Feedback on cash set (1 Viewer)

BarbaraBooey143

High Hand
Reaction score
Hello, I've been messing around on the CPC design tool. I'm curious if anyone has feedback on the colors, spots, and inlay? I customized the inlay from a template online; I'd probably hire an artist to edit it before making a purchase.

Also, I'm not really dead-set on CPC. I just used the design tool to map out my ideas. Are there other design tools to customize ceramics?

I appreciate any feedback.

View attachment 1288969

This is quite nice! At a minimum, it's a very good start that probably isn't leaning on a lot of input or work to make a good set.

First and most obvious, most of the text on the inlay is much too small. I can barely read the text below the name and the denomination text is impossible to read. My suggestion to every designer, myself included, is to print the inlay at the size it will be on the chip and hold it out at arm's length. Put a few out on a table at the distance you expect the pot to be in your game. See how it looks there. We see so many fine details on screen that disappear at full size when printed that's easy to get lost in those details. If you can't read it on the table, why bother with those details?

I'd lose the scroll/filigree detail at the bottom to give yourself more space to work with. Maybe use that space for the denomination rather squeezed in the space in the shield.

I'm not a proponent of the typical "spot-progression" as we tend to think about it here (most complex spots on the highest denomination chips), but your overall progression here is nice and works well. The 1k is an oddball, progression or otherwise, as you have decided to deviate from a smooth progression to "crazy for crazy sake". It doesn't fit anywhere in the progression. The rest are nice, and I like that you have put some of the more eye-catching spots on the chips that will spend more time on the felt that others (I'm assuming this is a cash/tournament set with 1s being on the felt a bit). I have played with the spot/color combo on your 25 a few times and couldn't make it fit with what I was building, so I like it for that reason alone! :tup:

This is a rather good start and I'm sure you will get plenty of other input as time goes on. It's always good to get input from the group, but in the end it it your custom set, so don't be afraid to do what makes you happiest.

I like it overall. A little too much repetitive with bright white, also don’t think it fits on that $1 chip. Don’t like the left chip on the bottom row, looks miss placed in the line-up. I would also consider arc yellow for that one rather than yellow if doing CPC.

As a CPC set, these are all quite high level patterns and that means $$$$.
You can do this as ceramic for much less money, but make sure you know where the compromises are. Personally, I don't think ceramics should go out of their way to pose as clays.

I like the concept of ceramics. Are there any design tools that are geared towards ceramics?

Here is my draft #2.

View attachment 1289563

Last edited:
Unless you've got loads of money to blow, I would recommend slowing wayyyyyyy down. Well designed sets are the result of tons of thought. I did the same thing as you, so I say this with lots of empathy. Keep playing around but also spend time reading here and don't play to actually submit any type of order any time soon. If you haven't yet thought through the type of chip you're ages away from getting feedback on a specific mock up.

Some folks like @Josh Kifer and @JeepologyOffroad have mastered this art to the extent of doing pure art without theme but I think most of the best stuff comes from theme and aesthetic motivation first.

I think a great starting point would be to read through everything in @Taghkanic phenomenal design thread for his Hoyle Harvest chips.

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/anatomy-of-a-chipset-design.111735/#post-2303142

Keep playing in the designer! But slow down! Enjoy the process. Come back in 6 months and ask us to review something

Hello, I've been messing around on the CPC design tool. I'm curious if anyone has feedback on the colors, spots, and inlay? I customized the inlay from a template online; I'd probably hire an artist to edit it before making a purchase.

Also, I'm not really dead-set on CPC. I just used the design tool to map out my ideas. Are there other design tools to customize ceramics?

I appreciate any feedback.

View attachment 1288969
The white chips is beautiful. Congrats on the design

I like the concept of ceramics. Are there any design tools that are geared towards ceramics?

Here is my draft #2. Still not sure if I like the 1k chip.

View attachment 1289563
I prefer the first version of the $1 to this one. This looks almost tropical, and I think it is too bright to fit the classy/elegant inlay design.

I also wonder if the denoms will be large enough. Have you considered having one side say Russa Poker Club with the curlycue designs on top and bottom with the other side featuring the denom more prominently?

Also, that purple $1000 is fire!

Will you be using a $5000 chip in your cash set? if so do you also need $1's? Or will this set cover tournament roles?

What exact stakes will you be using this cash set for? consider adding an option to play up to 2 blind levels above and 1 level below your typical blind levels for versatility.... with a custom set you intend to keep and use lots.

I really like the canary blurple 1/4 chip. Would make for an amazing NVC chip.

Not nearly enough pictures.

In 10 seconds, AI can outperform 99% of professional artists.
David Oyelowo Thats Not True GIF by Paramount+

back on track the image would be difficult to translate onto a chip given the amount of detail. More simple graphics with less overall colour combinations may show up better on a chip. Failing that you could try a black and white design....Or even a hot stamp with a desired lined image. Review the level design cost on the website your a using for the designer for reference to the costs of edge spots and colours used in your designs.

-perhaps on your next AI request (please stop feeding sky-net...) ask for more refined detail for a more usable image.

I like theme. Think the chips look great as well.

Do you think they look good?

Overall, I like them. But open to suggestions. I probably won't order for a few more months.

Better than an outright copy of the Bellagio inlay. Consider lightening up the charcoal grey inlay background. Or maybe even a slight gradient from darker center to lighter edge.

Thanks, good idea. I added a slight gradient, and changed some of the edge spots.

cash.png

Last edited:
Overall, I like them. But open to suggestions. I probably won't order for a few more months.

Thanks, good idea. I added a slight gradient, and changed some of the edge spots.

View attachment 1301863
Solid improvement. $100 is a nice combo of colors and the mold choice is great. I think with all the complexities in the lower denominations you could fancy up the $5k a bit to continue the flow.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom