Cost of second hand Apache CC (2 Viewers)

Oryx

High Hand
Reaction score
What would be an appropriate amount to budget for a second hand set of either Apache Dunes or Pharaohs CCs?
In my head the number is around 25¢-30¢/chip.
It would be a cash set 5¢ (in the case of pharaohs) -$25 ($20 in the case of Dunes). 600 chips, Then I have to account for PayPal fees and CAD to USD conversion. I'm trying to figure out if it would be cheaper to buy second hand or just buy new.

Are you set on CCs? I think you could definitely get some secondhand Tina ceramics for the .25 to .30 range.

I’m thinking that used CCs are closer to .35/chip. Used Milano’s would be less.

One other thing that makes new more expensive is that quantities of 25 are required. So if you want only 60 $100’s, you still need to buy 75. This adds to the cost and effort, if you sell off the extras. Additionally, you may not find the exact denominations you desire. Some people went with $25’s, others $20’s, for example.

Either way, there are great chips at a very good price.

IMG_0901.jpeg

IMG_0885.jpeg

Are you set on CCs? I think you could definitely get some secondhand Tina ceramics for the .25 to .30 range.
I've gotten samples of just about everything. I like the CCs the most. As a Canadian Tina samples are hard to get.
Cross country banking couldn't be more difficult for some reason. PayPal charges to use their service so I don't feel like adding to my cost for no reason. I don't have a US account to Zelle which I don't think Justin even takes. I just refuse to pay a middle man when there are other free ways to make the payment.
I've gotten br pro ceramics, and Apache ceramics and CCs. Of course I love BR Pro ceramics but I can't afford that. Especially since non aligned edges are a must lol.

I’m thinking that used CCs are closer to .35/chip. Used Milano’s would be less.

One other thing that makes new more expensive is that quantities of 25 are required. So if you want only 60 $100’s, you still need to buy 75. This adds to the cost and effort, if you sell off the extras. Additionally, you may not find the exact denominations you desire. Some people went with $25’s, others $20’s, for example.

Either way, there are great chips at a very good price.

View attachment 1272030

View attachment 1272031
My order would be in rolls of 25s anyways. By the time the CDN to USD conversion goes through and I pay PayPals fee it's probably cheaper to go new. Buying direct wouldn't cost me 2% just to pay them lol. Even with a US shipping address and a way to get them back into Canada for free.

Plus, if you buy direct from @Apache you can secure a matching dealer button...enjoy them!

View attachment 1272180 View attachment 1272181
Ya the matching dealer buttons are sick. I can't decide on which set I like more. the only beef I have with Dunes is no 5¢ chip. They have a cash set with a $20 which is great. Pharaohs have a 5¢ but a $25 chip lol. I guess if you play micro you don't need a $20 and if you need a $20 you probably don't play micro.

Ya the matching dealer buttons are sick. I can't decide on which set I like more. the only beef I have with Dunes is no 5¢ chip. They have a cash set with a $20 which is great. Pharaohs have a 5¢ but a $25 chip lol. I guess if you play micro you don't need a $20 and if you need a $20 you probably don't play micro.
Same , would love a 5c Dune chip...

I suppose you could either 1) build a mixed Pharaohs/Dunes set (kinda crazy), or 2) pick any other color Dunes chip to use as the 5¢ chip and grab labels from @Gear. A bit spendy, but perfection is expensive!

P.S. The $20 Dunes chip tipped the scale for me.

IMG_0620.png

I suppose you could either 1) build a mixed Pharaohs/Dunes set (kinda crazy), or 2) pick any other color Dunes chip to use as the 5¢ chip and grab labels from @Gear. A bit spendy, but perfection is expensive!

P.S. The $20 Dunes chip tipped the scale for me.

View attachment 1272189
Ya I already reached out to hear to get a price on 5¢ labels. The one benefit of being Canadian is that gear is also a Canadian company. If I go with Dunes it'll be the yellow 1K chip I relabel.

Ya I already reached out to hear to get a price on 5¢ labels. The one benefit of being Canadian is that gear is also a Canadian company. If I go with Dunes it'll be the yellow 1K chip I relabel.
Love that Yellow chip. Wish there were more X Denomination chips.

Man it's a beautiful set. It was either the 1K or the 25K. I love the 25K but the colour is a little dull compared to the rest of the cash set. The 1K fits nice.
Yes good call, I adore the 1Ks for some reason. The scheme kinda sponge bob or something but I love it!

Just an FYI Apache has Royal $0.05 labels on their site last I looked, they sell them for 12 cents a label. https://www.apachepokerchips.com/product/royal-poker-chip-labels/

So if you are wanting to go with royals, he has the labels to make 5c.

As a Canadian who ordered the royals, I would make sure you know exactly what you want before you order, you don’t want to pay shipping twice… luckily I am 30 min from border and have been adding to my set a few times already

Just an FYI Apache has Royal $0.05 labels on their site last I looked, they sell them for 12 cents a label.

So if you are wanting to go with royals, he has the labels to make 5c
Hey thanks for the heads up. I have royal samples. I would maybe consider an oversized $100 chip one day but I don't want a full set of 43mm. Doesn't feel right to me. I love the Dunes design. I'm not in a huge rush so honestly the 3 month turn around with Gear is fine with me.

This post made me think of an alternate reality where I bought a Dunes set and stopped there. Oh, the money and time I would have saved!!! Dunes CC are nice and a big step up from dice chips! You will be happy with your purchase.

And as a Canadian the shipping does get a bit expensive... However, not as bad as many, who live outside North America.

This post made me think of an alternate reality where I bought a Dunes set and stopped there. Oh, the money and time I would have saved!!! Dunes CC are nice and a big step up from dice chips! You will be happy with your purchase.

And as a Canadian the shipping does get a bit expensive... However, not as bad as many, who live outside North America.
Ya I have my hands on samples and I really enjoy the Dunes. It was a tough choice between Dunes and Pharaoh but it went to Dunes by a margin.
Ya it's definitely a lot worse for international. For me it's just the frustration of how difficult it can be to pay for things or ship things when we are so connected land wise lol.
Im fortunate enough to live very close to the Windsor Detroit crossing. If I didn't have a family cottage nearby in the states I could still easily ship to Detroit and pick it up that way also.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom