WSOP Big 50 - live update thread - road to an all PCF final table (4 Viewers)

Big 50 stack. WARNING: Not for the feint of heart...

11tpqhg.png

Reminds me of exactly the Card Room Manager, CEO, Accountant discussion I posted earlier.

What’s the issue? It’s going to be roughly a 7%-8% effective rake. Pretty low for a $500 live tourney this deep.
Turns out to be an effective 5.2% rake (though my math skills aren't great without building a spreadsheet). I agree it was low (and super-low for a $500 event). Usually the players can see exactly how many players entered and immediately know how much should be returned to the players. If even one player saw the discrepancy the NGC would have them cold. In this case, nobody could possibly tell how much should be in the prize pool without an audit. 28,371 possible investigators, and not one could see a thing.

We only trust that Caesars is being fair.

If I worked for the NGC, that one-sidedness would be enough for me to take a look.

Finally got in to my 2nd tourney. The $470 HORSE at Arya. They sold out at 930am. I was alternate #47 and got seated midway through level 9. Now it's level 11 and they already let me get chip lead :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:. I've got about 85k. Long way to go though.

View attachment 295435

Nice chips! Be sure to post pics when you get the higher denom ones! I wonder why these chips aren't in the MOGH chipguide?

Finally got in to my 2nd tourney. The $470 HORSE at Arya. They sold out at 930am. I was alternate #47 and got seated midway through level 9. Now it's level 11 and they already let me get chip lead :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:. I've got about 85k. Long way to go though.

View attachment 295435

They got me. I ran my KhKd from the big blind into buttons 7s7c on 2h4h6h flop... Running 3,5

Card Room Manager: We have been vilified for the Colossus. We made millions and made it a shit-show.
CEO: Then do it again. Can you make it bigger?
Card Room Manager: A bigger shit show?
CEO: I love reporting that we had record numbers. It drives up our share price.
Card Room Manager: So bigger shit-show, or just bigger attendance?
CEO: At the end we can announce how the prize pool total was the biggest ever too.
Card Room Manager: You're not really answering my question. But I can make the prize pool bigger by not raking the initial buy-in.
Accountant: How will we get paid?
Card Room Manager: Rebuys. People will view this as the best +EV event in tournament history
Accountant: OK, let's rake the rebuys at 13%
CEO: This will be the biggest ever!
Card Room Manager: Yes, biggest event, It'll draw nearly 30,000 people! I will need more chips, especially small denoms, but top end chips as well. I'll also need chairs, tables, dealers...
Accountant: You can have $1000.

Card Room Manager: Biggest shit-show. :(
Derailing this thread to say I love this post :ROFL: :ROFLMAO::ROFL: :ROFLMAO::ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Everyone watch for my home town friend making a deep run which doesn't surprise me since he's now a pro. Joshua Suyat sitting with 5.9 mill in 35th position

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom