Whats your favorite coffee? (2 Viewers)

For the record whom ever said a pot of super caffeinated coffee in the evening was a bad idea... well, you were right! Btw for the record at 2 am... it's kind of boring on PCF.... but if you need to know any of the 45,000 listing for poker chips on eBay... just ask! I think I have been through them all... up next mapping the cosmos, the cure for cancer... and a logical argument for which really did come first. The chicken or the egg???

Oh and Death Wish is still delicious! Just may go with something with a bit less umph in the evening next time! Lmao

IMG_1323.jpg

Not fair!! That looks delicious and definitely not on my diet plan!! Lol

I miss the morning of Brie making me a big ass plate of fresh biscuits and overflowing sausage gravy... of course that's how I got in this mess!! If I'm lucky I might get a pear in a few hours... Lol
What wasn't shown was the next picture where I took two of them off the plate and put them on my daughter's plate. Had one and sent the rest downstairs to my wife and mother in law. I don't get to make breakfast for the family often so when I do I try to make it worthwhile.

Dave

So, they are kinda a pain in the ass to clean out. You need to wash them out of the pot but you don't want to put them down your sink, it's pretty rough on the plumbing. I put 3 spoonfuls of coffee grounds in a cold brew bag, plop the bag into a french press and add almost boiling water, wait ~30 minutes(without the bag it's 7 minutes), and then pour off the coffee.

I use cafe du monde which is intended for you to add cream to and it's go the color of mississippi mud. Quite strong in flavor and quite 'heavy'.
I used to throw the grinds in my garden. But yeah, I got rid of it for the same reason.

I used to throw the grinds in my garden. But yeah, I got rid of it for the same reason.
so I'd dump the grounds into the trash, then I'd fill it with water, dump it in the garden, fill it with water, dump it in the garden, fill it with water, dump it in the garden. That got most of it.

I put whatever grounds are on sale into my 30 year old Mr. Coffee, with cold water. Whatever comes out is delicious with sugar and half and half.

I put whatever grounds are on sale into my 30 year old Mr. Coffee, with cold water. Whatever comes out is delicious with sugar and half and half.
ahh, the old, 'I like milk fat and sugar' version. Delightful!

Couldn't say no to 20% off on the Death Wish website!! Hello 5 pound bag of beans!!
Screenshot_20201128-123137_Email.jpg

$30 for a hat is too much... hell $24 for a hat is too much!!

But yall know about me and Pirates!! I can't say no to the skull and cross bones!! Needed a new Black hat for the collection anyways!!

Brie had a cup of the good stuff this morning and it gave her the shakes!! Lol extremely high caffeine in these beans!!

For context I have to say, I don't consider myself a coffee snob even the slightest. But I need that shit as fuel at work. And being a night owl, also as a wake up help.

I can't stand coffee that leaves a bad taste in my mouth, and my innards apparently don't like the bad quality stuff either (as well as pretty much anything that comes out of a regular filter coffee machine) so I needed to invest a little. Got myself a small bean-to-cup machine a year ago and looked for higher quality coffee from the local roasters around here instead of the industrial crap from the supermarket.

After having tried lots of different varieties, my go-to coffee now is a Kona blend (pure is overkill/way too expensive for my "use case") from a small-ish local roaster which was founded by a former software developer.

DSC_0424-1.jpg

I used to always drink my coffee with milk to drown the typical sourness of the cheap supermarket brands. But this stuff is so extremely smooth that I drink it black. Saves money on milk and time walking to the fridge and back. Laziness wins! And being a blend it's somewhat affordable, 25€ per kilogram, a tiny bit below the max I would potentially be willing to spend.

I wonder how godlike the pure Kona must taste... but then again, coffee is nothing but a tool to me, and the much cheaper blend already does the trick for me.

Has anyone tried this super fancy coffee for the stupid rich, Kopi Luwak? Made of beans that wild cats eat, partially digest and shit out...

so I'd dump the grounds into the trash, then I'd fill it with water, dump it in the garden, fill it with water, dump it in the garden, fill it with water, dump it in the garden. That got most of it.
Sounds like you could use an aeropress.

How was it? You guys are making me want to order some Death Wish again.
I have not cracked a can of that stuff yet!! The coffee already has extreme caffeine... and they add even more to it!! 300mg in a 10 oz can!! But I am very curious on how it tastes!! 15 calories for the whole can... I don't think that will hurt the diet!

That looks like more calories than I am allotted for a week! For the record... dieting sucks!!
It's basically an adult milk shake. I also think it's more calories than any human is safely alloted in a week. Did a 1200 calories hike this morning so I think this just about gets me to level.

It's basically an adult milk shake. I also think it's more calories than any human is safely alloted in a week. Did a 1200 calories hike this morning so I think this just about gets me to level.
Do you mix about half / half ? And add milk. Or no milk.

It's some salted caramel vodka and coffee liquor over ice. Like 2:1 ratio. Splash of heavy cream.

When I was putting the cream away I noticed we still had whipped cream from thanksgiving so shot some on top for fun.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom