What non-standard games do you play in your home game? (1 Viewer)

Don’t knock it til you’ve tried it
I'll try.

So far the only reactions I got were
  • "What the f*ck"
  • "So you trade a card and that changes the board, so the first to act actually doesn't get to see the board"
  • "All I have to do is bloat the pot until everyone that works for money has to fold"
  • "Cant we just put money in the blender and see who has the guts to pull it out."

I'll try.

So far the only reactions I got were
  • "What the f*ck"
  • "So you trade a card and that changes the board, so the first to act actually doesn't get to see the board"
  • "All I have to do is bloat the pot until everyone that works for money has to fold"
  • "Cant we just put money in the blender and see who has the guts to pull it out."

The buy/trades go into/come out of your hand. The boards are static.

we use to play .. (now just 100% no limit texas holdem)
deuces and jacks, man with the axe, natural pair of 7's takes all

P.S. There is actually some skill in this game. (I’m a winning Rosie player overall.)

Mainly has to do with being able to fold—many cannot seem to manage that. Also pushing your edge with the high, not getting quartered with only the low without correct odds, and honestly just good board reading. Surprising how many people fail to see the nuts either high or low when it’s right out there.

Playing blindly aggressive to bloat then push people out of pots is not generally a winning strategy long-term.

Bluffing opportunities are rare and dangerous.. but occasionally someone who only has one-half of it (high or low, not both) manages to push someone off the other half.

As to “awful”… I introduced a guy to this game who was making all sorts of faces as the rules were explained. Ivy League math guy, young aggressive player. Exactly who you think should hate Rosie. Now he’s hooked.

Last edited:
P.S. There is actually some skill in this game. (I’m a winning Rosie player overall.)

Mainly has to do with being able to fold—many cannot—pushing your edge with the high, not getting quartered with only the low without correct odds, and honestly just good board reading. Surprising how many people fail to see the nuts either high or low when it’s right out there.

Playing blindly aggressive to bloat then push people out of pots is not generally a winning strategy long-term.

As to “awful”… I introduced a guy to this game who was making all sorts of faces as the rules were explained. Ivy League math guy, young aggressive player. Exactly who you think should hate Rosie. Now he’s hooked.
Maybe It'll play at a meetup. I thought Scarney would be bad, yet it is now my favorite circus game.

I'll reserve further judgement until I see @bergs getting stacked. He has the most honest reactions after a few margaritas.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom