Whats your favorite coffee? (3 Viewers)

Screen Shot 2020-06-17 at 8.06.12 PM.png

I love coffee but feel overwhelmed with the choices, someone tell me what to like!
That's exactly how I felt in 2006, but it was for poker chips, not coffee. "Overwhelmed" is an understatement.

My iced coffee: Espresso, sweetened condensed milk, hot water, and ice. Yummy!

I'm looking for my favorite coffee beans. For now, this is what I'm using. Arabica beans from Peru, roasted in Canada.

20200617_190229.jpg

That's exactly how I felt in 2006, but it was for poker chips, not coffee. "Overwhelmed" is an understatement.

My iced coffee: Espresso, sweetened condensed milk, hot water, and ice. Yummy!

I'm looking for my favorite coffee beans. For now, this is what I'm using. Arabica beans from Peru, roasted in Canada.

View attachment 477194
I like to keep ethics out of my coffee thank you very much. Sorry couldn't help myself :D

What is that crazy coffee @Pokerdweebz and @thewhistler make? That stuff is amazing too!! Even though she told me I was crazy to drink it black!!! Lmao dark roast cold coffee I can drink all day but I think they call it Crack Coffee and my heart would probably explode!!

We get the beans from a local shop (whiff roasters). Coarse ground 10 to 1 by weight water vs coffee. Room temp brew for 24 hours

We ordered the 100% Kona coffee from Amazon. It was $70 per pound, and pretty darn good

Kona is amazing! Especially since four times more Kona coffee is sold every year than Kona produces. :confused

Supposedly, 90% of Kona's actual production goes to Japan. Now, paying $70/lb.might change all that... :cool

Any brand of 100% Kona, although Fresh Market has the best tasting one I've found so far... That's for home brewing, using whole beans only - nothing like fresh ground! For a quick trip through the drive thru - Dunkin for sure!

If I must taste coffee, I want the full effect, and I want it to be over quickly. I get nice fresh beans from a local roaster (South Bend, IN), who supplies them quickly to my local Whole Foods, espresso blend. I don't mind espresso so much.

I buy green beans and roast it myself, been doing that for a few months now. Currently going through a couple pounds of Guatemalan Huehuetenango.

Last edited:
I seem to recall a thread from Chiptalk where someone found a bullet casing in their coffee beans. Anyone else recall that?

I'm sipping Melitta, cheapest grocery store bag of whole beans by the pound.

Nice thread! I noticed my coffee preference change as fast as my favorite chip set.

My favorite when i used to grind my own was peaberry Kona from the Bad Ass Coffee Company.

s477168157914396800_p104_i2_w600.jpeg

Not cheap though. For dine in, love the Bluestone Lane coffee shops. There is one kind of close to my house, but there is a location being planned at my work, so hopefully it will be open by the time we are allowed back in the office.

MG_3567-1280x893.jpg

My favorite when i used to grind my own was peaberry Kona from the Bad Ass Coffee Company.
Hey, I remember these guys! A friend brought me some from Hawaii years ago (along with a mug that I still have somewhere). They opened a couple locations in Orlando maybe 10 years ago, but for some reason they didn't last long.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom