What is your favorite CPC mold? (1 Viewer)

Tanner Kaza

Two Pair
Reaction score
If I overlooked a thread and there is good info out there I would appreciate a heads up, but I couldn't find much discussion all on one thread.

What is your favorite CPC mold if money was not the determining factor?

Would appreciate feedback on this, as I have not handled nearly all of the molds that CPC offers and I am getting more serious about placing an order over the next several months.

And yes I have a Color sample currently.

Feedback appreciated!

Diamond Square > Circle Square > B Mold > Jockey > Horsehead > Elephant and Crown > FLD > A Crest > H Mold > Hour Glass > Cards and Dice for me.

All great btw...

Last edited:
DSQ FTW!

aperture02raycol-jpg.138532

3D model courtesy of @Ray-Col

The best molds are the ones that work best with the inlay.

For example...

A or B molds: When the name of the chipset starts with A or B
E&C: Circus theme, royalty, or Southeast Asia
H-Mold or DSQ: 1950s classic chip

Of course, some molds hold larger inlays, so this is a factor to consider as well.

Picking the best in a vacuum is a fool's errand.

I have only played or sampled six of the twelve. Still need to put my paws on DiSq, B, Jockey, E&C, DieCar, and Scroll before knowing with certainty which is my absolute favorite.

I'd be stoked with a chip set on just about any of them, really.

This is a very personal preference. I have the H mold because my last name starts with "H." However, I have always liked the Horse Head mold also.

I own chips on all the current produced CPC molds including the Ewing and have chip sets on: DiaSqr, HHR, H-mold, A-mold, DieCar, Jockey & FLD.

Can't pick a favorite one, it really depends on a lot of factors. There is one mold I don't personally like and that is Hourglass. All are great for certain needs/sets (I even like the DieCar mold).

If rating them on a combination of looks, feel, and sound, my personal preferences are:

Jockey, Diamond-Square, B-mold, Horsehead, A-mold, and Circle-Square, probably in that order. Probably not coincidental that all six have an outer concentric ring (ala THC).

I don't really care much for FDL, Scroll, H-mold, Elephant & Crown, Hourglass, Cards & Dice, or the plain no-mold. And none of those seven has an outer ring (ala RHC, fwiw).

Not to say that there aren't chips out there on some of those last seven molds that I really like...... just that most of 'em would be better if they had been made on one of the other six. :)

What is your favorite CPC mold if money was not the determining factor?

And yes I have a Color sample currently.

Feedback appreciated!

I'm partial to any of the molds that take a 1-inch inlay.

Don't get me wrong. There is NOTHING wrong with the smaller inlay molds (those designed to take 7/8 at the largest). There are countless examples of BEAUTIFUL cpc's here with inlays of that size.

It's just personal preference for me.

So, to answer your question, barring cost, I like them in this order:

1) Elephant and Crown
2) A
3) Hourglass
4) B
5) Fleur

If Ewing was available to us it would be number 1 on my list.

I would have had my custom set on the CSQ mold, however, I really wanted an Oversized $20. This is why my custom is on the A-mold (however A-mold works really well with the meaning behind my set).
These are what I like in order:
1. Circle Square
2. Elephant and Crown
3. A-mold
4. A-Mold 44mm
5. Jockey

Get exactly what you want for your custom set...You may have it forever.
(see my history and set in the link in my signature)

Without an inlay:
MD 50 aka Diamond square
HHR=Circle/square=hmold
Then Jockey, scroll, Bmold
FDL
Despise A mold. Oh well.

That being said, the chip theme and inlay are critical components in choosing a mold. My favorite set that I have produced comes on one of my least favorite molds. I am ever trying to make a set on the MD50 mold, but can’t seem to get it done.

Most of my experience is with the sets I own... of these, I prefer the CSQ mold, the EnC, then the A-Mold. But I think each mold has a unique fit depending on the theme... so I like CSQ for my Fat Tire Cash set, but not for other sets necessarily.

B0C994EF-102D-44B8-A774-2AD3726A87FD.jpeg
AB440EC9-4462-46CB-9D48-4C61CF91D58F.jpeg
98011B4B-1B3D-4D26-AE7E-508988ACBC0D.jpeg

Awesome sets!

In your opinion which of these shuffle the best?

It really depends... how do you define best. It’s so subjective. Sound, texture, ease, etc... i enjoy shuffling them all, and my enjoyment level goes up relative to the amount of the chips in front of me.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom