Apache - Dunes (2 Viewers)

greg2313

Sitting Out
Reaction score
I have tournament set of Apache's Dunes poker chips.

I have been very happy with the set so far, putting them in play for 3 tournaments so far.

This weekend when in play one of the chips crumbled in to 7 pieces when tossed in to a pot with 8 other chips. This was my first experience with a chip crumbling. Admittedly this is my only set of Apache chips so I could be a newbie when it comes to how they wear in play.

My question to the crew: is this normal for Apache - Dunes chips ?

My cash game sets have never crumbled but are a different brand.

Any advice on if this is normal or how to avoid it going forward would be appreciated.

From all of the research I have done on the Apache CC chips, this seems to be only normal for the earlier versions. Seems a bit odd that this happened to you if you bought these brand new recently. I have a set of pharaohs from Apache in the mail and I’ll let you know if the same thing happens. They’ll be hitting the table within a few days of arriving.

I have had a set of Apache CC Pharaoh’s that I have used for a monthly tournament game for the past 2 years and outside of one chip breaking when dropped on the floor, and one chip that had a mis-applied inlay I have had no other issues.

I just received my pharaoh China clays in the mail and can honestly say if one of these chips were to crumble into bits, that would blow my mind, very well made chips! And thanks @Apache for the extra high denoms! Fantastic experience as always.

I opened a barrel of $1k Penthouse chips and it was particularly stubborn to remove the plastic. After I finally unwrapped it the chip on top broke into 5 pieces right where I was using my nail to crack the plastic wrapping. I admit I was pushing pretty hard and likely damaged it myself so I didn't bother further. Plus I have a sample set to complete the set. I've only played with the set once but I'm not worried about any crumbling in the future.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom