CPC Inlay Questions (1 Viewer)

digirati

3 of a Kind
Supporter
Reaction score
I've uploaded my cash game chip set into the CPC Chip Design Tool and I'm wondering if "POKER ROOOM" is going to be too small when printed. Everything looks nice when it's blown up on the screen. When I try printing at scale, and placing the print out next to the white sample chip from CPC, I think my text is a bit too small, but I'm not sure. It could be because I used a low resolution jpg in the design tool for testing, but the printed inlays are actually 300 DPI Illustrator files. Any and all comments would be greatly appreciated.

Do any of you that ordered CPC sets have any thoughts/comments? What size font did you use for your smaller text (if any) and can you upload a photo so I can see how they turned out? I don't want to blow it!

Cash Set Final - v4 inlay test.png

Blue Inlay Test v4.jpg

If you want a bit more detail you can see this post or our updated version of that post on our FAQ.
This is very helpful, thank you. I'm getting my chips from CPC, do these file spec recommendations work for them, or only if ordering custom labels from your company? I've never done a custom chip order. I believe CPC provides the labels, yes?

This is very helpful, thank you. I'm getting my chips from CPC, do these file spec recommendations work for them, or only if ordering custom labels from your company? I've never done a custom chip order. I believe CPC provides the labels, yes?
:cool
Confirm with CPC, but my guess is if it works for us it works for them too.

… but the printed inlays are actually 300 DPI Illustrator files.
I’m a bit confused by this line. Illustrator files are vector and shouldn’t have a resolution, unless there’s a raster file placed in them. Does part of the ai file contain a placed Photoshop or other image file inside?

I’m a bit confused by this line. Illustrator files are vector and shouldn’t have a resolution, unless there’s a raster file placed in them. Does part of the ai file contain a placed Photoshop or other image file inside?
I believe it has to do with the output. It's mentioned in their template instructions, but I'm not a designer.

It depends on how clear you want it to be.

Also, I can’t recall if scrown chips have a smooth or textured inlay. If smooth, you’ll have a better chance of them being legible. But I’d bump up the font a touch.

It could use some scaling, for sure. Add about 4-5%.
Another way to verify your chips it is to open each chip on your cellphone, and pinch it down to the size of a chip you lay on your screen. Wysiwyg.

I'm pretty sure it's too small. You have some room to vertically scale it if you want to keep the positioning the same.

Nice design!

CPC says their crowns have a smooth inlay.
For all intents and purposes, small crown are "smooth". They aren't perfectly smooth like the inlay on a FDL mold is, but they might as well be. You might notice a hint of texture in the inlay area in the photos below.

The printing can be more detailed than you think, and is basically limited by the resolution of the images you send. These are up close photos with my ancient phone, but I think they show the level of detail that can be attained. You aren't going to reproduce the Sistine Chapel ceiling on an inlay, but a lot of detail can be printed.

AD-CPC-detail-1.jpg

AD-CPC-detail-2-.jpg

Apologies for the large images. I brought the size down enough to keep these from being abusively large files, but also to preserve as much detail as possible. The ruler on top of the chip is the mm/cm scale to show the smallest of details.

I sent 600 DPI files to CPC, and if these are breaking down in detail, it's probably near the threshold of what CPC can print. These are as detailed as I was seeing on my screen while generating the images, and at the level you will never notice in regular play. Only the most OCD detail-freaks with super-human vision or a magnifying glass will notice details (or defects ??) at this level. In the end, what is being printed is one-inch across and the very small amount of real estate is the ultimate limiter of what can be done.

Hope these help demonstrate the detail level CPC can print.

I am an untrained dabbler, former commercial printing company experience. I don't know the point size of your text. Just from my own experience I would not use anything on a chip that is smaller than 10 points (do they still use point sizes?). I don't know if you can increase the size of the text where it is, to make it more readable. Have you considered moving the words "poker room" to a conventional arc along the bottom of the design and moving the denom up a bit?
Best of Luck, and yeah, at CPC prices you don't want a mess-up.

Best of Luck, and yeah, at CPC prices you don't want a messup.
I'll probably just bump up the font size where it is, or choose a slightly different font for POKER ROOM.

I'm also about to "panic add" hundreds of chips to my cash and tournament sets so I don't underestimate my needs. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: I'm sure CPC won't mind the extra moolah!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom