Good App for Home Game Scheduling/Inviting? (1 Viewer)

Headband

Sitting Out
Reaction score
I run a home cash game in Seattle and am looking for a good app to use to schedule, invite, send notifications, wait list, etc the players in my game. I have about 35 on the invite list but can only host 10. My neighbor, who also has a game and is a software developer, wrote an app that we use but it's not super reliable and we always have to resend invites. It's nice though because it allows us to prioritize those who commit early, has a wait list, and will promote players form the wait list when people cancel before the game.

Is there a good app or website site that you all are familiar with that does this well? The key (obviously) is the max player limit of 10. You can't just send out a party invite if not everyone can attend.

Thanks.

It would be nice to have something better than Evite. With Evite you used to be able to set the max attendance and then it was first come, first served.

It would be nice to have something better than Evite. With Evite you used to be able to set the max attendance and then it was first come, first served.
You still can set the max but they made it very difficult to get to now.

I don't know how you can make your app/site so much worse but they did.

I'm looking for something better but still using evite in the meantime.

I've had a lot of success using Discord with the RaidOrganizer bot. I host many various get togethers, so this setup lets me announce all of the different events in one place, and all my friends easily receive notifications for exactly whichever ones they are interested in attending and can RSVP.

Workflow:
>Create event in discord
>Send 1 message with a tag for the type of game (for example, "Next @poker game is posted"
>Discord will notify everyone who is interested in poker but won't bother anyone who isn't
>They sign themselves up for the event

Once I create the event, I don't have to deal with anything else myself. It's a little work to set up and your players have to have a Discord account. But it works insanely well.

I use the Band App, simple and lots of tracking options. Very flexible in my opinion.

It's under "Guest Options" on the "Add Guests" page but you probably have to scroll down.. it's at the bottom of that window

But no "maybe" reply option for guests

I use the Band App, simple and lots of tracking options. Very flexible in my opinion.
I'd love to hear more about your experience with it. So do all of your players have to use the app to update whether they're playing or not?

I'd love to hear more about your experience with it. So do all of your players have to use the app to update whether they're playing or not?
Yes. That’s why the PCF app is great. They don’t have to join and they simply need to click a button. You can track all attendance without any signups.

Yes but I believe it has other options that are available. I'm just not sure what they are. Not sure but I think you can set up individuals for text only options?

I also post all of my house rules, league rules, schedule, and "things to know" info on there. My goal is for it to be used as a resource (hopefully) for my players as well.

I can track who's coming for a head count and I can set a limit for the amount of players I can host. If the limit fills up it creates a wait list. I give a chip bonus for early RSVP's and I can also set a deadline for that was well. You can also allow "maybe" option for your players if you want as well as other custom options. For each event you create you can invite all members or select individual members. I've used it for 3 years now and I probably haven't even used all of the options available.

It's free and has a ton of options for hosting, helps me out ton!

I use partiful (which admittedly is aimed towards not poker and generally early 20s folks). It's pretty simple and does the job. It lets you create a max limit, manages the waitlist for you (promotes folks automatically when people leave or if you decide to add more spots). It also lets you automatically send text reminders. You can also send mass texts specifically to those who got on the list/those who are invited but haven't rsvp'd, and those on the waiting list. you do have to make an account but you only have to provide a phone number and a name. no password or anything. No app required either.

I use partiful (which admittedly is aimed towards not poker and generally early 20s folks). It's pretty simple and does the job. It lets you create a max limit, manages the waitlist for you (promotes folks automatically when people leave or if you decide to add more spots). It also lets you automatically send text reminders. You can also send mass texts specifically to those who got on the list/those who are invited but haven't rsvp'd, and those on the waiting list. you do have to make an account but you only have to provide a phone number and a name. no password or anything. No app required either.
Sounds like exactly like the resource that was built for the forum but maybe with an easier to user interface.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom