Whats your favorite coffee? (1 Viewer)

I’m not a coffee drinker at all. I will have one with some Irish Cream during a poker game and another the next morning if we played until 4am which is pretty typical.

So my favorite coffee is anything highly caffeinated and fortified with alcohol.:D
I take my caffeine and alcohol separately, TYVM.

Ben bought a new coffee pot, he said he wanted stronger coffee and more of it, so the Keurig wasnt cutting it lol his favorite is death wish coffee.
I think he made tar :nailbite:

20201127_184043.jpg

Haven't had that issue yet!

He did mention getting a french press too at some point lol
So, they are kinda a pain in the ass to clean out. You need to wash them out of the pot but you don't want to put them down your sink, it's pretty rough on the plumbing. I put 3 spoonfuls of coffee grounds in a cold brew bag, plop the bag into a french press and add almost boiling water, wait ~30 minutes(without the bag it's 7 minutes), and then pour off the coffee.

I use cafe du monde which is intended for you to add cream to and it's go the color of mississippi mud. Quite strong in flavor and quite 'heavy'.

So, they are kinda a pain in the ass to clean out. You need to wash them out of the pot but you don't want to put them down your sink, it's pretty rough on the plumbing. I put 3 spoonfuls of coffee grounds in a cold brew bag, plop the bag into a french press and add almost boiling water, wait ~30 minutes(without the bag it's 7 minutes), and then pour off the coffee.

I use cafe du monde which is intended for you to add cream to and it's go the color of mississippi mud. Quite strong in flavor and quite 'heavy'.
Okay also good to know, sounds like the difference in brew time might be worth some of the cleaning time in return.
Haven't heard of that before so will be checking it out! Black (Coffee) Friday 2020!

My cousins went to Tennessee for a vacation recently and came back with this cup for me... metal and ceramic I guess... it's not bad for an old logger boy! Very rustic!! But...
20201127_185813.jpg

Not very deep... think I need the gallon version!

@JeepologyOffroad do you offer the scrub donkey mugs in gallon size?

As far as coffee Death Wish is having a sale!! Hello 5 pound bag of beans!! Got my new grinder all ready to go!!

Okay also good to know, sounds like the difference in brew time might be worth some of the cleaning time in return.
Haven't heard of that before so will be checking it out! Black (Coffee) Friday 2020!
So I set it up to brew, then take a shower, have breakfast, and it's good to go.

I can drink like a coke or something with dinner without being up late due to caffeine, but if I have that coffee after say noon I'm up at 2 in the morning.

So I set it up to brew, then take a shower, have breakfast, and it's good to go.

I can drink like a coke or something with dinner without being up late due to caffeine, but if I have that coffee after say noon I'm up at 2 in the morning.
Excellent! I didn't know the French press would increase the caffeine also, or is it just the brand of coffee you use?

Ohh I'm going to have the whole pot this evening!! I can drink it and go to sleep.

But man Death Wish is the Shite!! If you like black tar!!

Just read this from Rolling Stone recently...about Tom Petty and the search for the perfect cup of coffee. Worth a read.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ro...tty-death-biographer-warren-zanes-731414/amp/
Definitely a good read other than Maxwell house sucks!! Lol

I get that wasn't the point, but it is really really bad when I have had it!! Funny that was a subject that interested Petty so much though...

It saddens me that Mr. Petty may not have ever had a cup of Death Wish!! He probably would have said "flush this crap down the toilet!!" Lmao

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom