combined together to make either a cash or tournament set.
Generally, mixing molds is not advised. But it’s really up to what you like in the end. I tend to agree with not mixing molds, for me personally.

Mixing different designs, spot patterns is part of the fun IMHO. You want it to “flow” and look good together, and there are some basic design elements (spot progression, etc) that can help ensure cohesiveness.

It can take some experimenting to get it right - lol.

Currently working on this. Unique mix which is pretty cool, as thats some of the appeal of a mixed set to me.

Main thing I want with the set is:
- Shaped inlays on all denoms
- thc mold
- white base inlay
- used condition

Not sure I'm completely happy with the lineup though. Thinking maybe I need a red five instead. Or maybe change out the $25. Happy to hear suggestions!
20231106_210127.jpg

20231106_210332.jpg

1. You can build them over time, so you don't have to dump a shit ton of money all at once to get a great set, and

2. You can replace the crap denomination chip with a chip that better fits the set.

Also, if having different labels tilts you, you can do an awesome relabel project.

Oh yeah, it's also much easier to sell off pieces of a mixed set if you get tired of it.
All good points. Absolute proof of #2 is the Aztar $5. :cool
Outstanding choices all the way there -- but somebody spilled thick green pea soup all over whatever those chips are in between the $1s and the $5s... :eek:

Yup. I have a "wanted" cash set. So far there are 3 molds and 4 different sets, mixed. I'm going to add a 5th for the hundros, br pro poker plaques. I'll update with a pic when I get back home (currently out on business). People told me not to mix cpc and paulson, but it worked out that way with the bitchin fracs I got from David. Black solid San Manuel Bingo .50. :love:
So here is the mixed set so far. These are just chips that I saw and decided I wanted them. I wasn't building around any one, maybe the HSC $1s because I found them first. But it was never planned. The fracs were an accident. I ordered other ones and the deal was changed do to stock issues. Worked out for the best. I'm currently trying to design a hundo, using br pro plaques, that is black but also has color because the frac is already solid black. :)

Attachments

• 20231110_080909.jpg
    20231110_080909.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 41
So here is the mixed set so far. These are just chips that I saw and decided I wanted them. I wasn't building around any one, maybe the HSC $1s because I found them first. But it was never planned. The fracs were an accident. I ordered other ones and the deal was changed do to stock issues. Worked out for the best. I'm currently trying to design a hundo, using br pro plaques, that is black but also has color because the frac is already solid black. :)
That is certainly mIXeD

I've owned many many mixed sets, and ended up selling all of them...save for one. It's very difficult for me to stay satisfied with a mix of chips

This set took me years to amass and assemble - needless to say it's my favorite mixed set and I am very happy with it. All chips are leaded THC

View attachment 1222838
View attachment 1222839
View attachment 1222840View attachment 1222844
View attachment 1222841
View attachment 1222842
View attachment 1222843
That rack of Harolds is awesome, but it breaks my heart to see Le Cove $1s murdered.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom