Poker chip sample question (1 Viewer)

BigRyan

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Got samples today of the Pharaohs, Taj Mahal, and Dunes
My question is would Majestic be closer to the Pharaohs? I really like the colors in Majestic more but I forgot to order a sample set of the Majestic. Apache is out of some denominations of Majestic until January so I have some time but figured I’d ask the forum for some insight.

Bonus question, why do people use Tx to describe chip denominations but also like a starting stack amount in a tournament.
Thanks!

I have no experience with the Majestics or Pharoahs so I can't help there, but I can answer your other question.

The T in a T10k (as an example) is to indicate it's a tournament stack and not a cash value start. The WSOP at the origin used to be 1:1, but anymore you find most tournaments are a buy in for a certain number of chips. The T is an indicator that it's tournament chips.

I have no experience with the Majestics or Pharoahs so I can't help there, but I can answer your other question.

The T in a T10k (as an example) is to indicate it's a tournament stack and not a cash value start. The WSOP at the origin used to be 1:1, but anymore you find most tournaments are a buy in for a certain number of chips. The T is an indicator that it's tournament chips.
Thank you!
I figured that was what it was talking about but wanted to make sure I understood. Appreciate the response and answer

Got samples today of the Pharaohs, Taj Mahal, and Dunes
My question is would Majestic be closer to the Pharaohs? I really like the colors in Majestic more but I forgot to order a sample set of the Majestic. Apache is out of some denominations of Majestic until January so I have some time but figured I’d ask the forum for some insight.

Bonus question, why do people use Tx to describe chip denominations but also like a starting stack amount in a tournament.
Thanks!
The pharaohs, dunes and majestics are all made from very similar if not identical materials. I assume that Apache gets them all from the same manufacturer

The pharaohs, dunes and majestics are all made from very similar if not identical materials. I assume that Apache gets them all from the same manufacturer
I ordered samples of the rest that I didn’t get from Apache and going to check them out. Really like the yellow 1ks from majestic so as long as I like the feel I’ll order a majestic set when they re stock in January.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom