Tomorrow... (1 Viewer)

WedgeRock

Royal Flush
Reaction score
...not going in to the office. Picking Ace and Deuce up from school at noon, as they are playing in a showcase this weekend on the other side of the state. Trey already has a half day. Wife wants to stop somewhere in between. Even tho it's less than a 3 hour drive, who am I to argue?

I sometimes call my kids Number One/Two/Three. My mom was one of four girls, and my grandfather to his dying day referred to them as Number One through Number Four more than he used their real names.

I have no clue how I missed out on the poker variant of Ace, Deuce, Trey. Well played, sir.

And to stay on topic, my wife and I lived in the Bay Area for almost two years in the early 2000s, and the nearest Chik-Fil-A was about 50 miles north of us. We made the 100 mile round trip just for lunch twice.

That's their real names.

Our last name is Diamond. With the wife (queen) and I (king), we have the second nut flush.

:rolleyes::whistle: :whistling:
LOL, even better.

And with that name, if Ace doesn't grow up to win the WSOP ME then there is no justice in the world. ;)

Halfway, you say? How about the Parlour at the Jackson All-Star Dairy? Then, if there is time, the Velvet Touch.

Last edited:
Getting ready to go get Ace and Deuce... Should be leaving in the next Jackson, which mean Chick-fil-A nom nom is gonna be closer to 2 p.m...

You could always tell the wife a more fit you was a goal for 2019, therefore you need to stop at the Oriental Health Spa.

Right on, great to see your boys playing the greatest game on earth. There are very, very few levels of hockey that I can't watch

So the boys got slammed by one of the better Division 1 teams in the state Saturday night. But one more thing to wrap this thread up.

The Toronto Maple Leafs were in town to play the Wings on Friday night. There must have been a mixup/overbooking at the LCA because Toronto took over the home rink where Ace and Deuce play out of for their pregame practice.

And because my sons' team cleared out the lockeroom for the weekend road trip, some of the Maple Leafs used their lockeroom. The Maple Leafs tweeted out video of recently-acquired Jake Muzzin and his first practice as a Maple Leaf...

That's the boys' lockeroom that he's coming out of. From this tweet from side ice, you can see the DC logo on the door:

Also in that lockeroom was Auston Matthews, John Tavares and William Nylander -- that's four elite NHL players. How do I know? Because other than the video of Muzzin, those four and about 8 other players all signed a "Saturday is for the Boys" flag that hangs in the locker room.

Very cool of you, TML. I hereby impose a self-ban on speaking badly of the Maple Leafs for the rest of the season.

I hereby impose a self-ban on speaking badly of the Maple Leafs for the rest of the season.
And now that that's over, I can say that the Toronto Make Beliefs suck. All the trades, the moves in the front office, and drafting Mathews and you can't get it if the first round? Glad you left the Island, Tavares? They're going on to the second round, you're going golfing.

52 years of mediocrity at best.

jdHagr5_d.jpg

(Sorry, @Marc Hedrick...)

Mike Babcock lives in South Lyon believe it or not! I have seen him out fishing a few times and he has been cool to me. He could have swamped my lowly canoe with his sweet-ass ski boat. He will probably be back fishing and skiing soon!

Lol.

Babcock is a good coach, he's not the problem. I always liked the guy. The Leafs just threw money at everything and still came up short.

While we are humble bragging, Jeff Blashill's kid(s) go to OLGC. I chatted him up when we played them in lax. Blashill has as many post season series wins as Babcock since the change.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom