What do you use for sending invites and confirming attendance to your home games? App/Software/Website/??? (1 Viewer)

monkeydog

Flush
Reaction score
Hey all,

Just wondering what you all use for sending invites and confirming attendance at your home games. Currently I send a group text to all my regulars and then track who is attending manually - and usually field a half dozen texts of "how many are coming?".

I'd love if there was an easy way for all invited to see who has confirmed and to automate the process a bit.

I've got a private facebook group that I'll send event invites out through. Works pretty well. Still need a few reminders though. Can't beat 1 on 1 communication.

I got away from group messages because it’s easier to manage the maybes. Most of the maybes want to know if the game is “good”. I always tell them it is and that becomes a self fulfilling prophesy. It is definitely inefficient though because I have to have 30 separate text message threads + a notepad where I track status for each person.

www.signupgenius.com

Similar to Evite except it allows me to create 9 slots that players are signing up for and 4 slots that represent the waitlist if the first 9 are full.

That was the key feature that I was looking for.

Works by sending emails. I haven’t really explored the options for text messaging.

I use Mailchimp - the free version has a lot of features and you can track who opened the email and resend to the non-opens.

It's still not a perfect solution though, since many people prefer texts and FB messages over email.

Old school: email + Google Groups.

Tuesday mornings (for the weekly Tuesday tourney) and 3-5 days ahead of time for monthly-ish Friday night cash games, host sends an email to the group. Players respond yes or no. No response and "maybe" are considered a no.

It's not automated but requires minimal work to track who's coming, and everyone in the group can see the responses, so no worries about answering 15 different "Is the game good?" or "Is there a game tonight?" texts.

Last edited:
I was originally using Apple messenger since pretty much everyone has an iPhone. Recently, a couple have joined that are on Android so we switched to WhatsApp. The problem is that some don't check WhatsApp so I end up having to send to both.

Signup Genius. It's golden. Email to the group to remind them. PM me if you want an example link to my signup.

Tried everything, always come back to Evite - free and simple and customizable. Nothing else comes close for me.

I used to use Evite and really enjoyed it. My friends kept making fun of me and would RSVP for like 20 people.... Too bad my friends don't act like adults lol.

Anyway Evite is cool as it tracks RSVP so you can see how many people are in.

I have reverted to texting though now.

Group email and excel file. Its worked so far, but I'm always looking for better ways.

I used to use Evite and really enjoyed it. My friends kept making fun of me and would RSVP for like 20 people.... Too bad my friends don't act like adults lol.

Anyway Evite is cool as it tracks RSVP so you can see how many people are in.

I have reverted to texting though now.

Evite let's you set it so your friends can't bring 'guests' - that would end those shenanigans real quick!

I use the Home Poker System:
http://www.homepokersystem.com

@T_Chan uses this and I found it pretty easy to use so I started using it.

Only some of my players actually RSVP, but I update it myself and it helps keep track of stats, etc.

The only downside is that since I have started using it I have gone on a winning streak! Looks bad when inviting new players when I have won 9/21 games last season and the first 3 games this season!

Grant

Evite

It supports email and text notifications for your invite list. Tracks yes, no, and maybes.
My "maybes" are usually no shows.

Whatsapp group that has 20+ players. Game is every sunday and by thursday, people start confirming. Usually it's first come first served so there is no room for maybes

Whatsapp group that has 20+ players. Game is every sunday and by thursday, people start confirming. Usually it's first come first served so there is no room for maybes

I am jealous of this. I want to get to the place where my table "autofills" prior to game day.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom