Tortuga (1 Viewer)

saleen121212

Full House
Reaction score
I just got this back from @Gear. Mock up pron below. Please post any feedback on design and chips. The 5 would change to a yellow eventually (ideally Empress Star secondary T1000). The green might become black, either way green or black for 20. Pink is quarter. Really torn as I love the paris label on the dollars but want a customish to me set.

Note: the current label looks lighter but it's the same colors as the Deadman's Bay chips below once printed.

One idea I'm already playing with is using a silhouette of the island instead of a ship, even though I dig the pirate ship theme. Don't wanna copy bentax too much though.

Design was inspired by bellagio and @bentax1978 deadman bay

Screenshot_20181030-190804_Hangouts.jpg
Screenshot_20181030-191942_Chrome.jpg

how did you do that (tag Ronoh with another name)

The easiest way to do it is to write the post using Ronoh and post reply. It'll auto-matically enter the code, then you can go back and edit it, changing Ronoh to Fink.

If you know what user number Ronoh is, you can manually type the forum code.

Thoughts on chip choices? I have even gotten the 5s in the mail and want to replace them already lol. Really want a yellow 5 (I know it's going to be hard). I could use the green chips as 20s if the shaped inlay doesn't show through the labels from gear and that leaves room for a black hundo down the road. I just really don't need that much in my bank right now so I'd like to stick to quarter, 1, 5, 20.

I really wouldn't worry about copying this design...something tells me it was around befor Dan chose it anyway :coffee:

Well, with blue 1, yellow 5, and white 100, you're already well into California colors, so a black 20 would match. (25 in that system would be purple.)

Well, with blue 1, yellow 5, and white 100, you're already well into California colors, so a black 20 would match. (25 in that system would be purple.)

Black 20 was the original goal. Finding the Yellow 5 seems to be the issue.

So since we’re slagging the Bellagio/Aria design...

...the one thing that I dislike about the set is how the denomination is spelled out. I don’t like that the “Cents” and “Dollars” text is way bigger than the number text. Personally, I think it should be reversed:

FIVEdollars

/rant

So since we’re slagging the Bellagio/Aria design...

...the one thing that I dislike about the set is how the denomination is spelled out. I don’t like that the “Cents” and “Dollars” text is way bigger than the number text. Personally, I think it should be reversed:

FIVEdollars

/rant
I also would change that if it was my label. Or at least equal.

He posted around Halloween. If he has his PMs set to email him, he might wander back if you PM him.

Fink really is a good dude. I wish he was around more. I enjoyed his perspectives.

His set is just too good, it is exactly what I want from a pirate set and I can't come up with anything close to that good. I would love to copy it just for home use and not even post Pron here, but I would feel guilty lol. Wish I could buy part of his set or just the art for the label.

Talk to one of the designers here, get them to help you create your own design. They’ll have lots of ideas, and in the end you will be more happy going that route than just copying another design.

He posted around Halloween. If he has his PMs set to email him, he might wander back if you PM him.

Fink really is a good dude. I wish he was around more. I enjoyed his perspectives.
I agree. We need to create the bring back @Ronoh movement.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom