First order of samples came in (1 Viewer)

Oryx

High Hand
Reaction score
Got my first order of samples in from BRPro. I've never touched or even seen ceramic chips before and I have to say they feel and sound excellent!

I got Tropic Oasis, DDLM and Valentino poker room (not high rollers).

I expected to like the DDLM the most but actually after seeing them in person I really like the Tropic Oasis for my cash set and the Valentinos would make a nice tourny set. I'm not as hype on the DDLM as I thought I would be.

I'm waiting on some CCs from Apache. They're at my mom's cottage in Northern Michigan so it'll be a couple weeks before I can get my hands on them.

Excited to get my hands on those. I'm looking forward to seeing the Dunes and the Empires (which I believe are ceramics?? I could be wrong about that) also got the majestic, pharaohs and royals. I'm not sure how I feel about the pharaohs based on pics but given what happened with the Tropic oasis' the pharaohs will probably end up being my favourite of the Apaches LMAO

The only thing with the Valentinos is the colors are so muted it’s hard to tell the chips apart in low light.

Or old age. :rolleyes:

The only thing with the Valentinos is the colors are so muted it’s hard to tell the chips apart in low light.

Or old age. :rolleyes:
I never thought of that, it's a great consideration. They're so damn beautiful though lol... I'll just have to play is bright light I guess lol.
In their defence the demons on these are printed much larger than any of the other chips. Doesn't make it easier to count your opponents stacks though lol.

Or their dirty stacks, as the case may be.

Meh, screwed those posts up. Sorry.

Or their dirty stacks, as the case may be.

Meh, screwed those posts up. Sorry.
Ya I thought of the dirty stack issue with these. I like that BRPro offers the semi custom. I like their 25, 100, 500, 1K & 5K. The only thing I would switch is the 500 (purple) for the 10k (white).

I find the purple 500 would stack bad with the 5K "pink"

Attachments

• PXL_20240106_025329076.MP.jpg
    PXL_20240106_025329076.MP.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 59
  • PXL_20240106_025342086.MP.jpg
    PXL_20240106_025342086.MP.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 57
looking forward to seeing the Dunes and the Empires (which I believe are ceramics?? I could be wrong about that) also got the majestic, pharaohs and royals.
The Dunes, Pharaoh's, Majestic, and Royal chips are all china clay (labeled plastic material with additives), each on a unique mold design.

The Empire chips are printed ceramics with debossed mold markings. Lower quality than BRPro ceramics but less expensive.

If considering chips at this market price, take a look at some of the other chinese-made debossed-mold ceramic chip offerings -- cards mold, diamond mold, greek key mold hybrids, scrown mold hybrids, and web mold hybrids.

The Dunes, Pharaoh's, Majestic, and Royal chips are all china clay (labeled plastic material with additives), each on a unique mold design.

The Empire chips are printed ceramics with debossed mold markings. Lower quality than BRPro ceramics but less expensive.

If considering chips at this market price, take a look at some of the other chinese-made debossed-mold ceramic chip offerings -- cards mold, diamond mold, greek key mold hybrids, scrown mold hybrids, and web mold hybrids.
@BGinGA I appreciate the feedback. I've been messaging with Justin about getting my hands on some Oasis no mold samples. Idk if you have an opinion on those, as far as quality is concerned. When I comes to anything other than ABS slugged and ceramics I have no idea what is going on LMAO. It'll help when I get my hands on my samples from Apache. They're at a cottage in Northern Michigan and I'm in southern on. Next time a family member is in the area they will bring them back to me. Looks like it'll be early Feb

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom